Do women prefer guys with 6pack abs?

Options
I know this may be a silly question BUT, do women prefer a guy with abs or does it matter? I have heard women say it does not matter what a guy looks like - and I slap BS on that. Anyone who spends all day looking for shoes that match an outfit cant be that unpicky when it comes to guys... :smile:

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I dont not like six pack abs however I wouldnt want them on my guy lol my fiance is thin but not scronny or rippped lol Hes just right lol
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just like with men, its all preference, like do men prefer size zero women? Or women with big boobs? Etc.

Personally, I really don't care. I want my bf to be fit and healthy and happy, having a 6 pack is a total non-essential. And not all women have to match every outfit with shoes...try finding me an outfit that works with my Vibrams!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    hahaha... I hear woman ooo and ahhh when it shows some guy with a ripped body coming out of the pool. A few yum yum's are thrown in there...
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    They're hot, but not having them isn't a deal-breaker.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Sexy is always in the eye of the beholder. Personally I like the happy medium...not a fan of a 6 pack or a beer gut!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Do women like ice cream and chocolate? Of course we like 6 pack abs :)....lol.. does it matter if you have them or not? probably not :)
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Good answer denetra! I like that :) Im trying to be that ice cream and chocolate :smile:
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Of course I will admire a body hard worked for, lol! For me the most attractive body type is lean and not too muscular (more like a runners body).
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yeah and I see men ogle women all the time who look like they stepped off the pages of Maxim! Doesn't mean those guys only date women who look like models! Well most of them don't anyway...and similarly, we women aren't monolithic in our tastes. :)
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Honestly, muscle men do nothing for me. I'm a sucker for strong toned arms but actually six packs turn me OFF, sorry. I like big blokes..tall, long hair, tattoos, beards, bit of a belly! :love:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nice to look at, but really really low on the priority list.

My only fitness/strength requirement is that I want the guy to be able to beat me at arm wrestling. And that's only because my ex-boyfriend got really pissy about it when I beat him. :laugh:

And I personally think any woman who'd REQUIRE a guy to have a six pack is a woman to run far far away from. Ditto for men with strict requirements on their woman's physique.
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Of course women are going to drool at it. He's screaming masculinity and sex. However, as some have already mentioned, it's all preference. You have your body be the way YOU want it, not what someone else wants. That's what's most important.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    its nice too look at but i don't want to snuggle up to a guy thats all hard and chizzled, just not comfy
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer a nice tight backside...Abs are okay, but usually the guys that have them spemd too much time maintaining them (IMHO).
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    While it's true that the shoes and the clothes do need to match....and preferably the purse, eyeglasses and sunglasses too...it is NOT true that all women prefer six pack abs. I second what Eskimopie says about it being all about preference, and wanting the bf to be fit, healthy and happy!! You also have to ask yourself, do you really WANT a girl that's that fixated on the abs??? Probably not...JMO...
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    They're hot, but not having them isn't a deal-breaker.
    This. I really like when they are just a bit defined, as opposed to fully ripped. Although I don't mind those either lol.
  • Ashbashyoo
    Options
    hey hey hey! i need my shoes to match my outfits! lol buuut im not picky about how a guy looks. my husband has a chubby belly. i looove it! i personally prefer chubby. im not into 6 pack abs lol.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Well, I do prefer my guy to not have a gut. And a six-pack wouldn't be bad. But I have to say that there are things a whole lot more important. If my husband had a hot body but treated me disrespectfully, he'd be out on his ear. I'd rather have a slightly squishy, sweet teddy-bear guy than a sculpted jerk.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    hahaha... I hear woman ooo and ahhh when it shows some guy with a ripped body coming out of the pool. A few yum yum's are thrown in there...

Those guys are just eye candy...doesn't mean we want to keep him. :laugh:
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know this may be a silly question BUT, do women prefer a guy with abs or does it matter? I have heard women say it does not matter what a guy looks like - and I slap BS on that. Anyone who spends all day looking for shoes that match an outfit cant be that unpicky when it comes to guys... :smile:

I don't! Fit yes; defined yes. But I don't want to cuddle with a block of steel!