Every Morning I wake up on a diet and every night I end in F

Options
13»

Replies

• LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I can't so that......I can let peoples comments just roll off my shoulders I have never had any self confidence and I don't think I ever will

Check this out homegirl: You HAVE to be your own friend! Fhukk these people on this forum and any other forum where you have solicited advice. You have to start standing in the mirror and picking yourself apart like this:
    1. I like my eyes, especially when I laugh..
    2. I got these lashes from my Dad (my mom would kill to have lashes like these)
    3. I crack me up! Dude, I must be the corniest funny person I know
    4. Man, I would love to have 100 friends just like me.
    5. This is probably one of the cutest outfits I've put together all week
    6. My feet sure look hot with this pink polish, I bet purple would be even hotter

You get it? Like something - ANYTHING - about yourself. Then add to that list as often as possible. How you think and feel will change and the way you eat will too. Give yourself permission to love you. You'll be surprised at the results.

♥ LL
  • 117bysummersend
    Options
    Thanks everyone for trying to help but i"m deleting this account I may make a new one in a few months but maybe not
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    When I joined slimming world it really helped me get a grip on my relationship with food, plus being in the company of people all wanting the same goal,.hearing their stories and getting motivated made me the person I am today. The day I walked into group I was like you. Now I have gone from size 22+ to now fitting into some size 10 uk clothes
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for trying to help but i"m deleting this account I may make a new one in a few months but maybe not

What? Don't give up before you even start.
    Hang in there.
    You'll be fine.
  • scoobysnack1983
    Options
    if youre going to delete it you should at least keep a food journal and keep track of your calories and make sure you arent going over your set calories for weight loss..... if you don't then you may just end up gaining more and more... good luck
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,190 Member
    Options
    First of all, realize you can do this. It is not beyond you, but it will require that you educate, or maybe better, re-educate yourself about food. Read the books mentioned, it will help a lot. I would also suggest if something passes your lips you log it so you have a good idea of what you are eating and what it is made up of. I know when I started this I had little idea of the calories in various foods, not to mention the size of an actual serving. With that, start to measure your food don't just guess at it all the time.

Second, as for the exercising, stop being concerned what you think others will think about you going out on a walk. Fat people walk around every where and people don't notice them. I am guessing few if any people will notice you out for a walk. If they do, and you learn to eat better and start losing weight what they will notice is you are losing weight, not how fat you see yourself as now. For that matter what do you care if a bunch of people who probably are overweight and inactive think anyway? If you are out walking to deal with your weight, you are at least doing something about it. That is far more than the vast majority of people who may think about it between potato chips as they take a sip of their pop.

Thirdly, you don't need a gym. You can do all you need in your home. There are a huge number of exercise videos available for purchase, or rental including from Netflix if you have it. There are also free exercise videos at http://www.exercisetv.tv/ and http://www.bodyrock.tv/ and youtube.com

There are a lot of people who will help you here. I would suggest opening your food diary at least to your friends so they can make suggestions. Again, don't let shame stop you. We are all in the same struggle together, and the most important part is that you are trying to make the changes.
  • 117bysummersend
    Options
    Thanks but I think my food diary is one of the causes of my binges because if I didn't eat around the right amount of calories then I would feel depressed and then binge. But when I didn't keep a food diary I lost 20 pounds because i didn't know If I had too many calories.

this will be my last post
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    But how do I change my mindset? I have never really had a "healthy" relationship with food how can I just change that?

Hopefully you haven't deleted your account. There's a lot of good stuff here, and I hope you'll be around to take part in it.

As for changing your mindset, I've always found that there's a great deal of power in writing things down. It combines the mental activity with the physical (just by moving your hand), so it is a "whole-brain" activity. As a senior in high school, I'm sure you don't want "homework" over the summer, but I think you can use writing and the power of affirmations to track (and hopefully work with) your situation.

First, try to keep track of when you start to overeat and go off track. This way you can find your emotional triggers: Do you eat when you're sad? Bored? Angry? Happy? Once you figure that out, you can look for alternate ways of handling the emotions, because you can't solve an emotional problem with food.

