erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just say no... to anal leakage.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you take Alli... NEVER trust a fart... jus sayin'

:laugh:

Anything that lists "anal leakage" as a possible side effect is something I wish to avoid.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is nasty... I'd never consider taking it again. Not when you can lose weight pretty darn easily just by eating healthier foods. Also, Alli keep all fat from being absorbed, so the good fats that your body needs for healthy skin, and the good cholesterol is also flushed out of your foods. Healthy fats (from nuts, avocados, etc) are necessary for hormone production and balance within the body and help the muscle building and fat burning processes. I've heard good fats also help with enzyme regulation, energy, etc.
  • pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yes, it is nasty... I'd never consider taking it again. Not when you can lose weight pretty darn easily just by eating healthier foods. Also, Alli keep all fat from being absorbed, so the good fats that your body needs for healthy skin, and the good cholesterol is also flushed out of your foods. Healthy fats (from nuts, avocados, etc) are necessary for hormone production and balance within the body and help the muscle building and fat burning processes. I've heard good fats also help with enzyme regulation, energy, etc.

Oooh that's not good at all. Thanks for that info. :)
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This was a post a couple months ago...a bit raunchy, but a humorous way to look at the very real side effects of alli...

alli-immediatly?hl=alli&page=1%23posts-2831450">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214732-stop-taking-alli-immediatly?hl=alli&page=1#posts-2831450
  • pricetm83
    pricetm83 Posts: 49
    Options
    This was a post a couple months ago...a bit raunchy, but a humorous way to look at the very real side effects of alli...

alli-immediatly?hl=alli&page=1%23posts-2831450">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/214732-stop-taking-alli-immediatly?hl=alli&page=1#posts-2831450

First off, this was HYSTERICAL. Secondly, I am MORTIFIED by the FDA suggestion to wear dark pants and bring a change of clothes to work. Man, that guarantees pooping your pants. Everywhere. All the time.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yes it is FDA approved and the higher strength is a prescription,but I would stay away! It does teach you how to change your eating habits though, because anal leakage can ruin your day :)
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Since I value my reputation for never having pooped on myself at work, Alli will be a no go :)

HA!
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    Geez, people! No wonder you are all afraid of Alli - follow directions and you'll have no side effects. After my first baby I went on Alli for a couple of months to get me over the plateau and had ZERO side effects. If you log what you eat and limit the fat not just daily but in every meal, it works.

Alli is not an easy out, magic remedy. But it does help you lose an extra pound or two each week. Yes, you can lose weight by changing the way you eat and by exercising more frequently but for stubborn weight loss it works (ladies know what I'm talking about).

The best part is I did keep the weight off because I combined the pills with a healthy diet. I'm on Alli now again (after my second baby) and I never worry about farts or poops cause I know why I'm using it and, most importantly, HOW to use it. As soon as I get over my stubborn weight range, I'm done with it. If you have no self control then obviously Alli is not for you.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

i think i just peed my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was on Xenical years ago breifly, let me say, I hated the fact some days I had to turn around to go home to go to the bathroom before I left for work again. Too many oops. Not for me at all.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i think i just peed my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Geez, people! No wonder you are all afraid of Alli - follow directions and you'll have no side effects. After my first baby I went on Alli for a couple of months to get me over the plateau and had ZERO side effects. If you log what you eat and limit the fat not just daily but in every meal, it works.

Alli is not an easy out, magic remedy. But it does help you lose an extra pound or two each week. Yes, you can lose weight by changing the way you eat and by exercising more frequently but for stubborn weight loss it works (ladies know what I'm talking about).

The best part is I did keep the weight off because I combined the pills with a healthy diet. I'm on Alli now again (after my second baby) and I never worry about farts or poops cause I know why I'm using it and, most importantly, HOW to use it. As soon as I get over my stubborn weight range, I'm done with it. If you have no self control then obviously Alli is not for you.

I agree. The only way you will have those embarrassing side effects are if you eat like **** and take it. You HAVE to eat HEALTHY or you will **** your pants. I definitely used Alli.