Who's eating sandwiches for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I Love Sandwiches. My favourite is turkey on marble rye with mustard. I also like egg salad with salt and pepper (I use light mayo or greek yogurt and paprika) on soft white french bread or egg bread. I also love tuna with diced pickle, diced red onion and pepper (don't need any mayo or anything) on whole wheat or egg bread or sourdough. Sliced ham with grainy mustard on a pretzel bun is delicious. Roast beef with beef horseradish on rye. And Then Grilled Cheese!!! I use Allegro 4% jalapeño cheese on any bread. I don't use any butter or anything, just take a non-stick pan, stove on medium, place sandwich in it, when cheese looks like it is melting flip it over.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are a bit of a treat for me (not the most efficient use of calories), so I make them with a ton of veggies so I can indulge in my love of cheese. So a slice or two of a very decadent cheese like Havarti, but then layers of sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes and spinach. Huge and so satisfying.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use FlatOut wraps, which have 12 grams of protein. I put turkey, tomato, banana peppers and romain lettuce on it. 190 calories and very filling.
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love sandwiches. I don't eat them everyday but pretty often. Today I had a wrap with flat bread. I had an Italian flat bread wrap, some yogurt based ranch, ham, skinny cow wedge cheese, lettuce, and cucumber in it. I want to make the same thing using turkey and turkey bacon. Or with ham, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and jalapeno. I try to choose healthier lower calorie breads, cheeses, and condiments.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My lunch today.

2 oz. low sodium turkey breast
    Half an avocado, mashed.
    3 mini sweet peppers sliced
    4 slices hot deli style jalapeño

All this on one slice of toast, open style, delicious and lower calorie, very filling and satisfying!
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a spam, cheddar, and egg sandwich. It was delicious. Most of the time when I have a sandwich or toast I add mashed beans (pinto or black beans), avocado, slices of tomato, and a little bit of salt.
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. Tuna salad pre-prepared from the Starkist pouches. Provolone cheese made from 2% milk. Jalapeno mustard.

Every once in a while a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love a good sandwich. I make my own wholegrain, wheat-less bread. Whatever filling I put in it is usually enough to keep me going for freakin' long time, too.

Sometimes I just make a bread-sandwich. And eat my filling separate. Cuz am weird like that.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Turkey or ham or tuna--mainly for the protein. Today I had a DiBella's turkey sub. Yum! :) Sandwiches are my main lunch staple
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i was having egg salad half-sandwiches for a while after easter with trader joe's light mayo, a little celery chopped and some seasoning. or sometimes i have a piece of reduced fat swiss or cheddar with mustard and avocado on one slice of bread - lettuce, too, if i'm in the mood for crunch.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I like grainy bread - usually Helga's Soy and Linseed or wholemeal grain. Or homemade bread is even better if I have the time and energy to make it.

My standard/easy options are ham and cheese (Bega have a light slice for only 59 cals, and it's like a proper tasty cheese ) or cheese and vegemite or peanut butter.

But my favourite is tuna and avocado: 1 avo, medium can sirena tuna with chilli, splash of lemon juice. This makes enough for 3 or 4 sandwiches and is also a great dip for veggies or crackers.

I often have this for lunch at work with some fruit and yoghurt (Black Swan low fat) and then take veggies (celery, capsium, carrot, steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes) for an afternoon snack to make a more balanced meal.
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't that spam cheddar and egg be worse than a Big Mac?
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't that spam cheddar and egg be worse than a Big Mac?

Worse I what way?