weight loss pills suggestions??

Options
i would like something to help me out with my diet. can anyone recommend any weight loss pills that work? i tried adios a long time ago but they didnt work. ive been looking into raspberry ketones, and detox pills, but they all have mixed reviews

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Let's ask a question in reverse, and I don't mean this sarcastically or in a snippy way. Why are you trying to find a weight loss pill?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills are great at emptying your wallet.

Just save the money and eat less food. If those pills actually worked everyone would be slender and fit.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    afura, as i said, i want something to help me out with my diet, so i can lose weight faster
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    How is a pill going to help your diet? If your calories are in the appropriate range for your activity level, your diet will work without pills.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    what are these pills made for then?
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @sammiewamiee in the USA I think most doctors have stopped prescribing the 'speed' like products. My sister got some heart damage many years ago from what the doctor gave her. I do not see any discussion on the subject. Dr. Oz, etc talk about pills all of the time but never heard of anything of any value.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!

To scam people out of their money. We say negative things about weight loss pills because at best they do next to nothing and at worst they could be harmful to your health. Everyone wants to find an easier and faster way to lose weight, which is why these 'diet pill' companies are able to keep making money. Many of us on here have fallen for these scams in the past which is why there is often a strong negative reaction when they are mentioned on these forums, but please know the negativity is directed at the manufacturers of these 'weight loss' pills and not at you! The good thing is that calorie deficit works when you do it right! What specific problems are you having with your diet? It may be that a simple tweak like tightening up your logging might give you the boost you need :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options

Because people like you will buy them.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    They're made because they're snake oil sold to gullible buyers. No one is arguing. We're telling you: these pills don't work.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The way to look at things like this is quite simple.

Obesity, and obesity related problems cost world governments billions upon billions of £/$.
    In 2007, the direct cost of obesity to the NHS was £2.3 billion and the direct cost of being overweight, but not obese, was £1.9 billion
    http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/foresight/docs/obesity/17.pdf
    A more recent estimate of the direct cost to the NHS in 2006/07 of people being overweight and obese was £5.1 billion
    http://jpubhealth.oxfordjournals.org/content/33/4/527.full.pdf+html
    These costs are dwarfed by the cost to society as a whole – which includes those resulting from unemployment, early retirement and associated welfare benefits. In 2007 these were estimated at an additional £11.6 billion
    http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/foresight/docs/obesity/17.pdf

Now, if there were "weight loss pills that work" do you not think they would be a commonplace measure wielded by national governments to aid this growing financial burden?

Think about it.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a thing that can be made to be quick, you can only safely lose a small amount of weight per week. That loss can be easily achieved with a moderate deficit. So if you can lose as much as you safely can through diet, why would you then want to spend money on something that isn't going to add anything to your weight loss attempts?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Diet pills are made to make someone else money.
    People who do extreme diets, take pills or start intense exercise plans often can't sustain their program and maintain their loss.
    Just eat the calories MFP tells you. Log as accurately as you can everything you consume. Be patient. If you have less than 50 lbs to lose 1 lb a week is a really good healthy rate.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Green tea extract.
    Had to pull over the side of the road and call 911 while driving b/c I thought I was having a heart attack.
    I was a fool to think pills would work.
  • callitaday1
    callitaday1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Qsymia which is only available by prescription is the only reputable pharmaceutical aide in weight loss. I loss 65 lbs on it along with following WW. It's been well over a year and still maintaining WITHOUT any pills. It was just a tool at the time which was monitored for only a year by my doctor. I was clinically obese.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Those pills are made to make dishonest people rich off the money they can swindle out of the desperate.

Save your money and keep working hard to change the habits that got you where you didn't and don't want to be.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Because people like you will buy them.

yep.
    Pills wont help, I promise.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Don't
    Feel free to pay me out of the money you save LOL
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

These pills were made to make scam artists rich. Next time don't ask for opinions if you really don't want any.
  • Migreatlaker
    Migreatlaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sammie, I get what you're looking for. I changed antidepressants and in one month lost 8 pounds. Those cravings in the evening which add to a lot of calories were gone. Other issues of medical complications arouse from the anti depressant - I had to stop taking it. I really would like to find something similar.