Options
13»

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    pwillis20 wrote: »
    Artificial sweetners can cause insulin spikes which can result in fat storage mode. Sodas have higher sugar content which is a simple carb, also causes insulin spike. About the only benifit is it has no calories, whereas sugar should be 4 calories per gram.
    It doesn't cause insulin spikes. If it did it WOULDN'T be recommended as a substitute drink by the AMERICAN DIABETIC ASSOCIATION.
    There is no actual nutritional benifit and no way to replace water. Water is actually one of the most important factors for fat loss. Try flavored waters or find out if it's just the carbonation you like. Even if its a 10 calorie flavored water, it will be more benificial than a diet soda plus you'll have more energy.
    The majority of a can of diet soda is...........wait for it.............water.
    Caffeine is still found in diet sodas and it is a stimulant (drug) to alter how your body feels, appearing to have more energy before it plumits. Going stim free provides a longer duration of clean energy
    Clean energy? So people that have any caffeine are burning "dirty energy"?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

If you wash the can first, it's clean.
  • jessicakrouse12
    jessicakrouse12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly you have to very careful with things that are labeled "Diet" in most cases these things contain chemicals which can cause numerous problems. A lot of studies have been done to show the chemicals in diet soda are linked to cancer.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Has this thread been linked here yet? I can't keep the diet soda threads straight this morning.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Honestly you have to very careful with things that are labeled "Diet" in most cases these things contain chemicals which can cause numerous problems. A lot of studies have been done to show the chemicals in diet soda are linked to cancer.

Do yourself a favor and read the link above on aspartame, and stay away from pseudoscience junkies like The Food Babe, Taubes and their ilk.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

LOL
  • LexieCatSJ
    LexieCatSJ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drink very little soda at all, but on those rare occasions I do, I drink diet soda. Regular soda no longer tastes right to me--it seems syrupy/sticky in my mouth and on my lips afterward. I mostly drink unsweetened tea, with NOTHING in it. In my own experience, if you can cultivate a taste for tea with no sweetener at all (and various kinds of teas give you various good flavors), you won't miss the sweet drinks. I also think unsweetened drinks go better with food, in general. And anything that makes the food you're eating taste better is good for your weight loss efforts.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Please give links to these studies you're speaking of. And please make sure they're from actual reputable, scientific sources. Thanks!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

I bet I can find a "study" that links just about anything to cancer.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet all my belongings that everyone in this thread will be dead in a century, whether or not they drink diet sodas. Of course, I'll be dead too, so good luck collecting.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

I bet I can find a "study" that links just about anything to cancer.

I'm gonna go with the Daily Mail
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4abk9fd_lR4
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My lab retriever won't touch Diet Coke but I love the stuff.

Smart dog!