Ladies 50+ pounds to lose

Options

Replies

• Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    I've been on and off this journey for as long as I can remember and I'm back at it once again.
    Looking to lose 50 lbs with a gw of 125, but for now much focus is to lose 20 lbs by July
    Goodluck everyone, I believe in you! !
  • makeba_williams
    makeba_williams Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey! I'm on a mission to lose "my age"!
  • libby0907
    libby0907 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and weigh 180 and my goal is 130. My frame is small and I have trouble breathing sometimes or just doing normal tasks.
  • orexplorations
    orexplorations Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I am on a journey to stop using food to cover for areas in my life where I am unhappy.
    In the last year I have decided to start organizing trips to Buenos Aires as a sensory experience where we really enjoy food and among other things dance tango.
    I completed two trips in March and I lost 5 lbs! Without doing almost anything!!! just being happy.
    I am planning on loosing 30 lbs by being happy. When I am happy, I eat well.
    I am going back to Buenos Aires in September and I want to be proud of my body and really enjoy wearing beautiful dresses and specially feeling light and agile.
    I am determined to nurture myself with great superfood drinks, colorful salads and fruits. Only eat food when it is the best quality and prepared with the best ingredients, as a celebration to myself. I am also recovering and re organizing my finances, making decisions about my marriage and my future. These are the areas where I am not being happy!! I eat instead of fixing what doesn't work here.
    I hope to find a few if you who may be going through something similar and perhaps know we are going on the same direction together.
    To start with,
    I signed up for Tango lessons here in Minneapolis where I live. I had my first lesson here after a few I took in Buenos Aires. I loved it. I was truly happy!
    I am 5.3 and weigh 153.2 today. My goal is to weigh 120 by Sept. 4
  • kimmie373
    kimmie373 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looking for some peeps. I currently weight 275 and will turn 50 in a month. I would like some friends to help with my journey. Sometimes I feel like giving up but realize I can't. I can't give up. I am worth a better me. I have a special challenge in my weight loss. I have cancer. My meds at times have helped contribute to gaining weight. I have bones that hurt sometimes. My cancer is terminal but I still have a few years left and I want to be able to enjoy them. My weight is keeping me from enjoying life. Enjoying the outdoors which I have always loved. Please add me.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out at 236 on another app before it bombed on me. Last weigh-in was at 181, and I have hit several plateaus, almost given up, but I'm still pushing on. I have another 40 to go until I hit a reconsideration point. I'm working with a registered dietician and an exercise physiologist, and I walk, use the elliptical, weight train, do yoga, and started swim lessons in August. I have added swimming laps to my regimen. I will be 65 in July, and I do not plan to while my senior years away in assisted living.
  • baileylyzenga
    baileylyzenga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 190 lbs. My first goal is to make it to 140 lbs. I'm hoping to make it to 120 lbs eventually. Feel free to add me!
  • lincolngurl11
    lincolngurl11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi currently at 241...new to fitness pal but not losing weight...up and down since I had my first child(38 years ago lol)...so I'm hoping to give and get some support here so I can get closer to my goal weight of 170-180
  • lincolngurl11
    Options
    Hi currently at 241...new to fitness pal but not losing weight...up and down since I had my first child(38 years ago lol)...so I'm hoping to give and get some support here so I can get closer to my goal weight of 170-180
    Please add me
  • caroandjemy
    caroandjemy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 and I am currently at 199. I want to lose atleast another 40lbs. Add me :-)
  • KyHymon14
    KyHymon14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm currently 260 & would like to get to 160. feel free to add me
  • moshintomato
    moshintomato Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot even, 228 lbs-170 is the goal. Looking for friends to compete with.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm at 188 and still trying to get to my prepregnancy weight of 160. After that I'd like to get to a toned 145. Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm not going anywhere any time soon.
  • sllingenfelter
    sllingenfelter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started out the year at 220 and three months later I'm 190. That's 30lbs in 3 months! :) I'm so excited to reach 140 which is what a 5'5 woman like myself should weight. I plan on reaching that goal by the end of the year. And I've been on here everyday but one since I joined. I be happy to add anyone as a friend as long as they don't give up :)
  • lincolngurl11
    Options
    I started out the year at 220 and three months later I'm 190. That's 30lbs in 3 months! :) I'm so excited to reach 140 which is what a 5'5 woman like myself should weight. I plan on reaching that goal by the end of the year. And I've been on here everyday but one since I joined. I be happy to add anyone as a friend as long as they don't give up :)

Add me because I'm determined!
  • tiffiewiffie99
    tiffiewiffie99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm giving the app another try. I need to lose 50 pounds.. Looking for motivating friends.
  • kwiatrtdy2
    kwiatrtdy2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I'm in the same boat! Lost a load of weight and then piled it all back on (and more) over the last year. My goal is 150lbs, I'm 5'7". I'm currently in the 230's. Feel free to add me.
  • nat32016
    nat32016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I decided to give the app a try to help me on this adventure. I would love to make friends on here going through the getting healthy journey. Feel free to add me
  • VooDooMoose13
    VooDooMoose13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've finally decided to get back in the saddle. I've been on this site for years now, off and on. I would lose anything between 10-30 lbs each time, but then gain it all back (and usually then some) after some occurrence or change in schedule, such as starting a new job, new school schedule, or just good, old-fashioned, loss of motivation. I'm really sick of the yo-yoing though, and would love to stick to it this time around. I love this site as a tool, but, due to battling with social anxiety in the past, have found it hard to get involved in the MFP community. Since the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, I decided to wade into the waters of doing something new and joining the community for support and motivation.

My current weight is 221 lbs, I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is the 160-150 range (I've never been down in that weight range before and I don't know what will look and feel best on my body frame once I'm there, hence the range). My small term goals are to reach a 5 lb. loss by the end of each month.

Feel free to add me and best of luck to all of you in your journeys!
  • zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I started at 222 in December, I am currently at 202. My goal weight is 145. I am 5'9.