Question for the Ladies (Serious Replies Please)

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Anything that shows that you have been paying attention to her wants, needs and tastes is great! Honestly, if you have noticed one or two things that she especially likes or enjoys, you are doing great.

I came home to a completely clean house last weekend and that was AWESOME.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'd be most impressed by a clean house (that I didn't have to clean!). That and a dinner I like?...Id be putty!

Im not a flower person, or a candle person. So those I ca take or leave. Music, dinner and a clean house would be AMAZING!
  • Niccipj1022
    Niccipj1022 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Consider making up the bathroom, too...candles, bubble bath, etc...
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cfritch26 wrote: »
    For my mine and my husband's first anniversary I came home from work and he had laid out my favorite dress and was in the suit he wore at our rehearsal dinner. He set the table like it was a fancy restaurant...flowers, candles, a tablecloth...and had our song playing. He's not the most skilled cook so he got takeout from our favorite restaurant. It made it so special that he took a simple meal at home and turned our dining room into a 5 star restaurant, and we dressed up just to eat take out! It was simple, inexpensive, and the most wonderful anniversary I could imagine.

I love that he laid out your fav dress and was in a suit. I often feel like my husband doesn't get how desperately I would like us to both get dressed up. We don't have to go anywhere, like what you two did, a nice dinner at home is perfect. Just the getting dressed up part is so nice, to me it shows you still care <3

• mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts! I appreciate it more than you know :o)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    As others said, paying attention to her diet preferences. I love it when my husband makes me something I love to eat but don't very often, even something as silly as pigs in a blanket. I also agree with having the dishes done, and the house not being a mess. For me, the pets being fed and dog being walked would be a huge plus. After dinner, planning an activity that the two of you enjoy together or she especially loves like watching a movie, playing a game, star gazing, etc.

She sound like a lucky lady. I hope the evening goes well!
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My husband just did this last night for my bday! He made Greek food and made the place look beautiful (with strung up lights outside and new pillows for the outdoor seating. We cracked open a bottle of wine we bought in Greece to save for a special occasion, and then champagne, and fruit tart for dessert. It was so fantastic. Really, it's the thought and care that mean so much. I think your lady will feel so special!
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Just wanted to provide an update, the night was perfect!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yay! ♥
  • brrrimcold1984
    brrrimcold1984 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Music, maybe not just candles..something pintrest quirky ...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this ! thanks for updating us as well
  • mer1cose
    Options
    So now I am back to the debate... mani / pedi or facial? We are going away for an overnight next week and I want to surprise her with one of these... she's never had a facial and hasn't had a mani/pedi in 15 years... would get both but time won't allow... HELP?
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Music, maybe not just candles..something pintrest quirky ...

LOVE Pinterest quirky!!! So would she... but I'm not well versed in Pinterest... any suggestions?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised that this wasn't the typical "ladies only" thread....what a sweetie you are!
    As for the mani/pedi, I personally prefer a pedi. Much more relaxing.
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    mer1cose wrote: »
    So now I am back to the debate... mani / pedi or facial? We are going away for an overnight next week and I want to surprise her with one of these... she's never had a facial and hasn't had a mani/pedi in 15 years... would get both but time won't allow... HELP?

I'd take a mani/pedi over a facial. The results last longer, and I feel like I can do a facial at home easily with a good face scrub and a face mask cream.
  • mer1cose
    Options
    I am pleasantly surprised that this wasn't the typical "ladies only" thread....what a sweetie you are!
    As for the mani/pedi, I personally prefer a pedi. Much more relaxing.

Thank you! I don't know about being sweet, I just know how hard she works and am trying to give her a little bit of pampering...
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »

I'd take a mani/pedi over a facial. The results last longer, and I feel like I can do a facial at home easily with a good face scrub and a face mask cream.

Really good point! Thank you for taking the time :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LOL I'd just be thrilled that my husband actually cooked for once.
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    LOL I'd just be thrilled that my husband actually cooked for once.

I LOVE to cook but she doesn't do well with letting anyone do anything for her.... I have to be sneaky :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I think that you had better ask her if you can.

Lots of people don't like their feet/toes messed with too much, for all kinds of reasons. I know that I never have professional pedis because I am a dancer and have lost toenails in the past ...the ones that grew back are a bit tenuous. Facials are great but can lead to redness/irritation for a couple of days afterwards, so the timing has the be right if you have an event coming up or are on a trip.

If you can't ask, go with a mani only--the gel/shellac ones are great because they last for a while.