2»

Replies

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »
    I looked at this page
    http://www.4yourtype.com/a-type/
    I would say there is some truth to what is said on this page (coincidence or not?)....I do best on lots of veggies, easy on the meat (but protein from other sources).

I looked at this page also. What would lead you to believe that there is some truth to this when he has presented no data to back up his claims? All it is is pseudoscientific nonsensical marketing for the vast supply of useless garbage he wants to sell you. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that your diet should be based on your blood type.

Nope. I said there is some truth to what is said on the PAGE. I also said there are doubters and critics for everything. She'll have to research it and try it out for herself. I gave her my feedback based on the PAGE, I'm not going to accept the assignment of researching/trying it....i'll leave that to her.

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I looked at this page
    http://www.4yourtype.com/a-type/
    I would say there is some truth to what is said on this page (coincidence or not?)....I do best on lots of veggies, easy on the meat (but protein from other sources).

I looked at this page also. What would lead you to believe that there is some truth to this when he has presented no data to back up his claims? All it is is pseudoscientific nonsensical marketing for the vast supply of useless garbage he wants to sell you. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that your diet should be based on your blood type.

Nope. I said there is some truth to what is said on the PAGE. I also said there are doubters and critics for everything. She'll have to research it and try it out for herself. I gave her my feedback based on the PAGE, I'm not going to accept the assignment of researching/trying it....i'll leave that to her.

I already posted scientific debunking of the diet. No need to research.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Since science has proven that it's not what you eat, but how much, this is total bunk. Woo. BS.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Mind you, I'm still working on my Biology degree, but I'm immensely curious what makes him think that we have genotypes for supposed ideal diets and exercise regimens.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nope. I said there is some truth to what is said on the PAGE.
    Nope, there is no truth to what is said on that page. What do you think is true on that page and why?

I also said there are doubters and critics for everything.
    Not sure what this has to do with the fact that that website is complete paeudoscientific nonsense. Are your saying that we must give equal weight to quacks because they have doubters and critics? There are people who think that the earth is flat, and there are people who criticize that, does that mean we must accept that the earth is flat?
    She'll have to research it and try it out for herself.
    Why should she try something that has been shown to be nonsense?

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    There is no clinical evidence base for this.

Nor the hair colour diet, the shoe size diet or the favourite colour diet.

Not that this will stop people jumping in to it headfirst when they read about it on popsugar.

I might be interested in the hair colour diet! What does that entail for someone with pink hair?
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Mind you, I'm still working on my Biology degree, but I'm immensely curious what makes him think that we have genotypes for supposed ideal diets and exercise regimens.

I read it years ago but it has to do with the origins of the blood types. O blood originated in central Europe (I think) where meat is prevalent, so O blood types should eat a lot of meat. The premise is crap, and the cardiologists I work with will second that.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I read it years ago but it has to do with the origins of the blood types. O blood originated in central Europe (I think) where meat is prevalent, so O blood types should eat a lot of meat. The premise is crap, and the cardiologists I work with will second that.

Oh god, THAT'S his reasoning? :unamused:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Blood type diets have been very thoroughly debunked for many years.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

Not that this will stop people jumping in to it headfirst when they read about it on popsugar.

I might be interested in the hair colour diet! What does that entail for someone with pink hair?

You should eat only pink or pink related things - Strawberries, watermelon, shrimp, macaroons, icing, sprinkles, strawberry milk, wafer cookies. Like a flamingo, this will also help you keep your hair color fresh.

*May or may not contain sarcasm
    **Contains sarcasm
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

You should eat only pink or pink related things - Strawberries, watermelon, shrimp, macaroons, icing, sprinkles, strawberry milk, wafer cookies. Like a flamingo, this will also help you keep your hair color fresh.

**Contains sarcasm

I'm allergic to shellfish, are you trying to KILL ME?!?! :lol:
    Hey, I just noticed the "awesome" button. WTF, is that new?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

**Contains sarcasm

I'm allergic to shellfish, are you trying to KILL ME?!?! :lol:
    Hey, I just noticed the "awesome" button. WTF, is that new?

I am allergic to lobster....found out the hard way after eating it for years. I was in Bermuda and bang.....i ended up only being able to breathe out of one nostril. Fun times.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Nope. I said there is some truth to what is said on the PAGE.
    Nope, there is no truth to what is said on that page. What do you think is true on that page and why?

I also said there are doubters and critics for everything.
    Not sure what this has to do with the fact that that website is complete paeudoscientific nonsense. Are your saying that we must give equal weight to quacks because they have doubters and critics? There are people who think that the earth is flat, and there are people who criticize that, does that mean we must accept that the earth is flat?
    She'll have to research it and try it out for herself.
    Why should she try something that has been shown to be nonsense?

How about if you just answer the OP your way.