Most annoying things people say when your losing weight!!

Options
So today I got invited for breakfast. I turned down because I didnt want to eat the muffins and bread and all that. I have my own goals but I'm tired of hearing " you don't need to eat healthy"!!Your skinny!! And so on. Comment. And send me a friend request.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time. So annoying. I'd still go though, but just try to eat the healthier options (or make room in my day for something with more calories).
  • Small_Town_Southern_Man
    Options
    I was told recently that I had gotten too skinny...by a female co-worker. One of her friends came by later to tell me that the only reason she had said that was because I now weigh less than she does and she can't handle that. Sorry, not sorry.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    "You work out too much." - okay, and? I'm trying to become an LEO. I have a fitness test I have to pass.

"You have to reward yourself sometimes." - No, the reward is not putting something into my body that I know is going to trigger me to binge for the next week, two weeks, month, and throw me off my goals.

"Don't get too skinny." - :unamused: I'll stop when I am comfortable with myself and can successfully reach my goals as an LEO.

"Wow, you eat a lot, how do you lose weight eating like that?" - because I portioned this ish out, measured it on a food scale, and it fits my calories for the day. I <3 eating a ton of food for a few calories. I'm sorry that your big mac and fries isn't filling at 1k calories, but my giant chicken breast (or steak..mm) and plethora of grilled veggies is..at like..400-500 calories. :)
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    People that think it's their place to decide when you can and can't fit in the calories to have something calorie-dense. "It's a special occasion, it's my birthday! You can indulge, this doesn't happen every day!" You don't know my schedule - maybe I'm hoarding calories that week and going out of town for the weekend. Maybe my mom's birthday was 2 days ago and I indulged then so I can't now. Maybe the kind of cake you bought just isn't worth the calories to my taste. Maybe I just don't want it as much as I want to maintain my deficit.

No matter what the reason is, it's not their place to decide for me when I can and can't afford to eat calorie-dense food.
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When average/thin people complain their fat to me...it's hurtful and discouraging.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you eat a lot, how do you lose weight eating like that?"

I love hearing that. The correct answer is "Yeah. Don't you wish you could, too?"
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like you need to lose weight!!!! I HATE that one. I don't care how you think I look it's about me and what's good for me and my height/weight and my health.
  • perkymommy
    Options
    osche731 wrote: »
    When average/thin people complain their fat to me...it's hurtful and discouraging.

I've always hated that.
  • perkymommy
    Options
    I was told recently that I had gotten too skinny...by a female co-worker. One of her friends came by later to tell me that the only reason she had said that was because I now weigh less than she does and she can't handle that. Sorry, not sorry.

:D:D
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    "How much weight did you lose this week?" Two pounds. "Is that all?" :s

Tell them this isn't the "Biggest Loser", its real life.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    osche731 wrote: »

That's your own insecurities. If they don't say anything about you, it has nothing to do with you. If a friend complains about getting grey hair, I don't take offense just because I have a bunch. If a friend complains about feeling so tired because of their kid, I don't feel offended and demean them just because I'm doing it with 3. We all have different levels of comfort and ideas of what our bodies should look like. If I want to lose weight, that's on me, and it wouldn't be right for anyone to tell me I'm being ridiculous, or roll their eyes, or get offended just because they are bigger than I am.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people claim not to have time for exercise....or when I hear how wonderful life will start to become on January 1st...
    Other than these two peeves, I tune out the loser herd.
  • justjennnnn
    justjennnnn Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Don't get too skinny."
    Someone said that to me and followed it with: "cuz when a woman loses her curves, that's just unattractive."
    As if to say I was fast approaching that point. Um...thanks?
    My response was pretty much the same as therealklane:
    - :unamused: I'll stop when I am comfortable with myself and can successfully reach my goals.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to lose any weight, you're already skinnier than a lot of people". I'm not going to lower my standards for myself because other people are worse off. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I must be surrounding myself with the right people nowadays. I haven't gotten ignorant comments like that in years. Most people tell me my hard work is paying off and that I look great. Sometimes they ask advice or just tell me what they're doing to be healthier. This has been the most positive weight loss experience I've ever had.

It probably helps that a good chunk of my interactions are with other fitness enthusiasts. When I was gaining muscle from lifting, my mom told me I looked "buff" and definitely meant it as a compliment. I think my family has realized that we all struggle, we all have our own goals, and we'll all find health and happiness in our own ways.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Tell them this isn't the "Biggest Loser", its real life.[/quote]
    Haha love that!

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I must be lucky too because I didn't/ don't get any kind of negative comments either. I did while back and only from one person and I set her straight right away. But if I did get any negative comments, they would get what they deserve. I don't mince my words, especially with people that doesn't deserve it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My old co-workers get on my nerves sometimes. "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight since you transferred to the fitness center! Must be all that working out!" I hardly ever make use of the facility, and I lost almost 60 lbs before I transferred from the office job to the fitness center. Thanks, though.
  • thewildair
    thewildair Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to lose any weight." Well, I'm still teetering on the edge of healthy and overweight BMI, so I'm pretty sure I do need to lose at least a little.

"Don't get too skinny!" Losing ain't easy, friend. I'm not going to accidentally waste away.

"You can indulge a little." Or, "Eating bad every now and then won't make you fat." You don't know what my diet looks like. Maybe I have a special event coming up with a lot of good food, maybe I had a big breakfast, maybe I just decided the calorie count in that particular treat is too high for the actual enjoyment I'll get from it.

Though, mostly, these comments come unsolicited from strangers or acquaintances. Fortunately for me, most my family and friends have been really supportive. Most often from them, I get comments like, "Wow, you have such good self control." Or, "You look great, how much have you lost so far?" So I've got that going for me, which is nice. :)