Second, you said you never had a healthy relationship with food. Ask yourself, what is your relationship with food? Try and sum up the important points in one phrase or sentence. Then create an affirmation, with positive wording, to overpower that sentence. For instance, let's say you come up with "Food is the best thing in my life." Your affirmation should then be something like, "My life is full and happy, and food is just a small part of it." Then you get a small notebook (the spiral-bound ones at the dollar store are fine) and EVERY DAY for 30 days, you write your affirmation in it 21 times. This will create a new subconscious way of thinking, in essence reprogramming your brain.

It's not a quick fix, I know, but I have seen it work, in my life and with others.

Good luck!
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    First of all, You need to dig within yourself and ask if losing the weight is worth the effort! Its not easy to take off what was VERY easy to put on!
    Ask yourself, "Am I trying to use food to make myself feel better? (like a drink or smoke ect.) For me that is what I was doing, and then of course when I did bad I wanted to turn to food again!
    I want to break down what food is meant for (I had to formyself!) It is fuel for your body, pure and simple. We need it to function, but what is bad is that today we use WAY too much fuel! For example most serving sizes that say Americans eat would be like putting the amount of gas needed to run a Hummer into a Prius! WAY to much, so the body takes that food and stores it as fat, like a bear bulking up for hybernation! Which in turn your stomach then begins to enlarge! Its a vicious cycle that can ONLY be broken with determination!!
    I hope that all these encouraging people on here have shown you just what it means to lose weight, With help from those who are going, or have gone through what you are going through!
    Good Luck with your LIFESTYLE change!
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    well, your profile says your 18.... So you attend school or have a job?? Do you have a gym membership???

I'm going to be a senior in high school this fall and right now my car is being fixed so I can't really go any where and I do not have a job so I can't pay for a gym membership...

I dont have a gym membership and two kids at home with me all day, My best form is Workout videos! You can even rent them for free from the library! hope this helps!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luckysoccerxo
    Options
    OH MY GOSH I SWARE I DO THE SAME EXACT THING! If i had to word it i would have worded what u said almost as exactly as u did and i ended up gaining 7 pounds! im still stuck but i really dont know what to do either! ... and the ****ed up part is that im probably not as old as u think i am! im probably the youngest person on this site! but anyways its so humiliating being the fat girl in my grade it sucks truthfully..so do u havbe any suggestions on loosing weight?!?!?!
  • Fatcatsmom
    Fatcatsmom Posts: 21
    Options
    I would often wake up on a diet and fail by that night too, I don't know how many times. This time seems to be diiferent. I found MFP while searching apps on my BlackBerry and thought I can do that. But. I didn't wait for the next day to start- I decided to start that minute just to input all the food I ate for the next few days. After 2 days I couldn't believe how many calories and crap I was eating and thought "I can do better" . So my next decision was to eat the amount of calories MFP had set for me. It didn't take long to find out that a lot of healthy stuff fills me up just as well as junk does but. with less calories, so I can eat wellall day not just 1 meal.
    So I didn't try to change my mind set, I changed my behavior first - only 2, to use the food diary faithfully and stay in my calorie allowance- but my mind seems to be following. I know it will be a long journey because I have a lot of weight to lose(100 pounds) and this is only the begining, but in the last 4 1/2 weeks I haven't had a burger(only veggie), fries, pizza or chips (and I can easily put away a huge bag of those suckers every evening. Also I've only had 2 bites of chocolate in that time. I had been eating 2 sometimes 3 bars a day! I've also cut down on diet soda yore a bit. The surprising thing is I have'nt found it super difficult or stressful most of the time,and when I start to feel like that I take a look at the sucess stories and pictures on MFP- they keep me going. Now I'm working on exercise and walking more. It seems every healthy change makes me WANT to do a little more. I have never stuck to a "diet" for a month, but a lifestyle change even if done slowly can be for good. Read the posts on different topics here, they're great-ISO that now instead of eating potato chips,its addicting but more healthy.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the problem might be that you are "on a diet". A lifestyle change is all that will really change your size for good.:wink:

I was just going to say this!

Diets are restrictive and short term. What you want is to change your entire lifestyle. You didn't gain the weight in a month... why are you trying to lose it in a month. Take a moment to put how important YOU are in this situation in perspective.

^^ that, and then find out how.

