Protein bar suggestions?

Options
Any recommendations for a good protein protein bar? Not just taste-wise, but in terms of nutritional value as well. I've heard good things about Quest and Vega Sport... thoughts?

I don't plan on using them as a regular meal replacement, but sometimes it's hard to get a solid meal/snack in after a long hard workout.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If money no issue at all? Quest bars at $3.
    If poor like me. Pure protein at .67 each on sale.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Clif bars. The regular variety have around 10g of protein, and the Builder's have 20g. They always seem to be on sale around here - $10/10.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I liked Curate's bars, around $2 though they weren't very high in protein.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Quest ($$$$) and FitCrunch ($$).
  • Dreamingisbliss
    Dreamingisbliss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started trying quest to up my protein and some are TERRIBLE but some are actually pretty good. The cookie dough and mint chocolate chunk are literally the only ones I will eat, but I will eat and enjoy them. And they have 21 and 20g protein respectively and 15g of fiber. And the fiber is what I really wanted.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Clif bars. The regular variety have around 10g of protein, and the Builder's have 20g. They always seem to be on sale around here - $10/10.

Builder bars are my favorite.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Quest and OhYeah One bars
  • thehealthylittlemermaid
    Options
    I really like oh yeah! bars! they're literally like a chocolate bar, so they're easier to eat if you don't like the regular protein bar texture! gluten free aswell :-)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    FitCrunch bars are my go to. 16 grams of protein for like 190 calories. I like some of the qwest bars but they changed something and are not as good as they were before.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MusclePharm Combat Crunch.

210 Cal - 7F / 25C (7f) / 20P

All delicious.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    FitCrunch bars are my go to. 16 grams of protein for like 190 calories. I like some of the qwest bars but they changed something and are not as good as they were before.
    I have to admit, those look pretty good. Clif Builder's have the same amount of protein and a slightly better micronutrient profile, but at the cost of 90 additional calories compared to FitCrunch.

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Fit Crunch above all others. They just taste too good and aren't your run of the mill cold pressed play dough protein bar lol
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    nugo bars are good for the low fat vegan, 10g protein. pretzel flavor are my fav
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    love some flavors of quest bars. i usually buy 'em for about $2 to $2.20 per bar in boxes of 12. recommend the chocolate chip cookie dough, but the cookies and cream travels a bit better if they're going to be in a warmish place for a while.
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I actually like the Pure Protein bars. 20g of Protein for 210 or less calories per bar. The caramel peanut tastes like a candy bar and is my FAVORITE :D

I've tried several Quest bars and thought they were simply awful
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

^This.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I like think thin bars, but a total badass I know recommends fit crunch.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Not sure why you are spending $3 a bar. Order directly from QuestNutrition.com and get a box of 12 for $24.99 which makes them $2.09 a bar.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Quest bars and love them. I have Celics disease and every brand that claims to be Gutem free that I've tried still causes stomach issues. Quest bars have never been an issue so I stick with them even though I pay a little more.