Sexercise (?)

Options
Wasn't sure where to put this one, lmao!

But is anyone else ever tempted to log sex as their exercise? I mean, especially for us woman when we are on top it'll burn a good amount of calories.

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Been asked many many times before and the answer is always no....and calories burnt it's waaaaay less than you would like.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    If you do a search here there are lots of topics on it, but the reality is - in light of the male bravado of hours of intercourse - the average intercourse session is only 10-15 of moderate activity and burns about 100 calories or so. So about 400 per hour for those sexual Olympiads...which is the same as waking 4 miles at a 15 minute/mile pace.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Now, I only lift once a day, but I think many would endeavor for three times a day "workouts" where that is concerned.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This isn't a debate. Sex doesn't burn many calories (the average duration of sex is ~5 minutes) and is accounted for in your daily activities.

ETA: This topic is done to death. You can use the search function if you would like to see what has been said in other threads.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    This isn't a debate. Sex doesn't burn many calories (the average duration of sex is ~5 minutes) and is accounted for in your daily activities.

ETA: This topic is done to death. You can use the search function if you would like to see what has been said in other threads.

Did that already. Sorry not sorry. I was bored.

• kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options

OK

5 min? You cant even do a quickie in 5 min how is that average? What data are you using for that stat?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Then post in the chit chat section. This isn't a debate.
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I dont add any exercise unless I am slightly over my cals and really its just to make me feel better about it.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options

OK

5 min? You cant even do a quickie in 5 min how is that average? What data are you using for that stat?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422843
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

If you are so bored, why don't you go burn some calories. Remember to get on top so you can burn enough for a chocolate chip cookie.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »

OK

...and now we play the waiting game.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    No
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

The average duration is five minutes?!!!! Why bother for five minutes?

OP...log it if you like, but if your numbers don't change, you'll want to change that. THere's no harm in logging any of your activity...if you have an HRM, you could do a little challenge for yourself and your mate, and test it out one nite. We did, as long as you're not only playing for FIVE minutes, you could burn a fair number. We did ;) But no one ever wants to hear that..lol (I logged it one time as "walked dog vigorously"...until one of my MFP friends busted me!) It's your diary, your weight...YOU DO YOU xo
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options

The average duration is five minutes?!!!! Why bother for five minutes?

OP...log it if you like, but if your numbers don't change, you'll want to change that. THere's no harm in logging any of your activity...if you have an HRM, you could do a little challenge for yourself and your mate, and test it out one nite. We did, as long as you're not only playing for FIVE minutes, you could burn a fair number. We did ;) But no one ever wants to hear that..lol (I logged it one time as "walked dog vigorously"...until one of my MFP friends busted me!) It's your diary, your weight...YOU DO YOU xo

I totally agree... challenge yourself for duration and intensity.. Have marathon sessions if you want.. Why not make it fun ?
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I dont add any exercise unless I am slightly over my cals and really its just to make me feel better about it.

Develop a sense of humor you *kitten*. Wow
  • boots4409
    boots4409 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have at least 35 mins of "play" (1-3 times a day)... Those calories would totally add up!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Develop a sense of humor you *kitten*. Wow

Did you quote the right person, orrrrrr???
  • soba82
    soba82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »

OK

...and now we play the waiting game.

*was honestly curious about this. well that article is certainly interesting.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No its considered part of your daily activities and doesnt burn as much as you may think
  • northwestpj
    northwestpj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It was on here before, but has since been removed