Log everything every day, good or bad. Add a snack between each meal in the diary. Now look at the trends. You can see trends in the report section of MFP for exercise, calories, and how much over. You don't have to go cold turkey and fail. Every day is a fine tuning of what is working, and what is not. Celebrate all the ways you did BETTER, not bemoan how you failed. Did you try a new vegetable? Did you buy a new pair of flip flops instead of gobble a burger when you weren't hungry but sad? Did you have a portion size instead of a mega-portion? Get small plates and bowls and start trying to only get one portion as dictated on the packages at a time. So that you have to make an effort to go back and get more. Eat slowly and notice what and when you are eating. Don't mindlessly eat.

Carbs, refined sugars, processed foods make me hungry! When I eat enough lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables, I feel fuller longer. Go shopping and spend a long time there looking for lables to compare and get the least sugar, least sodium, highest fiber and protein product without lots of chemicals and what-not.

Divide your diary into snacks and meals. Take that number of food times, take your total calories per day and divide so you know about how much per meal/snack you ought to have. If you go over on one you know about how much, and another meal needs to be smaller calories (that doesn't mean less food, just lower calorie food). Drink that water!! It really honestly does help!

Have you measured yourself? Because if you haven't do it right now! Put it all in the database in the "check in" section. I have extras like thigh, upper arm, calves. Because when the scale refuses to move I do lose inches.

This is healthy eating. Healthy lifestyle. A process, not a win or lose. It will take time. It's taken me a year to lose 47lbs, but I changed my life in one year. I dialed back the years at least by 10. It is worth it. Every single day you do it, even if it didn't work out that day, is worth it.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    well, your profile says your 18.... So you attend school or have a job?? Do you have a gym membership???

I'm going to be a senior in high school this fall and right now my car is being fixed so I can't really go any where and I do not have a job so I can't pay for a gym membership...

I don't have a gym membership. I walk, I garden, I mow the lawn, bike, I want to start swimming (I used to love that). You can do active things with or without friends. My daughter likes to jog and hike. You don't have to do crazy intense stuff. It's more what food and how much you pick than exercise. But exercise does help overall. Find something you like and you can do.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Make gradual changes and take it slow. You will stick with it if you take it slow.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the problem might be that you are "on a diet". A lifestyle change is all that will really change your size for good.:wink:

^^^^THIS!!!!

Just to chime in. A lifestyle change means adjusting your eating habits in a way that you can successfully maintain for the rest of your life. A diet is temporary. Don;t go for crazy restrictions, go for realistic adjustments. Also everything in moderation is an excuse in my book. There may be things we need to do to get to and maintain a healthy weight. We need to be mature enough to accept that. I look at certain foods as if I am allergic to them. Now just because I like shrimp and I don't want to be "deprived" doesn't mean I pout and eat them anyway. It's silly because I will get sick and can possibly die. Too much fat and sugar will kill me just as surely as those shrimp. I accept that and instead appreciate the other foods I like and enjoy because my health is worth it. No is not a bad word.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    (((((Hugs))))))

We've ALL been where you are! Listen to these guys, they know what's up. And if you need us, we're here for you!

+1 to that comment from me as well.
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had that exact problem for sooooo long! By the end of the day I'm tired, sometimes frustrated and I to make myself feel better by eating obsessively (rarely because I'm hungry). Then not only do I feel bad physically but also I'm so discouraged with myself. Here is what is working for me right now. I'm eating healthy thru the day - recording everything I put into my mouth. I take small snacks with me when I'm going to b out and about so that I don't allow myself to get hungry and pull into a fast food place or stop and grab a couple of candy bars! Then ihave my evening treat PLANNED
    and I wait as long as I can before partaking of it so I don't go looking for something else afterwards. WHAT IS MY REWARD at the end of the day for a job well done? ....... anything I want . If it's that candy bar i love or that piece of pie ,,,,, I am happy; I don't feel deprived and when I total that into my daily intake i have been finding it really doesnt add a horrific amount to my daily intake afterall It's when you start early and keep eating that you go so far over you don't even want to tabulate . Also I have found I feel better about myself even if that candy bar or piece of cake and glass of milk puts me a little bit over my allowed Dailey calories.
    When I wake up the next day....just like you, I'm ready to go again!
    I hope this makes sense and I hope it will work for you.