Question for the Ladies (Serious Replies Please)

Options

Replies

• mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mer1cose wrote: »
    So now I am back to the debate... mani / pedi or facial? We are going away for an overnight next week and I want to surprise her with one of these... she's never had a facial and hasn't had a mani/pedi in 15 years... would get both but time won't allow... HELP?

I think that you had better ask her if you can.

Lot's of people don't like their feet/toes messed with too much, for all kinds of reason. I know that I never have professional pedis because I am a dancer and have lost toenails in the past ...the ones that grew back are a bit tenuous. Facials are great but can lead to redness/irritation for a couple of days afterwards, so the timing has the be right if you have an event coming up or are on a trip.

If you can't ask, go with a mani only--the gel/shellac ones are great because they last for a while.

Thank you.. I've managed to ask her without her knowing what I was asking about and she doesn't mind any kind of foot / face touching.. thanks for the gel recommendation!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    So now I am back to the debate... mani / pedi or facial? We are going away for an overnight next week and I want to surprise her with one of these... she's never had a facial and hasn't had a mani/pedi in 15 years... would get both but time won't allow... HELP?

Lots of people don't like their feet/toes messed with too much, for all kinds of reasons. I know that I never have professional pedis because I am a dancer and have lost toenails in the past ...the ones that grew back are a bit tenuous. Facials are great but can lead to redness/irritation for a couple of days afterwards, so the timing has the be right if you have an event coming up or are on a trip.

If you can't ask, go with a mani only--the gel/shellac ones are great because they last for a while.

This is all just about what I was going to say. I never get pedis because I am too afraid of catching something there. I have never had a mani, but that seems harmless enough at a good place. Facial is something I would like most, but only at a very good place that can understand my skin conditions that make my skin ultra sensitive and have stuff that can help and not make it worse. So, ultimately I think the best and safest option for me would be to schedule a massage for my neck and shoulders. But, I can't lie on my stomach. Lol. But, that's good that she likes all of that stuff!
  • mer1cose
    Options

Lots of people don't like their feet/toes messed with too much, for all kinds of reasons. I know that I never have professional pedis because I am a dancer and have lost toenails in the past ...the ones that grew back are a bit tenuous. Facials are great but can lead to redness/irritation for a couple of days afterwards, so the timing has the be right if you have an event coming up or are on a trip.

This is all just about what I was going to say. I never get pedis because I am too afraid of catching something there. I have never had a mani, but that seems harmless enough at a good place. Facial is something I would like most, but only at a very good place that can understand my skin conditions that make my skin ultra sensitive and have stuff that can help and not make it worse. So, ultimately I think the best and safest option for me would be to schedule a massage for my neck and shoulders. But, I can't lie on my stomach. Lol. But, that's good that she likes all of that stuff!

Thank you for taking the time to share this. It's really helpful :o)
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Ok so... new question... what could I bring to surprise her with once we get to the hotel? Clothing that I'd like her to wear (like a new dress)?
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hmm, clothing might be tricky since a lot of clothes even in the same size fit differently so I would be afraid it not fit right if not tried on before. Does she wear a specific perfume? New earrings or some small jewelry might be less risky?
  • mer1cose
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would love to get jewelry but that's tough too isn't it?? I gave her perfume for her birthday last month...
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Clothing can definitely be challenging. Small jewelry in colors that go with what she usually wears or in a color that goes with her eye color. Watch to see if she prefers a gold color or a silver color. Sometimes this can depend on hair color as well. A necklace. Earings if she wears them. Maybe.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I had to make a mad dash 8 hours away to go see my grandmother before she passed away. I left my husband with the three kids for 4 days.
    I returned to a sparkling clean house, all the washing had been washed, folded and put away - where the clothes live!!!
    He'd prepared my favourite dinner. With a list of ingredients and their weight both raw and cooked. Packets were rinsed out and left for me to scan.
    The kids even made me special welcome home mummy signs.

I got home and burst into tears.

My husband works away so when he gets home he usually sits around on his ar$e working really hard on making a bum dint in the couch lol.

I couldn't be any more grateful to him. He got extra special thanks after bedtime
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Clothing can definitely be challenging. Small jewelry in colors that go with what she usually wears or in a color that goes with her eye color. Watch to see if she prefers a gold color or a silver color. Sometimes this can depend on hair color as well. A necklace. Earings if she wears them. Maybe.

