can't cut the pop

Options
13»

Replies

• dr4jesuskc
    dr4jesuskc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are better because there are no calories. Some people have problems with the high sodium content. I like either one the same.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    phd051809s.gif

As a researcher, LOVE IT!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    driley7652 wrote: »
    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are better because there are no calories. Some people have problems with the high sodium content. I like either one the same.

They don't have high sodium. At all.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So many facts in this thread...
  • Leoess
    Leoess Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Regular, full-sugar soda for me. Cans are about 140-150cal, 20oz bottles like 260cal, so it's relatively easy for me to fit soda into my calories. I typically stick to cans or smaller bottles simply because I couldn't consume all that sugar at once.

Something else that I've been doing lately is, at restaurants where I have access to the fountain, mixing club soda and some other non-carbonated drink (lemonade, punch, Vitamin Water, etc.). It's really good, and I end up using less flavored drink altogether because at least half my cup is club soda. c:
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have resigned that I will never kick Coke completely and why should I? A couple years ago it was a once a day habit, then it became a few times a week, and now its a special treat.

I drink full Coke, and not the US stuff... sorry but that fake sugar is gross. Mexican coke is made with real sugar and its the taste I prefer.

I maybe have 1 per month now, usually with some indulgent food truck meal.

I think with all things, you have to find ways to not consume as much, not to cut them out entirely.
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Corelation doesn't equal causation. This study is observational. It used a once a year food frequency questionaire, which are notoriously inaccurate. I can't remember what I ate last week let alone for an entire year. Also, the subjects were older women. Can't extroploate that to the rest of society
    And this is the Harvard study showing its ok in small amounts but overall can cause weight gain,

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks/artificial-sweeteners/
    And this meta-analysis from a few months ago says it doesn't cause weight gain
    http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v40/n3/full/ijo2015177a.html
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    There isn't a better. Just drink what you like and fit it in your calories - I drink a 22oz of Diet Coke every day.

Putting Dark Rum in it is even better...LOL
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have always loved pop and have been able to get it down to drinking one can a day but that's the best I can do right now. So, my question is what is better:
    Coke
    Coke Zero
    Diet Coke

None of the above for me. I haven't had soda in years. It's yucky to me. Coke is way too sweet, diet coke tastes way too fake and I can only imagine what coke zero tastes like. If I want fizz I go for seltzer and since I'm not a sweet drink fan it works perfect.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like Diet Coke but only on the weekends. I stick to LaCroix during the week since the caffeine in a Coke messes with my sleep too much. It's not sweetened but it's carbonated so it kind of tricks my brain a little into thinking I'm having a Coke.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke :) the taste of the others doesn't appeal to me. But, when I do drink a regular soda, I reach for a Pepsi before a Coke!
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    driley7652 wrote: »

High sodium content? Diet coke has about 35 milligrams of sodium. Milk has 3 times that. When you can have 2300 mg of sodium a day, 35 mg is a drop in the bucket.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I drink one full sugar 12 oz Dr. Pepper every day. It's heaven.

I can't do artificial sweeteners. They taste like chemicals to me.