Ladies that lift?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm looking for lifting lady friends mainly for motivation and accountability.

Feel free to add me :) Thanks.

Replies

• Valpinglow
    Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will add you. I started lifting in September but had to take it easy up top due to a shoulder injury that is finally starting to resolve. I love the body changes that I am feeling and seeing.

I too would also like some lifting lady friends...especially those who are also trying to lose fat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I lift. Currently cutting after a bulk and feeling a bit frustrated.
  • sarahdanc3r
    sarahdanc3r Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, just joined the lifting scene and absolutely love it! However I lack knowledge! I'm a professional dancer so I am a cardiovascular queen, but lack definition. Help!
  • dzenana_avdagic
    dzenana_avdagic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I just started lifting in order to build butt and loose some arm fat.
    But I really dont know much about all of that. Could you give me some advice or something? Haha
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    Hello, beauties! I've been doing CrossFit for just over a year now, and I absolutely love it!
    I just signed up with MFP, so I'm new and would love some friends for accountability and motivation!
  • MusclenMascara
    MusclenMascara Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, I think I have you all added now :)
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!! I've been active and fit my whole life. But stepped away from fitness for the past 18 months while I focused on a business start up. I miss my old life of daily exercise (pylo, weights, circuit) and hate that I've gained 25 pounds of fat. I'd love to be added and am committed to living again.
  • skittlebitz
    skittlebitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    But I really dont know much about all of that. Could you give me some advice or something? Haha

Try the strong curves program (there's a pdf online) or you can buy the book. He's the glute king, seriously knows how to build a booty thats for sure! On my 4th week of the program and I'm loving it so far. I love that I only have to go to the gym 3 days a week, it works so well with my insane schedule!
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Try the strong curves program (there's a pdf online) or you can buy the book. He's the glute king, seriously knows how to build a booty thats for sure! On my 4th week of the program and I'm loving it so far. I love that I only have to go to the gym 3 days a week, it works so well with my insane schedule!

I should mention this to my wife. She always makes her schedule an excuse not to work out
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the strong curves program. Loving it! I can't believe how effective weight lifting is and why I never did it before. I went from a 29 " waist to a 27" waist in just a few short months. My butt perkier too. I'm going to join a gym soon so I have access to a bar and more equipment and more weight. I loooooove it
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    After losing 60 lbs a few years ago, I gained about 50 back and then started lifting (fell in love). Over the next two years I gained another 30 lbs (accidental bulk? haha). Now I've been working on cutting. I'm finally back down to my pre-lifting weight, but I put on quite a bit of muscle. Can't wait to start getting leaner so I can really see what I've built!
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    I lift almost everyday. It has changed my life and my body. Would love some like minded friends! Add me!
  • arditarose
    Options

Pretty much any heavy lifting program with a progressive overload will suffice. Eat at a deficit to lose the fat, strength train to save muscle so you have a more defined look toward goal weight and a better body fat percentage. "Building" your butt, in terms of gaining muscle there, happens more in maintenance or surplus but you can definitely help it look better by lifting in a deficit.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I lift. Currently cutting after a bulk and feeling a bit frustrated.

Hang in there. You'll get back into it again in no time. I've felt like this before as well.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I competed last november and again last month. Im currently building to compete again in the Fall. Going for Figure class. Excited!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I competed last november and again last month. Im currently building to compete again in the Fall. Going for Figure class. Excited!

Figure, nice!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Figure, nice!

ya, i really gotta grow a butt, so I am working on that the most between now and then. why is it the hardest place to make nice?? LOL
  • arditarose
    Options

Figure, nice!

ya, i really gotta grow a butt, so I am working on that the most between now and then. why is it the hardest place to make nice?? LOL

Oh my god I don't know. I took my butt from 44 inches down to 37 when I was fat. Then I bulked and gained back up to 40. I thought wow, I'm building the butt of my dreams, after this cut it'll be great. lol. 3 weeks in a deficit and it looks worse.
  • becone40
    becone40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started lifting last year. I don't know how I ever made it before!!! The difference it's made in my body and over all health is amazing!!
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I want to learn the ins and outs!