On average much are you losing per week?

Options

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    After losing 30 lbs in 100 days, my weight has slowed down to .5 lbs a week. :( I'm in a healthy weight for my height at 5'8" and 147, with 9 lbs to go to goal.

I know, healthy, and normal... but still discouraging after dropping 30 lbs so quickly.

Turn that frown upside down, you're doing great! I'm down 27 in 102 days and have 7 more to go, but have slowed down as well. I purged my closets yesterday which gave me a big positive boost. Trying on clothes and finding out I entirely skipped one size I had stashed away was inspiring.
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    around 0.5-0.75lbs a week~
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I maxed out at around 1lb/week in January. In March I only lost around .5lb/week. I am also obese. I would prefer to be losing 1.5 lbs/week until I reach the border of obese and overweight, but I continue to eat too much on a consistent enough basis that I am not meeting my goals. However, even 2 lbs in a month is still moving forward for me so I take it and try to continue to improve.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I think about a pound a week now. Thank you Pasta Zero.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I lost 7lbs last month. And 2lbs last week. So i'm averaging 2lbs as of now. Which is a little higher than the 1% that is recommended.

I'm 5'3 and 136 pounds.
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I recalculated and is actually 1.9 per week. Was 3 pound when I first started. Only on my 3rd week.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    n1cholee93 wrote: »
    I lost 7lbs last month. And 2lbs last week. So i'm averaging 2lbs as of now. Which is a little higher than the 1% that is recommended.

I'm 5'3 and 136 pounds.

@n1cholee93 Considering you are healthy weight already that is too fast...meaning you are losing muscle tissue as well which you really really don't want to do.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been on my journey for almost 35 weeks and I've lost 70 lbs. my goal is to lose 10 more. When I first began the weight came off faster but now I'm ok with maintaining week to week. I've found that feeling healthy is better than the number on the scale anyway.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Just over 1 lb per week (9 lbs over 8 weeks)

Wish it would go faster, but I know that patience is needed!
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm losing 3-4 a week. But I am obese and only in my 3rd week of restarting, so I expect it to taper off a bit moving into the second month.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    1.78 pounds :)
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am currently averaging 3 pounds.

1-ish per week, at this point; sometimes more, sometimes less. I'm 2lbs above a not-overweight BMI. (I started with a BMI of 40+).

SW: 253
    CW: 156.2
    GW: 153 (???)
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    0.67 averaged out. Though that includes my last month which got a bit wobbly... I added 6lbs on holiday and also by loosening my death like grip on the food scale before/after the holiday.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1.33 lbs/week average since late December. Some weeks are more and some are less.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mine's weird. I might lose two pounds one week, half a pound the next, then GAIN a pound, then lose three. No rhyme or reason!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about 8 pounds per month so far, which averages out to right about 2 pounds per week.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about 1/3 lb/week. I don't have much further to go so I'm trying to lose slowly. In the beginning I was around 1.5 lb/week.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @KorvapuustiPossu How do you figure? 1% of my body weight is a little over 1 pound a week. So i'm not exactly burning off a lot more than i should be. And honestly i'm not exactly sure what i'm doing "wrong" in terms of my calories to be making my lose quicker than people say is normal.

My calories is 1,500 cals. MFP gave me 1,200 cals. I do cardio and strength (every other day) and Sunday is off day. According to MFP i burn 300 calories during my workout video. That means i eat back the ENTIRE amount i supposedly burn. Most people on here only eat back about 50% of net calories. So.. i'm not exactly starving myself by any means.. Unless i need to up my calories by another 100-200 calories?

**Mind you i don't weigh everything out, either. I have never used a food scale. I will use measuring cups in terms of liquid. So i might actually be eating more than i think, too.
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    People are quick to judge and can become know it all started when it comes to food and dieting. Just ignore it.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    n1cholee93 wrote: »
    @KorvapuustiPossu How do you figure? 1% of my body weight is a little over 1 pound a week. So i'm not exactly burning off a lot more than i should be. And honestly i'm not exactly sure what i'm doing "wrong" in terms of my calories to be making my lose quicker than people say is normal.

My calories is 1,500 cals. MFP gave me 1,200 cals. I do cardio and strength (every other day) and Sunday is off day. According to MFP i burn 300 calories during my workout video. That means i eat back the ENTIRE amount i supposedly burn. Most people on here only eat back about 50% of net calories. So.. i'm not exactly starving myself by any means.. Unless i need to up my calories by another 100-200 calories?

**Mind you i don't weigh everything out, either. I have never used a food scale. I will use measuring cups in terms of liquid. So i might actually be eating more than i think, too.

2 lbs a week is a lot for someone who is already at a healthy weight range. There is a possibility some of that is muscle loss. It doesn't have to do with you not eating enough, it has to do with you not having a lot of body fat left and how much your body can metabolize fat in a certain amount of time. Doing resistance training and consuming lots of protein can help prevent muscle loss. Obviously, if you are okay with what you are doing you do you. Folks are probably speaking from personal experience and the concern they had based on their own experiences of muscle loss. I wouldn't take it personally.