why have i stopped loosing?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah i see what your saying i use the calories because i read tje.labels on my food so i know the bread i am eating is 100 calories per slice. As for the baked.potatoes it tells me how many calories is in the potatoe on the packet aswell but i agree the tuna mayo coleslaw etc is.probs way more than i have logged.

If you look at the label on the potato package, it will have a gram measurement that corresponds to how many calories. The potato you eat could weigh a lot more than that.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yeah i see what your saying i use the calories because i read tje.labels on my food so i know the bread i am eating is 100 calories per slice. As for the baked.potatoes it tells me how many calories is in the potatoe on the packet aswell but i agree the tuna mayo coleslaw etc is.probs way more than i have logged.

In a perfect world your bread would be 100 calories a slice. Just because the bag says so doesn't make it so. The governmental agency regulating food allows for a 25% difference in weight. So if you weigh a few slices of that bread don't be surprised when it weighs more than the (g) listed as a true serving.
  • donnarooney663
    donnarooney663 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ok i think 1st thing i need is a pair of scales hope thia makes a gd diff thanks vwry much for all your helps
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    They'll truly help. Good luck!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

But unless you're weighing the bread, you can't know if it weighs more or less than the "average" piece of bread that was used to make that statement on the package. A slice can weigh more or less than the package says and that will change the calories it has. Potatoes also will have different weights.
  • MalaikaInJapan
    MalaikaInJapan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your life. In the first few weeks we just lose water weight, which is good, but losing weight is more about losing fat than losing water. Pretend like you have a big event coming up in 6 weeks. Be your own nutritionist. Measure everything. Read packages. Log everything. Challenge yourself to work out a little bit harder and maybe increase your caloric intake by 100 calories or so. If you body is in starvation mode you will definitely not lose weight, in fact, your body could become resistant to losing fat and you could begin to feel terrible. When I revamped my diet and started only eating protein and vegetables for dinner (and then later for lunch and dinner) I started losing weight and making progress. Cut out sugar. Give it 2 weeks or so. No sugar. No baked goods. I promise you'll start losing again.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your life. In the first few weeks we just lose water weight, which is good, but losing weight is more about losing fat than losing water. Pretend like you have a big event coming up in 6 weeks. Be your own nutritionist. Measure everything. Read packages. Log everything. Challenge yourself to work out a little bit harder and maybe increase your caloric intake by 100 calories or so. If you body is in starvation mode you will definitely not lose weight, in fact, your body could become resistant to losing fat and you could begin to feel terrible. When I revamped my diet and started only eating protein and vegetables for dinner (and then later for lunch and dinner) I started losing weight and making progress. Cut out sugar. Give it 2 weeks or so. No sugar. No baked goods. I promise you'll start losing again.

I can't believe people repeatedly say this everyday on this forum. The longer I read this forum, the more I realize most people have no clue about weight loss or good nutrition.
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @gebeziseva Great video!
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Love this video thank u just wjat i needed.to see. Also great posts and advice.from everyone ive thought i was doin it rigjt but now think theres alot i have not tracked hence no weightloss. So ive used my calories dor today but aoo hungry lol
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Love this video thank u just wjat i needed.to see. Also great posts and advice.from everyone ive thought i was doin it rigjt but now think theres alot i have not tracked hence no weightloss. So ive used my calories dor today but aoo hungry lol

You're welcome.
    Eat a lot of salad with meals. This will get you fuller :)
  • donnarooney663
    Options
    Thanks so much:)