weight loss pills suggestions??

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    what are these pills made for then?
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!

I can only speak for myself, but I used a weight loss pill because I was lazy, had no will power and wanted to lose weight as quickly as possible with minimal effort.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If you are focused on pills then you really aren't ready to do what is necessary to lose weight.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Dr OZ suggested Garcinia Cambogia.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    mwinslow69 wrote: »
    Dr OZ suggested Garcinia Cambogia.

Dr. Oz is a quack.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If Doctor Oz told people jumping off a cliff was good for their health, his fans would likely not even question that.
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I could never use Alli knowing that orange fatty discharge out of my booty is an acceptable side effect. Nope. No thank you. I'd rather count calories and just naturally maintain a caloric deficit.
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Orange greasy poo is something you just cannot ever unsee. Ask me how I know. I'm sure someone has the link to that thread handy...

Orange used to be my favourite colour, right up until just now.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    If you're looking for a hunger suppressant, DayQuil LiquiCaps always killed my appetite whenever I took it.

Are you seriously suggesting abusing a cold medication merely for a possible appetite suppression side effect? :s
  • Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    63vV6B1.jpg
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    SammieWammie, I understand your eagerness to lose weight and be successful at it. I have tried the diet pills, and I'd bet many others who have answered have too. We don't take them any longer because they simply don't work. They may appear to work in the short term, because of diuretic or stimulate effects, but they don't burn the fat. They certainly don't promote the lifestyle change that is really needed to lose weight and keep it off.

I would suggest following MFP suggestions. Balance your calories throughout the day with good foods. Moderate exercise 3x/week to start, then gradually increase.

Be patient. If you're losing 1-2 pounds per week, then you're doing just fine. Don't get discourage when you plateau for a week or two. Those pounds will drop off too. There's plenty of discussions about dealing with plateaus too.

Again, be patient. The weight didn't appear overnight - don't expect it to disappear overnight either.

Good luck.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just don't. Not trying to be rude, however, over the course of my old life, I have tried over-the-counter weight loss pills, prescribed weight loss pills, shake replacements, weigh-in groups of All the types.... Wish I had the $$ and my gallbladder back from all the horrible "weight loss helps" I tried and yep, lost weight and gained it back plus more usually over the course of a few years. CICO is the ONLY way to go! A sustainable WOE, exercise, good sleep habits, and just generally taking care of yourself will aid you for a lifetime - not just an event. And yes, that orange oily "discharge" happens at the absolute worst of times! I will not regale anyone with that nasty story..... Just say No!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No, just NO to slimming pills or aids of any kind.
    Track your calories and move more than you do now and you will lose weight.
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Everyone once in awhile I would try the "newest" diet pill. I found that taking the pills would make me a bit "lazy" about sticking with my eating plan so it was a losing battle for me. Plus, anything "speedy" would make me more hungry, not less. What is working for me so far, is pairing myfitnesspal with fitbit. I like seeing my daily calories adjusted each day based on my activity. Not just to earn extra calories, but to know I need to eat less on my less active days.
  • Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts.
    Reassess your reasons to lose weight and get working.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!

Maybe the problem is in the "weight loss pill" phrase?
    What type of products are you looking for? I'm using supplements, such as CLA, inulin, PhD series for women, I take them with exercise and sticking to my diet.

There's plenty of products for water retention as well, however they work just as good as natural products and only if you have underlying problem with water retention. Maybe your diet isn't fiber-rich that can slow your weight loss as well... natural capsaicin? Boosts fat burning as well.
    There's plenty to say and plenty to nag about when someone asks about weight loss pill.

If only that was so easy ;)

Have a lovely day ahead

yes maybe i should have phrased it better. but still, no need for people to talk to me the way that they did. what im after is something that could help with my metabolism, or something that could curb my appetite. like others are making out, im not after a magic pill lol
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    i would like something to help me out with my diet. can anyone recommend any weight loss pills that work? i tried adios a long time ago but they didnt work. ive been looking into raspberry ketones, and detox pills, but they all have mixed reviews

None.

The best way to lose weight and stick to it and keep it off is to change your lifestyle (exercise and eating lifestyle). The way I always look at it when it comes to weight loss is if I can't continue to do it every day of my life from here on out (forever) then I don't do it. So unless you plan to take a diet pill daily for the rest of your life and depend on that for your weight loss then don't do it. Try a healthier, more realistic approach. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! Good luck to you!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

They're made for the makers to make money from people desperate for weight loss.
    There is nothing they can do that you can't do yourself for a fraction of the cost by making smart choices.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Metabolism basically is what it is. Some studies have shown green tea works so I'm drinking oolong tea basically as a substitute for soda but I'm not expecting it to have dramatic results on it's own. I would rather drink something I can see than take a pill that I'm not sure what it does.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

What type of products are you looking for? I'm using supplements, such as CLA, inulin, PhD series for women, I take them with exercise and sticking to my diet.

There's plenty of products for water retention as well, however they work just as good as natural products and only if you have underlying problem with water retention. Maybe your diet isn't fiber-rich that can slow your weight loss as well... natural capsaicin? Boosts fat burning as well.
    There's plenty to say and plenty to nag about when someone asks about weight loss pill.

Have a lovely day ahead

yes maybe i should have phrased it better. but still, no need for people to talk to me the way that they did. what im after is something that could help with my metabolism, or something that could curb my appetite. like others are making out, im not after a magic pill lol

Unless you have thyroid issues, your metabolism is what it is, and things claiming to "boost" or "rev up" or "kick start" your metabolism are just as bogus as the diet pills.

So, bottom line, if you now think the problem is that your metabolism has slowed, you need to be talking to your doctor, and not looking at random garbage 'cures' in the form of pills, teas or detoxes. They do not work and a lot are actually quite dangerous.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Have a lovely day ahead

"Boosting" your metabolism is dangerous--people have died from supplements that actually increased their metabolisms. It's horrible for your heart/blood pressure. Also, increasing your metabolism increases your body temperature, meaning you sweat all the time. So you'll stink and have a heart attack.

Any pill that claims to increase your metabolism may have a tiny effect--1% or so, like a cup of coffee--which would amount to, at most, about 20 calories a day.
  • sammiewammie444
    Options
    The only pills I've considered are ones that are all natural ingredients, so I doubt they would be dangerous. And I'd only buy from Holland and bar rat (which is a health store)
  • sammiewammie444
    Options
    Barrats*