Food Confessions.....

Options

Replies

• mariapal76
    mariapal76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is a good replacement for a baked good?? It's only week one of my new lifestyle....I'm struggling!!!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    mariapal76 wrote: »
    What is a good replacement for a baked good?? It's only week one of my new lifestyle....I'm struggling!!!

Fit in your baked good. I wouldn't set up your weight loss plan to avoid foods and "trick" yourself with replacements because, really, is that going to work?

Have a sensible calorie goal. Then fit in your foods. It's not that hard. If you go over one day, start fresh the next and keep at it. Don't give up.

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I sometimes stop by Wendy's on my way home, order a cheeseburger, and scarf it down before I get home. Then when I get home I pretend it didn't happen and continue on to eat my regular dinner.

Done that, been there ... and that's one reason I ended up at a weight of over 270 pounds at one time.
  • mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No!! I haven't done that this week. But last week I did it once.

I've totally done that! Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • osos85
    osos85 Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Replacement snacks: look into fiber one brand snacks such as their brownies and oatmeal bars. Start carrying healthy snacks with you and every time you think of cheating with something unhealthy just don't and eat a healthy one.. And if having a burger is a must then stop at in and out and order a protein style with no spread and no cheese,just add mustard or ketchup or both.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have also done the whole stopping by somewhere and getting something to eat. It is hard. I struggle everyday as I live in a very "foodie" community. As for sweets at night, my weakness is PB&J or Nutella sandwich. I found an oatmeal chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe on the MFP recipes that has really curbed my sweet tooth. I bake them, and I put them in a ziplock bag by servings and eat that. Seems to help..... so far!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For baked goods, I bake chocolate or piña colada cake, a much healthier version of cake, and eat a piece with Tru whip on top. Yummy...
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm lucky... i dont have a taste for fast food. My weakness is ice cream. More specifically, mint chocolate chip. I admit, i ate a pint of it before one day. :s It was a very stressful week, i think i deserved it! Lol.

We're all human. Just keep going :) tomorrow is a new day.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza today. A MASSIVE piece from whole foods. And then I ate another half slice.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I ate half a pizza today.. I've got you beat. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter problem so I can't have it in the house. I switched to powdered peanut butter but I still take a tablespoon, drop a little bit of water right into the jar, and eat it. Sometimes I don't log it. But sometimes I go back and have to add 12-24 grams :( I want to do it now.
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have a peanut butter problem so I can't have it in the house. I switched to powdered peanut butter but I still take a tablespoon, drop a little bit of water right into the jar, and eat it. Sometimes I don't log it. But sometimes I go back and have to add 12-24 grams :( I want to do it now.

If we can't have peanut butter, I don't want to live... even if it's the powder.
  • arditarose
    Options

If we can't have peanut butter, I don't want to live... even if it's the powder.

Even after I typed that I do this, I went right into the kitchen and did it :o Sabotage!!!

I've actually gotten so used to the powder I like it a bit better now. I make sauces with it so it covers more surface area lol.
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    I'd apologize for sabotaging you, but that's my food confession.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'd apologize for sabotaging you, but that's my food confession.

It's okay. I did it to myself. Whatever. 100 calories less on refeed day and we're even lol.
  • Palace76
    Palace76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ate half a pizza today.. I've got you beat. ;)

I've got you beat. I can literally eat Costco pizza all day. I've bought a pizza And grazed on it ALL day. Maybe ate more than 1/2 of it by myself. And Costco pizzas are HUGE. Ugh
  • arditarose
    Options
    Does anyone know if Costco still sells those crazy cinnamon buns? Nevermind I don't want to know.
  • Palace76
    Palace76 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Costco still sells those crazy cinnamon buns? Nevermind I don't want to know.

They sell those 2 feet long churros!! lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    Palace76 wrote: »

They sell those 2 feet long churros!! lol

I don't remember those. If it's not a churro-dog I don't care.
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had some velveeta pasta and chocolate. Once a week I have a junk food meal to stay sane. Nothing wrong with that as long as you dont have one more than once a week :) cheat meals once in a while are ok