Strangest things seen while out on a run...

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Live wild turkeys running AFTER you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    that's the real thanksgiving turkey trot

• gypsyrose85
    gypsyrose85 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I walk along the river here and I see typical stuff, frogs, turtles, foxes, ducks, vultures, but recently the bald eagles that nest near where I live as they were out and about. Huge birds. The fox likes to pop up around the neighborhood if I walk in the evenings, and scare the bejeezus out of me. Cute though.

My cat would go on walks with us:)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Some of these made me laugh out loud. And since it's 4 AM and I'm stuck at work I thank you all for this. I walk/run in my subdivision around a bunch of lakes/ponds. It wasn't overly strange, more like creepy, but one time I went out late afternoon, I was on the street that had the back of some of the townhomes on an elevation on one side and woods sloping down to the lake on the other. There was no sun out, it was a dreary afternoon and I was alone. On each of the street lights down the road, sat a buzzard. It felt like something out of a horror movie. I just made sure to keep moving so they wouldn't think I was roadkill.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Sadly I don't have anything funny like some of you. But this morning I ran past a full loaf of bread sat on a garden wall?
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I saw someone walking a massive pig once. It was on a lead next to their dog.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Nothing strange that I can recall - I live in a pretty boring place I guess =)
    I've seen: squirrels, rabbits, deer, skunk, garter snakes,
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This was AFTER I lost my weight...

I was out on a run in shoes and shorts, and a lady friend of my mother stopped to "ask directions", because she was "new in town"....even though she lived there for over 20 years... B)
    I could feel her eyes crawling over my body....and not once did she recognize me.
  • Runningforafew
    Runningforafew Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A sign that read "pterodactyl sanctuary" in front of a construction entrance ...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    A sign that read "pterodactyl sanctuary" in front of a construction entrance ...

That is freaking awesome!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Live wild turkeys running AFTER you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

We used to have chickens and what I noticed:
    If you run at them they scatter
    If you run away from them they follow you

I think they figured if I was running away from something they better get out of there too!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    I saw someone walking a massive pig once. It was on a lead next to their dog.
    Our FFA chapter raised their animals near the park i now run in. I used to walk my lamb there. XD

• AudeMarine86
    AudeMarine86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sometimes cross paths with my parents' neighbour - and my former nanny - walking her dog and her cat. The dog's on a leash but the cat just follows them on her own.
  • sy8jr8p
    sy8jr8p Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happened this morning actually, i was running and saw a package for an 11.5 inch *kitten*. My running partner and i were laughing hysterically.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    A woman carrying 4 children. One in each arm, one on her shoulder, one in a baby carrier, and a 5th one walking along grabbing her dress.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I have walked my cats on there leashes. I am sure that was a new one for others on the trail.

I've seen dear, fish corpses (guessing from recent flooding). Normally wildlife as my trail is on a river.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    • A ferret, running wild along the city waterfront
      [

A ferret you say are you sure that wasn't just murr
  • ceilingfansandfryingpans
    Options
    Not exactly "weird" as in nature weird but weird nonetheless:

I was around 15(4 years ago) when I first started trying to lose weight and I was maybe 180 lbs and I loved running around my old neighborhood. One day I was jogging and an older man rolled up next to me and started asking if I needed a ride anywhere and was VERY insistent until I realized what was going on and I ignored him and bolted, lol.

Kind of scary to think I could have been abducted because obese teenagers are very easy to outrun. Luckily it was right in the middle of the day, bright and sunny. I wish I could say this was an isolated occurrence but living in a huge city right next to downtown, I've got plenty of similar stories.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I live in a little village in England and on one run around the country lanes there was a tall 60-70 year old gentleman roller skating in circles

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Got flashed at by guy lurking in bushes, odd thing was it was 5am on a freezing cold November morning.
    Did report it only to be asked "what did he look like, hair colour, eyes etc". Even if I had noticed his face wouldn't have made much out, too dark and half his face was masked by leaves.
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG, where are you people from?!?! If there was a chance to encounter rattlesnakes, tarantulas, coyotes, or naked people on my run, I'd treadmill it all the time - LOL!