What are you reading at the moment?

Options
suzycreamcheese
suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
Im reading "after the quake" by Haruki Murakami. Hes probably my favourite author, theres just something so relaxing about his style of writing, yet intelligent and quirky at the same time. Its not his best book, but im still enjoying it.

What are you reading and whats it like? would you recommend it?

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just finish Anvil of Tears (E.D. Lindquist). I liked it. If you like fantasy, sci fi, or Firefly you'd probably like it (and it's free for Kindle)
  • MizzCNyle
    MizzCNyle Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm reading "Caring for Patients from Different Cultures" by Geri-Ann Galanti for a class..... I hate reading but the book is very interesting.
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am reading TailSpin by Cathrine Coulter (book 12 of the FBI Thiller Series) - I love all these books! So, yes, I would recommend it :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    the girl with the dragon tattoo, just started, well started it before , then stopped and read jillian's Master your Metobolism, but saw a trailor for a movie so started reading again.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Reading "Lover Unleashed" JR Ward...From the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series...
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods". Very funny guy.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    the girl with the dragon tattoo, just started, well started it before , then stopped and read jillian's Master your Metobolism, but saw a trailor for a movie so started reading again.

i started that, then stopped too. I couldnt get into it, but a lot of people rave about it dont they
  • melissabranscom
    Options
    I reading "The Search" by Nora Roberts....
  • FairyMiss
    Options

i started that, then stopped too. I couldnt get into it, but a lot of people rave about it dont they

yeah boring at first. but hopping its gonna get better by all the talk
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have just finished 'The White Queen' by Phillipa Gregory & just about to start ' What Was I Thinking" by Paul Henry - its his memoirs & a great read so far. Great man.Very intelligent.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I quite like Haruki Murakami, but haven't read any of his books in a while. I also read 'The White Queen' and really enjoyed that. We read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as one of our Book Club choices, and most recently 'The Help' which I loved. 'What the Dog Saw' and 'Outliers' (Malcolm Gladwell) were interesting too. We read 'The Gravelyard' by Neil Gaiman, but to be honest, in the past I didn't really enjoy his books. That one was quite good though.

It would be good to have some new ideas for Book Club, so I will be sure to check back on this thread!
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm right in the middle of "The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder" by Mary Jane Maffini. It's the latest in the Charlotte Adams series that features a professional organizer. I enjoy the sense of humour throughout. And yes, I am a busy woman but no, I do not intend to murder. :)
  • diblogs
    diblogs Posts: 2
    Options
    I am reading Shadowland by Alyson Noel the third book in ths immortals series. You cant put it down it is a serious page turner.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    I quite like Haruki Murakami, but haven't read any of his books in a while. I also read 'The White Queen' and really enjoyed that. We read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as one of our Book Club choices, and most recently 'The Help' which I loved. 'What the Dog Saw' and 'Outliers' (Malcolm Gladwell) were interesting too. We read 'The Gravelyard' by Neil Gaiman, but to be honest, in the past I didn't really enjoy his books. That one was quite good though.

It would be good to have some new ideas for Book Club, so I will be sure to check back on this thread!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the help. One of my fave books. Everyone should read it.

I want to read the Neil Gaiman one, i quite enjoyed Neverwhere, and ive got american gods on the go at the moment too.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    . We read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as one of our Book Club choices, a

DOES it get better????/
  • FairyMiss
    Options

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the help. One of my fave books. Everyone should read it.

I want to read the Neil Gaiman one, i quite enjoyed Neverwhere, and ive got american gods on the go at the moment too.

American gods rocked love Neil Gaiman. have read part of Neverwhere long ago, never finished it , lost it, i have not completed many a book that way LOL (tend to take them everywhere and they get left, love my kindle on my ipod, more portable
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I found that after 80-100 pages of the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo it does get more interesting! At first I was like, what are all these people going on about!? But it gets better. It is quite... graphic in some parts, it is not a book I would recommend to my mother, and one of the more conservative women in our group hated it! It eventually becomes a page-turner, so stick with it.

The Help was fabulous, wasn't it! That IS one I could recommend to my mother.
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a couple of books:

The Ramshackle Suitor - Nancy Butler (my book for when I'm waiting, easy pick up/put down)
    The Idiot's Guide to Creating Amigurumi - June Gilbank (bedtime reading)
    Fermat's Last Theorem - Simon Singh (for when I have a chunk of time to myself)
  • phyllis5
    phyllis5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just finished The Other Boleyn Girl and I'm starting The Boleyn Inheritance...both by Philippa Gregory....love her style of writing,,,couldn't put it down. Reading at 2 in the morning.......good books while I'm down with a back injury....and keeps me from eating :)
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just started Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The musical is coming to my town next month and I want to see it SO bad!