Blood group diet??

Options
Anyone tried the blood group diet? I'm group A and it says that blood group prefer being vegetarians and best suit carbohydrates, which I was shocked because I do like my pasta rice bread etc.. It also says the blood group have high stress hormones, no wonder green day on slimming world worked for me

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I read that and I'm an a also but I've done vegetarian and vegan and if you don't watch your calories it won't matter...I maintained and even gained a little on my veg diet ventures;)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of that. It sounds like a bunch of woo to me.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That diet is a bunch of bunk woo (as @kgirlhart said :smiley: ). Your astrological sign and food means absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter what you eat, just eat at a deficit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I skimmed through "Eat Right 4 Your Type" years ago but it didn't make a compelling enough case for me to try it. Check out the one star reviews on Amazon.

I love foods made from flour but since they do not satiate me I need to limit them. See http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Don't do it - this is just a gimmick so the book seller can make some money.

"Results" are based on the fact people are eating less ....... aha! calorie deficit can lead to weight loss! Who knew?....we all did.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this is a bunch of B.S. :)

You need to eat a diet that you can sustain for life.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Wow, another contender for the Nobel Prize for figuring out the obesity epidemic when nobody else could.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    More woo...
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Just like horoscopes, these sorts of diets throw out a bunch of generic ideas for each group/category hoping some will stick and apply to each reader.

If a particular diet plan makes you happy and is working, great! But most of them won't give better results than if you sat down and figured it out yourself. Most people don't feel anywhere near as restricted when it's themselves who has restricted their eating and not a book.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    What is it...is this referring to blood type? I'm A+ so what does it say about that blood type?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm O Negative...

"As someone with type O blood, you're an inherent meat eater, according to D'Adamo. You thrive best on animal protein from meat, poultry and fish. "

I was a vegan for the first 5 years of my life, and started eating dairy and eggs around age 5. I've been a lifelong vegetarian since. I have only eaten meat once in my life by accident (inside of a sauce on an enchilada) and i had the *kittens* for days.

Just wanted to throw in that lil' nugget of truth on ya
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was saying this yesterday, apparently different blood types are also prone to diseases and are made up different
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    There is no clinical evidence base for this.

Nor the hair colour diet, the shoe size diet or the favourite colour diet.

Not that this will stop people jumping in to it headfirst when they read about it on popsugar.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I looked at this page
    http://www.4yourtype.com/a-type/
    I would say there is some truth to what is said on this page (coincidence or not?)....I do best on lots of veggies, easy on the meat (but protein from other sources).

The individual recommendations of eating olive oil and soy don't currently work for me, according to the food sensitivity testing I did a few months ago, however food sensitivities are not "forever" avoidances, so perhaps this does hold true for A types generally.

True, I prefer the exercise like yoga and walking, and can struggle with cortisol, but this also may be circumstantial in my case.

There may be something to this. And there are critics and doubters regarding everything, so if you think this will be helpful to you, you should check it out for yourself!
    I think you will get the most benefit from a trial of this diet by making sure you have the basic habits of any diet in place:
    ~weigh your food and log accurately
    ~figure out your personal stats and find a deficit/macros/food choices you can stick with
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I looked at this page
    http://www.4yourtype.com/a-type/
    I would say there is some truth to what is said on this page (coincidence or not?)....I do best on lots of veggies, easy on the meat (but protein from other sources).

I looked at this page also. What would lead you to believe that there is some truth to this when he has presented no data to back up his claims? All it is is pseudoscientific nonsensical marketing for the vast supply of useless garbage he wants to sell you. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that your diet should be based on your blood type.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,106 Member
    Options
    Choosing the type of food you eat based on your blood type is like picking the type of gasoline you put in your car based on its color.
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Choosing the type of food you eat based on your blood type is like picking the type of gasoline you put in your car based on its color.

Wait what..... isn't that how it is done? Yellow cap = diesel ??