Thank you! She definitely prefers silver to gold but her taste is all over the map... she does seem to only like small earrings though... she has light hair, light eyes and fair skin...
  • mer1cose
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I had to make a mad dash 8 hours away to go see my grandmother before she passed away. I left my husband with the three kids for 4 days.
    I returned to a sparkling clean house, all the washing had been washed, folded and put away - where the clothes live!!!
    He'd prepared my favourite dinner. With a list of ingredients and their weight both raw and cooked. Packets were rinsed out and left for me to scan.
    The kids even made me special welcome home mummy signs.

I got home and burst into tears.

My husband works away so when he gets home he usually sits around on his ar$e working really hard on making a bum dint in the couch lol.

I couldn't be any more grateful to him. He got extra special thanks after bedtime

That is awesome!
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    cfritch26 wrote: »
    For my mine and my husband's first anniversary I came home from work and he had laid out my favorite dress and was in the suit he wore at our rehearsal dinner. He set the table like it was a fancy restaurant...flowers, candles, a tablecloth...and had our song playing. He's not the most skilled cook so he got takeout from our favorite restaurant. It made it so special that he took a simple meal at home and turned our dining room into a 5 star restaurant, and we dressed up just to eat take out! It was simple, inexpensive, and the most wonderful anniversary I could imagine.

omahgaaaaad my heart

• mer1cose
    Options
    chalaivy wrote: »
    For my mine and my husband's first anniversary I came home from work and he had laid out my favorite dress and was in the suit he wore at our rehearsal dinner. He set the table like it was a fancy restaurant...flowers, candles, a tablecloth...and had our song playing. He's not the most skilled cook so he got takeout from our favorite restaurant. It made it so special that he took a simple meal at home and turned our dining room into a 5 star restaurant, and we dressed up just to eat take out! It was simple, inexpensive, and the most wonderful anniversary I could imagine.

omahgaaaaad my heart

Such small gestures can have the largest impact... Pretty cool :)
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A healthy dinner, with a good ole unhealthy dessert, and then maybe a walk or planned workout together for the next day.
  • mer1cose
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »
    A healthy dinner, with a good ole unhealthy dessert, and then maybe a walk or planned workout together for the next day.

I have no idea where we are going... she planned it and won't tell me (and I love that) so planning dinner may be a challenge but the workout/walk is a definite! Thank you :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Thank you! She definitely prefers silver to gold but her taste is all over the map... she does seem to only like small earrings though... she has light hair, light eyes and fair skin...

I also prefer silver and small. I have green eyes. I like when someone buys me silver colored metal jewelry with green stones and says they bought it to bring out my beautiful eyes. Sounds like she has beautiful blue eyes, so similar idea, but with blue or turquoise. Sapphires are pretty.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options

That is precious!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Ok so... new question... what could I bring to surprise her with once we get to the hotel? Clothing that I'd like her to wear (like a new dress)?

I wouldn't like feeling like a man was trying to make me over, so you might want to be careful about that. I'm pretty sure that the only way that someone could buy me clothes that I would actually like would be to stalk my Pinterest page VERY carefully. :)

A little pampering and doing nice things is great, but there comes a point when you might be crossing into "trying too hard" territory.

The best things in a relationship aren't things you can buy, and nobody needs gifts and pampering all of the time. If you want things to go well, the MOST important things that you can do are to listen, pay attention and to spend time together--it doesn't have to cost money.

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Personally, I'd be super happy if a bottle of chilled champagne were waiting, or if there was lingerie wrapped up for me. My husband knows my preferences (and size!), but the lingerie especially is a very personal thing and should be ventured into cautiously.

Honestly, buying Stuff can be difficult. If you just wrote her a card saying how excited you were to spend a lovely weekend together, that would probably be plenty to make her feel cared for.
  • aduck2016
    aduck2016 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Forget dinner...I'd prefer maid service for the day...that's just me though
  • mer1cose
    Options

I wouldn't like feeling like a man was trying to make me over, so you might want to be careful about that. I'm pretty sure that the only way that someone could buy me clothes that I would actually like would be to stalk my Pinterest page VERY carefully. :)

A little pampering and doing nice things is great, but there comes a point when you might be crossing into "trying too hard" territory.

The best things in a relationship aren't things you can buy, and nobody needs gifts and pampering all of the time. If you want things to go well, the MOST important things that you can do are to listen, pay attention and to spend time together--it doesn't have to cost money.

Thanks for your comment! I guess I don't understand the 'trying too hard' comment. I don't do things to 'try' to accomplish anything.. I just like to do nice things for her. Nothing big... a note on her car when she comes out of the gym, a small gift every week to let her know I'm thinking of her (something silly..under $5)... it keeps things fun and makes us both smile so, why not :smile: