Options
2»

Replies

• shimonajade
    shimonajade Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The main thing is - do you log your cheat days? If not, it can be a big eye opener.
    I don't, i will start though! thanks :)
    I'm 5'5" and sitting at 143 (down from 185). My daily goal is 1450 but I eat way too much on weekends which is why I've been unable to get any lower. Pretty sure I'm wiping out my deficit each week and it's quite possible that's what you're doing too.

Thanks, I think that is most def what's happening!
  • shimonajade
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's advice, it's was very helpful, and eye-opening. I will definitely be logging my cheat meal, and paying better attention to my food intake. I gained 2kgs in the first 2 weeks of weight training, it's been 7 weeks in total, cardio 125mins 5xpw, 160mins strenth 4xpw, so I should be definitely been losing fat. I have only checked body fat % with tape measurements, I'll ask at my gym for a calipre measurement instead. And invest in a fitbit or similar workout device to track calories burned. Would like to be able to "eat back" half of calories burned, I get quite hungry during the week so come the weekend I cheat way too much.
    Thanks Ladies!
  • shimonajade
    Options
    Just a quick update, and a big thank you to everyone for the advice!! I started logging EVERYTHING, and changed my cheat "days" to cheat meals (only one pw). Lost 3.2 kgs in 3 weeks and quite a few cm's!
    Averaging on 1.1kgs loss pw! Weekly average of 1300-1400 per day calorie intake and don't feel starved or deprived, everything in moderation. Thanks for the advice and support! Please feel free to add me as a friend. Xxx
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Omg finally I am relevant! I just saw this post, I know it's a bit dated, but I got very excited to find people with similar stats. 5'5 148 lbs currently, been hovering around the 150 mark for a long time, though!

I do circuit training 5-6 times a week with weights incorporated. I have had a similar experience - strength and muscle definition is great, but weight loss is SLOW and measurements are not really changing anymore. My clothes are fitting better so I can't really tell what's happening. If only I had a reliable way to measure body fat. My goal is to get into the 135 range, and also to put on a bit of muscle.

My calorie allowance is currently 1500 day, recently lowered from 1600. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself! I'm gonna add you :)
  • shimonajade
    Options
    Omg finally I am relevant! I just saw this post, I know it's a bit dated, but I got very excited to find people with similar stats. 5'5 148 lbs currently, been hovering around the 150 mark for a long time, though!

I do circuit training 5-6 times a week with weights incorporated. I have had a similar experience - strength and muscle definition is great, but weight loss is SLOW and measurements are not really changing anymore. My clothes are fitting better so I can't really tell what's happening. If only I had a reliable way to measure body fat. My goal is to get into the 135 range, and also to put on a bit of muscle.

My calorie allowance is currently 1500 day, recently lowered from 1600. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself! I'm gonna add you :)

Ask your gym to do the BF% with calipers, they should have.. Thanks for the add BTW, good to see progress and diary's of similar size ladies :-)