Any breastfeeding mommas?!

Options
2»

Replies

• smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm bfing my 11 week old boy. I've lost the pregnancy weight almost - just 5 or so pounds to go. I'm doing the 30 day shred which is making me feel much stronger and fitter, going some way to make up for the fatigue from lack of unbroken sleep.

My main problem is constant hunger, especially for cashew nuts and chocolate! I'm not worrying about restricting calories at all - I'm just trying to eat a balanced diet and limit the choc!

The other big problem is baby cries when I put him down so finding 20 straight mins to do a workout is a challenge!
  • camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my almost six month old. Went back to work 3 weeks ago and my weightloss has just stalled!!! Need motivation to get back on it
  • Lamamu85
    Lamamu85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my preemie baby. She's almost 5 months now 3 months corrected age. I had very bad preeclampsia and have lost some of the weight but still have a lot more to go yet have minimal energy/motivation. Add me
  • jenn_robins
    jenn_robins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys! Yep I'm breastfeeding as well. My baby makes a week today and honestly I'm ready to stop. Like really. I'm not sure if enough is even coming out because afterwards she is still hungry and I make her a bottle. Anyway, I am working out once a day small cardio, nothing major of course but I'm soooooo ready to see results! Doing great on my diet though!!!

I still look like I'm 4 months pregnant!! So depressing.
  • ashluv2sing
    ashluv2sing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding and pumping for my 7 month old. I'm not having much luck losing weight. I think my PCOS wants my fat to stay on my body while I'm nursing but slowly getting there. I've lost 8 pounds since January and need to lose much much more. It's worth it though to make sure my baby is getting what she needs.
  • mandyjane22202
    mandyjane22202 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys! Yep I'm breastfeeding as well. My baby makes a week today and honestly I'm ready to stop. Like really. I'm not sure if enough is even coming out because afterwards she is still hungry and I make her a bottle. Anyway, I am working out once a day small cardio, nothing major of course but I'm soooooo ready to see results! Doing great on my diet though!!!

Hey Jenn, I know breastfeeding can be hard and mom's always feel their baby isn't getting enough. As long as the baby has 4-6 wet diapers they're getting plenty. Do you use a binkie? My little girl refuses the binkie but sacking really soothes her so she use me as her binkie ( pain in the butt) I would think that she was constantly hungry when all she wanted was something to suck on.
  • kaylee_jayksen
    kaylee_jayksen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey mamas! I'm breastfeeding my 3 week old daughter. Add me, I'd love some friends who are in the same boat!
  • azciara
    azciara Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Still breastfeeding my 8 month old, planning on going for another 4 months! Did the same for my now 3 year old :)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bf'ing my 8 mo here--will do for at least 4-6 more months (weaned his 3 big brothers between 14-18 mo). Only 3 more lbs to go...but 2-3 lbs hang on until I wean them, then disappear almost overnight.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Hey Jenn, I know breastfeeding can be hard and mom's always feel their baby isn't getting enough. As long as the baby has 4-6 wet diapers they're getting plenty. Do you use a binkie? My little girl refuses the binkie but sacking really soothes her so she use me as her binkie ( pain in the butt) I would think that she was constantly hungry when all she wanted was something to suck on.

Exactly what MandyJane said. As long as baby is making enough wet/dirty diapers and is gaining weight at well baby checks, she's getting enough. However...please be careful about restricting calories (if you are) until 2-3 mo out, so you don't affect your supply. And be cautious about exercise--you are still healing!

I know how hard it is to wait, but some weight will come off through bf'ing (I usually lose 20-30 lbs those first 3 months with no effort). Good luck and congrats!
  • kellyer9
    kellyer9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding my 1 month old! Just came back to my fitness pal about a week ago to start tracking what I eat (suspect some foods i eat make my boy fussy) and motivate my weight loss. Still have 20 # to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, but a c-section delivery has kept me from returning to exercise for still a few more weeks!
  • aleventry88
    aleventry88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It does get easier... The first week was the worst for me too. But it does amazing for helping to loss weight
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's been 17 years since my last baby weaned, but I just wanted to give some kudos and shout outs to all of the breastfeeding moms. KEEP IT UP! You can do it :) Sometimes it's tough, sometimes it feels impossible, but by gosh, that feeling of knowing that you are the one who has kept your baby alive for all of those months/year - it's amazing. And the bonding experience is incredible, and let me tell you - my "baby" is 18 years old now and I still miss the closeness of those times.

Cherish the moments :)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding success story here! I rejoined mfp about a month after my fourth baby was born last year. I've lost 85 lbs since then all while breastfeeding! I'm still nursing my 15 month old a few times a day and I'm in maintenance. :)