What's your best little tip that has helped you?

Options

Replies

• Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love all of these!! I eat 2 hard boiled eggs on my commute home to minimize my hunger before dinner

I'm drinking 10 glasses of water daily. I have a 24 oz coffee cup and I refill it three times at work. Sipping all day long
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When it comes to your body, feelings and emotions can take over. I've found that limiting those feelings and thinking logically about my successes and my failures has helped me tremendously. Don't get sucked in by your own emotions and most importantly by other people's emotional rhetoric. Your body is a machine that has to be cared for daily and the way to care for it is through your standard good food, physical activity and positive/realistic thinking.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When grocery shopping, I buy my produce last. It helps me refocus on making better food choices and reconsider some of the junk that found it's way into my cart. I usually end up unloading some unhealthy treat and then I make a bee line for the register.
  • emstewart95
    emstewart95 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink the juice of half a lemon with a pint of hot water before I eat anything everyday
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I'm at my desk at work craving a sweet treat I derail it with four or five red hot candies. It really helps me get that punch of flavor I'm craving while making minimal inroads into my remaining calories for the day. This usually happens to me around mid afternoon.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Two 8 oz. glasses of water about 20 - 30 minutes before I eat.
    Weigh/measure and log everything!!
    I allow myself a cheat day only if I lose weight. When I was here before, this motivated me more than anything else, and it worked too until I stopped weighing/measuring and logging.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    rickyll wrote: »
    When it comes to your body, feelings and emotions can take over. I've found that limiting those feelings and thinking logically about my successes and my failures has helped me tremendously. Don't get sucked in by your own emotions and most importantly by other people's emotional rhetoric. Your body is a machine that has to be cared for daily and the way to care for it is through your standard good food, physical activity and positive/realistic thinking.

Wow well said! Thanks

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I never miss a Monday workout, even if I only do a small workout, I never miss a Monday. I always think the week is more positive when I start it well.

Love the film idea, I think I'll be adopting that one and hopefully burning lots and lots of calories at the gym!

Love this thread :)

Just done this! Was telling TV myself this morning I could have the day off,7 am workout done and now it would be a shame to waste that effort! Love thus thread too, and needing it today!

• Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I decide on Sunday what days I am going to the gym and what I am going to do. It depends on my work schedule, I try to average 4 x a week, but some weeks I can only do 3 but some weeks I will do 6.

Then I treat those gym mornings like important meetings - there's not getting out of it, I *have* to be there, it's non-negotiable or there will be words had (with myself...the guilt that sets in if I dont go is like an angry boss chipping away at me!)
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    On my most successful days I try to eat half my breakfast at home, then pack the rest of my breakfast, lunch, and a snack for work. Eating more often has helped me.

Also, related, if I REALLY just want something to eat, I give myself TOTAL PERMISSION to eat something... in an hour. By then then urge has passed, usually, or by then I'm close to my next meal so I can hold out. Something about not telling myself NO... that has been a thing.

I struggled the first few weeks but doing this ^^^was the key for me setting times to eat and eating at a table helped my brain recognize hey "you have eaten" or "you eat in 45 mins" now it's second nature and easy.
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If I go to a restaurant I will pick at my food even after I am full, so I will put a dirty napkin on top of my plate to keep myself from snacking.
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    [quote="ajfuelling;36089212"

Also, related, if I REALLY just want something to eat, I give myself TOTAL PERMISSION to eat something... in an hour. By then then urge has passed, usually, or by then I'm close to my next meal so I can hold out. Something about not telling myself NO... that has been a thing.[/quote]

This is really good advice!! I'm gonna try it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all food that I eat. Never guess at how much you are eating because it's always going to be more than you think. ;)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Finding exercise that I enjoy doing so I stick with it. I've been working out at home since June and rarely take rest days anymore.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When I feel low on willpower I post progress pics. The nice compliments from my friends are encouraging to keep up the grind! When I am out of calories but still feel the need for dessert, I eat sugar free jello. I weigh and measure everything I eat. I don't restrict ANY foods. Just use moderation. And if I feel the need to cheat, I will make myself eat my planned meal/snack first. Usually by the time that's done, I'm full and not craving a run to the vending machine.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Always reminding myself on a daily basis that my success and achievements will serve as inspiration to my husband and children, to never give up in anything in life.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I really have 2 - Weigh food so you know exactly what you're putting in your chew hole, and not to beat myself up if I have a day I go over.
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SkinnyPop --at 39 calories a cup, it's such a satisfying salty snack

Calbee snappea chips --another great snack when I want something crunchy.

Simply Protein chips--high in protein --lots of crunch.

Tradition organic fudgsicles from Costco. These have so much flavour and are only 90 calories. I have one after dinner most nights.

Quest brownie bars ( warmed up for approx 20 seconds in the microwave) I have half or a whole one around 2 pm at work so I'm not ravenous before dinner. High fiber and high protein but tastes so good that treats in the office no longer tempt me. I always keep some in the office and a few in my purse.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!