Options
4righteousnesssake
4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
Any Crossfitters on here?

Replies

• 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    haha, maybe not. But I'll give this one more chance.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    There's probably a Crossfit group or you can try the fitness forum. Might be someone there
  • tlyric97
    tlyric97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i just started! brutal!!.. but it's pretty great! ... i am halfway through a 6 week fitcamp thing.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Can't afford it
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    *raises hand. . .

. . then squats down, does 15 jumping chest-to-bar pull-up followed by 50 burpees, 30 box jumps and 100 double-unders!.

. . .then collapses in the fetal position for 10 minutes.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    *raises hand. . .

. . then squats down, does 15 jumping chest-to-bar pull-up followed by 50 burpees, 30 box jumps and 100 double-unders!.

. . .then collapses in the fetal position for 10 minutes.

Hahaha, hilarious! But true... lol I'll add you.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    fightclub.jpg
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Been doing CF about two years though I rarely do traditional CF classes anymore. Here's a link to a Crossfit group on here.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/99-crossfit-love
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    Been doing CF about two years though I rarely do traditional CF classes anymore. Here's a link to a Crossfit group on here.

Great, thanks! What do you mean you don't do traditional classes anymore? Do you workout from home?
  • _incogNEATo_
    edited April 2016
    Options

Great, thanks! What do you mean you don't do traditional classes anymore? Do you workout from home?

She works out from my home.
    Right, @Keladelphia ?
  • Keladelphia
    Options

Right, @Keladelphia ?

Only for my favorite kind of workouts @_incogNEATo_ ;)

There is multiple sets of programming at my gym. 1.) Crossfit programming (traditional CF classes) 2.) Regional/Games competition programming for our team and individuals that have made it to regionals this year and 3.) Off season competition programming for those that are hoping to make it to regionals/the games as individuals or team next year. I just switched to my new box after this years open so I'm doing off season competition programming. It's lot's of strength work/bodybuilding, skill work and several traditional WODs a day frequently done alone, sometimes done with others following comp team programming if they're training at the same time.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options

Right, @Keladelphia ?

Only for my favorite kind of workouts @_incogNEATo_ ;)

There is multiple sets of programming at my gym. 1.) Crossfit programming (traditional CF classes) 2.) Regional/Games competition programming for our team and individuals that have made it to regionals this year and 3.) Off season competition programming for those that are hoping to make it to regionals/the games as individuals or team next year. I just switched to my new box after this years open so I'm doing off season competition programming. It's lot's of strength work/bodybuilding, skill work and several traditional WODs a day frequently done alone, sometimes done with others following comp team programming if they're training at the same time.

That's awesome!
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    Can't afford it

Yeah, I've worked out in my garage/basement/yard and driveway for the last 3 or 4 years. I just style my workouts after Crossfit.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Can't afford it

Yeah, it's pricey no doubt. Here in Melbourne (FL) I pay $110/month. However, when you consider it's like having a personal trainer for ALL your workouts, it's a pretty good deal. At my gym there is usually a coach for every 4 or 5 people, and if you go on off hours or on Thursday or during open gym, it's easy to get one-on-one time.

• _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Can't afford it

Yeah, it's pricey no doubt. Here in Melbourne (FL) I pay $110/month. However, when you consider it's like having a personal trainer for ALL your workouts, it's a pretty good deal. At my gym there is usually a coach for every 4 or 5 people, and if you go on off hours or on Thursday or during open gym, it's easy to get one-on-one time.

I've considered it like that and still have determined that I can't afford it.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Can't afford it

I don't know why you're over here talking about money...you know i'll train you for free @_incogNEATo_ ;)
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Can't afford it

I don't know why you're over here talking about money...you know i'll train you for free @_incogNEATo_ ;)

Sounds like quite the deal! Let's get something set up for 4 weekdays and 3x on Saturdays.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try crossfit, but yea. I don't even want to pay $45/month for a gym, so $80-100 a month is out of the question for me. :lol:
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Can't afford it

I suddenly feel like I can't afford it anymore either. .
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Options
    Can't afford it

I suddenly feel like I can't afford it anymore either. .

Yeah, no kidding. lol