Is Diet soda ok?

13»

Replies

• jessicakrouse12
    jessicakrouse12 Posts: 2 Member
    Honestly you have to very careful with things that are labeled "Diet" in most cases these things contain chemicals which can cause numerous problems. A lot of studies have been done to show the chemicals in diet soda are linked to cancer.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Has this thread been linked here yet? I can't keep the diet soda threads straight this morning.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Honestly you have to very careful with things that are labeled "Diet" in most cases these things contain chemicals which can cause numerous problems. A lot of studies have been done to show the chemicals in diet soda are linked to cancer.

Do yourself a favor and read the link above on aspartame, and stay away from pseudoscience junkies like The Food Babe, Taubes and their ilk.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member

LOL
  • LexieCatSJ
    LexieCatSJ Posts: 7 Member
    I drink very little soda at all, but on those rare occasions I do, I drink diet soda. Regular soda no longer tastes right to me--it seems syrupy/sticky in my mouth and on my lips afterward. I mostly drink unsweetened tea, with NOTHING in it. In my own experience, if you can cultivate a taste for tea with no sweetener at all (and various kinds of teas give you various good flavors), you won't miss the sweet drinks. I also think unsweetened drinks go better with food, in general. And anything that makes the food you're eating taste better is good for your weight loss efforts.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016

Please give links to these studies you're speaking of. And please make sure they're from actual reputable, scientific sources. Thanks!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member

I bet I can find a "study" that links just about anything to cancer.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I'm willing to bet all my belongings that everyone in this thread will be dead in a century, whether or not they drink diet sodas. Of course, I'll be dead too, so good luck collecting.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

I bet I can find a "study" that links just about anything to cancer.

I'm gonna go with the Daily Mail
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4abk9fd_lR4
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My lab retriever won't touch Diet Coke but I love the stuff.

Smart dog!