Alcohol

2»

Replies

• texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    I created a separate category for Alcohol so I can keep up with the total alcohol calories outside of food. I did this because alcohol is the only thing I drink that is not calorie-free so I thought it would be interesting to track. Typically I drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine on weekend nights and once I started logging the portions accurately I was shocked at how easy it is for the calories to add up by over-pouring. Usually the only days that I overshoot my goal are days that I drink alcohol and having a separate category reminds me to not cut back on the nutritious calories to fit the alcohol in, but to exercise a little harder to justify the splurge. Now I measure the wine pour for accuracy and only have a beer if I have really done a marathon yard work session--sunsets are for enjoying after all!
  • DonaldCriola
    DonaldCriola Posts: 19 Member
    For those of you that have had weight loss/ fitness success.. Did you have to stop drinking completely??

A glass of red wine is best for u
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    I gave it up for almost 3 months and the weight just came off me. Now mind you, I was working out to fill in my usual "Wine O' Clock" time so I would be at the gym for like 2 hours a day which probably had a lot to do with it. I started drinking again and my weight started to stall more then I wanted it too so it is back off the alcohol for me :)
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    I drink sporadically, sometimes 3 times in a week or twice a month, depends on what's going on. (Baseball season has started so I foresee once a week being the norm, hehe.) Ill also occasionally have a glass of wine but I try to stick to red now if I can or a dry white. But yeah, all about being able to log it and fit it in.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    I went out with friends last night and fell off the wagon a bit. Over did the carbs a touch when we went into one of my favourite pubs - a real ale drinkers heaven! I had two pints of moderately strong ale and I felt like I'd had 6 pints.
    I'm a cheap date if anything!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    I've cut back significantly on M-F drinking. I used to have a few beers or glasses of wine a night after work. For me liquid calories were the first calories that needed to be cut from my diet. Once I cut those out the weight came off faster. I tend to look at alcohol as more of a treat now and I enjoy it more as well. Just keep within your calories!