Treats and alcohol?..deserve to treat or not 2 treat ???

Options
I have lost 3inches in a week but now I feel like I deserve a treat so I'm having a little alcohol is this bad ? I have been really good all week or do u think next week I should resist the temptation but when it's Friday night I need a bit of alcohol haven't had any for 2 weeks lol.
Need ideas on how 2 forget bout my cravings?

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a "mock"tail. Do you crave the alcohol or just the drink itself? If you're craving alcohol then you could have a problem. Haha!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a "mock"tail. Do you crave the alcohol or just the drink itself? If you're craving alcohol then you could have a problem. Haha!!

People drink fake alcohol? Whats the point?!?!?! Thats like decaf coffee! Terrible idea!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It is your call, your choice, your life, no two ways about it alcohol slows my weight loss and I make stupid choices re food when I am drinking.... But I enjoy a drink so it u's my call, my choice, my life .... Lose consistently or erratically.... I choose erratically! Good luck!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That depends. What do you plan to drink? How much? Will you really stop at that or does that just sound like the right number?

Treats are great as long they don't undo all the hard work that you've done.
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Lol thanks 4 that, I just fancied a cider but I think it's because I know they were in my kitchen, if they went in the house I wouldn't have it lol x
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Go for it have some fun. I couldn't imagine giving up the nights I tip back a few(weekends). Have to live a little
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have white wine spritzers,( use soda water ) as a treat

yummy :tongue:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Oh honey... at least once a week I enjoy the hell out of a dirty gin martini! :drinker:
  • piedmone
    piedmone Posts: 3
    Options
    Have the drink(s)! I intend to trade at least part of my dinner calories for vodka tonight, and, there isnt' a single thing anyone can say to make me feel guilty about it! I am a grown-*kitten* woman.
  • shannaire
    Options

People drink fake alcohol? Whats the point?!?!?! Thats like decaf coffee! Terrible idea!

Love the comments lol x
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

HAHAH agreed
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    enjoy the drink. If you've allowed for it in your calories and you want it, have it. I'm allowing myself two glasses of red tonight after a 6oz steak dinner, and I feel so spoilt!!! yum yum!!!!
    don't drink creamy cocktails, keep to slim line and try red wine. Keep to a couple and you'll be fine!
    Enjoy!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I say do it! What is work without rewards?

Just remember to count the calories, and don't be surprised if you retain several pounds of water in the morning after drinking (I do after just 2 drinks).
  • shannaire
    Options
    Lol just fancied a drink been unwell I just craved a cider lol like your comment x
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Some people just like the taste. I like coffee after dinner sometimes, but obviously don't want the caffeine that late so yes, I will drink a cup of decaf. As far as the booze goes, I'm not saying I drink alcohol free drinks, but some people do. Not everyone drinks to get drunk believe it or not.
  • playintf
    playintf Posts: 2
    Options

I agree!!!!:huh:
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    If you want to indulge, go for straight vodka or rum. Mixing those in with water and a flavor packet or those MIO things works surprisingly well. When I had drink it was just a cup of water, sweet tea flavor, and strawberry rum...tasted great and only as many calories as the alcohol(67 :p)
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options

In my high school someone came up with the saying, "O'douls. For people who want to get fat not drunk." :wink:

Otherwise, it's really not about depriving yourself or what you can or can't consume (I'm not addressing whether or not the alcohol is a problem other than with the calories. ) Think big picture. Have some drinks. But maybe have broccoli and chicken for lunch instead of pizza, or do a little more exercise early in the day, etc.; Also, I use the mobile app that gives me where I am for the week. I feel it's good to stay under for the week, it sort of averages out.

Also, vodka and soda (not tonic) is a good low calorie drink. Believe it or not beer isn't so bad either. Sweet drinks like margaritas and frozen/girlie things etc. are mind-bogglingly stuffed with calories. It's like a steak dinner. Ick.
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options

That's what I was thinking too :)......I think if you want to have drink, why not? Are you not going to drink the rest of your life because you might gain some calories? I say everything in moderation ;)
  • playintf
    playintf Posts: 2
    Options
    Right on!