2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I have been having this issue as well, and I posted about on the forums as well and I have gotten told from everything from "you are not logging acurrately" and "you are lying to yourself about what you really eat." Its debilitating hearing that from a community when you KNOW you are not lying and logging, weighing food, and exercising. All I can say is keep at it! I hit a month plateau and was stuck at 274 lbs, finally just barely this morning I am under and hit 273.6. I know its a small half pound loss, but it gave me hope and I know I can keep going now. Things may slow down and I do not know why, but just keep doing it and the weight WILL come off. I also tried stepping away from the scale for a week, as I was weighing myself on a daily basis, and seeing 274 everyday would just make me pissed! lol

Look at her diary, many days of no entries or only partial days!!! **rollingeyes**

My phone was taken in for repairs since last Thursday so I have been without one and not been able to log. Don't judge unless you know someone lol I've lost over 100 lbs on MFP in the last 3 years. ^_^

I lost 121 pounds and maintained now for almost 19 months. ;)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    The partial logging isn't partial that's what I've eaten all day. The days missed is when I'm at work and I get a 30 min break in 12 and half hours I work in a hospital in delivery suite so I can't log then and I can tell you exactly what I eat in the whole 12 hour shift a tin of baked beans on 2 slices of toast and yogurt with fruit so I know them days I def don't eat too many calories

She was referring to me and what I said :) I haven't had a phone since Friday since it was taken in for repairs, so she assumed I do not log/keep accurate track of what I eat and that's why I haven't lost anything lol
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have been having this issue as well, and I posted about on the forums as well and I have gotten told from everything from "you are not logging acurrately" and "you are lying to yourself about what you really eat." Its debilitating hearing that from a community when you KNOW you are not lying and logging, weighing food, and exercising. All I can say is keep at it! I hit a month plateau and was stuck at 274 lbs, finally just barely this morning I am under and hit 273.6. I know its a small half pound loss, but it gave me hope and I know I can keep going now. Things may slow down and I do not know why, but just keep doing it and the weight WILL come off. I also tried stepping away from the scale for a week, as I was weighing myself on a daily basis, and seeing 274 everyday would just make me pissed! lol

Look at her diary, many days of no entries or only partial days!!! **rollingeyes**

My phone was taken in for repairs since last Thursday so I have been without one and not been able to log. Don't judge unless you know someone lol I've lost over 100 lbs on MFP in the last 3 years. ^_^

I lost 121 pounds and maintained now for almost 19 months. ;)

That's amazing! Now keep a good attitude so you can show that off one day too! :D
  • Serah87
    Options
    The partial logging isn't partial that's what I've eaten all day. The days missed is when I'm at work and I get a 30 min break in 12 and half hours I work in a hospital in delivery suite so I can't log then and I can tell you exactly what I eat in the whole 12 hour shift a tin of baked beans on 2 slices of toast and yogurt with fruit so I know them days I def don't eat too many calories

You are the one asking for help, I gave you some ideals why you are not losing!! Read the chart above.
  • LillianNewman
    LillianNewman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been counting every calorie and going to the gym 4-5 times a week for the last 6 weeks and I've lost 3lb over that time.
    I've made a massive difference to my diet and everything I eat I log.
    I've gone from doing no exercise to doing a lot and still the weight not coming off.
    One week I lose a pound and the next I put it back on.
    I just don't get it all the changes I've made the weight should be falling off

Watch the carb intake. That was my mistake. I am limiting my carbs to 30 a day, fat to 30 a day and protein to 40. There are decisions other than carbs, and steering away from bread helps me. It's definitly a life changing thing. I couldn't believe that lentil soup was so high in carbs. It's got good protein, but the carbs! Carbs turn into sugar in the pancreas. Going to investigate other veggie soups that aren't.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've been counting every calorie and going to the gym 4-5 times a week for the last 6 weeks and I've lost 3lb over that time.
    I've gone from doing no exercise to doing a lot and still the weight not coming off.

Watch the carb intake. That was my mistake. I am limiting my carbs to 30 a day, fat to 30 a day and protein to 40. There are decisions other than carbs, and steering away from bread helps me. It's definitly a life changing thing. I couldn't believe that lentil soup was so high in carbs. It's got good protein, but the carbs! Carbs turn into sugar in the pancreas. Going to investigate other veggie soups that aren't.

Unless OP has a medical problem that she hasn't shared, carbohydrates aren't going to be a problem for her weight loss unless they cause her to go over her calorie goal.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Individual macros dont make you gain weight - going over on calories does.
    Some carbs are very filling and should not be dismissed simply for being a carb.

• Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Lucylocket, I would suggest that you buy yourself a scale, then buy yourself some real food instead of the prepackaged, processed stuff that you are eating. What you do log appears to be processed food that is notoriously high in sodium, which will cause you to retain water, and added sugars. There have also been studies that indicate that artificial sweeteners will contribute to weight gain in much the same way that real sugar does. Then spend a few hours putting together healthy meals that you can take to work with you, even if that meal is eaten in the car or public transport. Your daily food intake is top heavy on unhealthy carbs.
  • TamiSH2
    TamiSH2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem I was eating around 1200 - 1300 calories a day and not eating back my exercise calories, i was not losing. i raised my calories to 1500 - 1600 still not eating back my exercise calories and have started to lose again. some times people are not eating enough. I used a calculator and it said i should be at 2000 for maintenance. take a look at this http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator-calibration/ and http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Serah87
    Options

No. As long as your in deficit you will lose weight no matter what you eat in carbs.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged - 3 lbs. in 6 weeks is good! It may not be what you want, but it is nothing to balk at. For perspective, I've been trying ridiculously hard to lose for 27 months and have lost 32 lbs. You are losing at twice that rate.
  • lucylocketlostherpocket32
    Options
    Thank you for the advice!
    I will keep at it.
    Everyone keep telling me you will feel so much better giving up smoking, exercising and better diet but actually I've felt horrendous ever since LOL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I fail to see how losing 3 pounds is 'not any weight'.