What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• dmhigdon
    dmhigdon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Grilled Avocado filled with Pico de gallo and cotija cheese

ohehdsxohbwf.jpg
  • rdstrickland7
    rdstrickland7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    crazyravr - Are you a chef? Your meals look so appetizing and like they require a lot of planning (need all ingredients) as well as time. AND you work? I'm amazed! KUDOS to you! B) I've only been using MFP for 3 weeks and am learning a lot about some substitutions for various foods. I have lost 8 pounds, which is very encouraging and this is the first "program" I really think I can do forever. However, I don't enjoy cooking! :( But I have made my meals at home and tried some substitutions, which has helped. It would wear me out to prepare meals like yours. If I had the money I'd hire a private chef!! LOL!
  • tashap74
    tashap74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tashap74 wrote: »
    Tonight's dinner - Chicken and lentil curry with sweet potatoes, green beans, cauliflower and spinach. prxqlgwbkgjx.jpeg

Have a recipe for that? I'm craving lentils today, but I have a head of cauliflower that needs to be used before it goes black. I would replace sweet potatoes with regular potatoes, but other than that this sounds like something I could enjoy.

It is based on this recipe - http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Slow-Cooker-Vegan-Chickpea-Curry-34162942 I say loosely as the base is there, but I used lentils instead of chick peas because that is what I had and added chicken for additional protein. I included green beans because I had a few to use up. I also made it on the stove top and not in a slow cooker.
  • amazonqueen29
    amazonqueen29 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mock Coconut Pie, chicken stuffed avocado and cheese rrmmx1vg4n9n.jpeg
    94w2ew0hhs3v.jpeg
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wegmans special Italian salad

v9zo0kv99qh7.jpeg
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We should start a "My meal is as good as Crazyravr's meal" challenge. To enter the challenge is very simple, you prepare a good balanced meal, take good quality pics that are as close to Crazyravr's meal pics and post it! :-)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    We should start a "My meal is as good as Crazyravr's meal" challenge. To enter the challenge is very simple, you prepare a good balanced meal, take good quality pics that are as close to Crazyravr's meal pics and post it! :-)

Crazyravr, I think you have turned into the new Acg67 ^_- LOL I think his meals look great but would not fit into my life style, so I would skip the challenge. Honestly, it is not his food it self that is all that spectacular, it is his presentation skills, photography, and cooking skills. He takes really good pictures of the whole meal and the plated version, making sure to keep the plates clean and tidy with really nice dishes and planks used.
    In no way am I down playing his food, but presentation goes such a long way in how food is perceived. It is something I know I need to work on too, after I get balance of meals down, but I like my kiddy plates, instead of grown-up ones. Meh, what a woman to do ^_^ Might try to make my meal look pretty tonight, for the fun of it and use a good camera too!!
    I like everyone's meals, shows the variety of meals people can make and they gives me ideas of new meals to try out! Keep the post coming.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Soooooooo stop?
    And why would my meals not fit into your lifestyle? Cause if you think they take a lot of time to prep and cook.... you could not be more wrong lol :) And for sure if I had to try and do stuff like cauliflower pizza crusts etc. I would have give this up long time ago lol.

Ooohhhh nononono, you don't stop, ever!! Hahaha I live for your pictures! Hehe
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    mollydubs wrote: »
    8298382350_117ec0c012.jpg
    Homemade Luna Bars! and Balls!

RECIPE: http://quicheaweek.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/homemade-luna-bars-feeding-an-addiction/

8298381166_4280a8913d.jpg
    per ball: 47 calories || 6g carbs || 1g fat || 3g protein || 3g sugar || 1g fiber

8297332105_8906b51057.jpg
    per 30g bar: 131 calories || 17g carbs || 3g fat || 10g protein || 7g sugar || 1g fiber

8298381712_1625aa4a35.jpg
    per 45g bar: 196 calories || 25g carbs || 4g fat || 15g protein || 11g sugar || 2g fiber

Ohhhh yum.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    20160412_194525.jpg
    Chicken breast with rotel tomatoes, and peas with grated parmesan. Not pictured: The rest of the cauliflower I had on hand, I ate it :lol:
  • HanamiDango
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Soooooooo stop?
    And why would my meals not fit into your lifestyle? Cause if you think they take a lot of time to prep and cook.... you could not be more wrong lol :) And for sure if I had to try and do stuff like cauliflower pizza crusts etc. I would have give this up long time ago lol.

I never said anything to be taken like you where doing something wrong. o.O I always comment on how good your food looks and ask you for how you make this or that on occasion. I never did catch that recipe for the pumpkin cookies. ^_^ And of course your food doesn't fit into my lifestyle, no big deal there, my food doesn't fit into your lifestyle either, I don't take that as an insult. I am sorry if you felt anything I said was an attack, however, that is not what I meant.

I was just more giving tips on how anyone can make "fabulous" looking food, even with what they already cook. Notes for making food look good: take good photos, & plate well (keeping the plates neat and tidy around the edges, use nicer looking plates) I mean, food network after all ^_-
    However, no matter how pretty I make something, my little people say, yeah, looks beautiful, still not going to eat that, or they crush it laughing hysterically. Odd creatures they are sometimes.

No one should ever feel like they have to compete with someone else. Challenge ourselves for self imporvement on what we like, not against someone else, after all, you are one of a good kind crazyravr, just like Afura is an awesome bento-er and has great looking meals. And as for me, I am still going to make fluffy white mountaines of popotoes on pink plates, take crumby pictures, and be happy!! <3 This is all while drooling over yummy cakes in windows ^_-

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Shiitake seaweed salad 6xdtpxljtyhc.jpg
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    gacr5644b22u.jpeg
    The week
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Got tired of my last leftovers so it was time to make something different....salmon croquettes with a balsamic feta salad :)

12898257_10208062863362229_3677254571207758474_o.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
  • HanamiDango
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @HanamiDango hope you know I was just kidding and nope did not take your reply as offensive in any way. Food is food. Its all good.

Sorry!! :s I wasn't sure, thank you for letting me know ^_^
    JL2513 wrote: »
    Ketchup Doritos
    I feel like that bag is missing a Pikachu. :) I wonder if they be any good?

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    For lunch I made pad thai :)
    bpqxsczqoat7.jpeg
  • gosiaks
    gosiaks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    katcurnock wrote: »
    home made chicken and ham pie with home made chips

292961_10151194872844758_155046208_n_zps27e898ba.jpg

Could you please share the recipe for the pie? Thank you
  • HanamiDango
    Options
    For the fun of it.........proof of her purple mountain's majesty, aka popoto mountain on a purple plate! (It would be a pink plate if my daughter had not demand all pink is hers, booo!) Taken with my phone quickly, so blurry, eck!
    8720379005f708246ccab8416d9632ed.png