Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The best detox is to drink water. You can add lemon, cucumber or 1tbsp of Bragg apple cider unfiltered vinegar. Works great for me but to the water with vinegar I'm adding 1tsp of honey for better taste.

How much water are you drinking for the 1tbsp of vinegar or 1 tsp of honey?

What I do is for 16oz glass of warm water I put 1tbsp of vinegar, 1tsp oh honey and I squeeze some lime in it. I drink this first thing in the morning. Works for me good, my skin looks better, my hair stop falling and my stomach is getting more flat. Before I was stool softener user everyday no more need it. You need to try what will be working for you

And by what process do you believe adding acetic acid, glucose, fructose and water and a touch of vitamin C and water to warm water is making your hair stop falling out and flattening your stomach? I'd really be interested

As for skin and stool softener, pretty sure that's the hydration.

Vinegar contains essential nutrients like potassium, iron, Vitamins A, C, B1, B6, which provide perfect nutrients for the growth of hair and prevent of hair loss. It is rich in active enzymes, mallic acid and has antiseptic property which prevents the growth of, bacterial and yeast infection causing itchy scalp. Honey is an emollient, it also improves the health of the hair follicles which are responsible for hair growth. It is a natural antioxidant, so it tends to make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth. We all know that honey is a humectant, it tends to prevent the loss of moisture from your scalp. But honey has also high sugar content which helps to retain moisture. This as a result prevents hair fall and strengthens the hair follicles. Honey also comprises of antibacterial and antiseptic qualities too. This prevents our scalp from infections or psoriasis and tends to keep our scalp clean and bacteria-free. Lemon is fully packed with many nutrients like citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and flavonoids.
    The vitamin C enhances the development of the braid and also makes the hair stronger. The residue of lemon contains ph 2 and it is highly acidic in nature. The compound limonene present in the lemon acid helps increases the flow of blood which in turn enhances and mends the follicles of the hair.

This is not even based in the facts of the nutritional breakdown of these foods and the extrapolation to health benefits is simply odd

I'm really sorry but even 100g balsamic vinegar (like 15 times what you're using) contains negligible amounts of trace elements , you'd be far better eating a small banana

100g vinegar would give you 3% RDA (112mg) potassium whereas 100g banana is 10% (358mg)

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/9744/2#ixzz469FNBYbZ.0mg1%

Also an emollient is topically applied not ingested ...sorry I stopped reading after that
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's much better to eat clean most of the time and let your body do its own detox.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hey you should try bucked up pre-workout! It's the best pre-workout I've found and deer antler spray is ‍‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‌bo‌mb‌ for recovery I don't get sore AT ALL. If you want to find out more on it go to www.deerantlerspray.com and use coupon code:hunter20 at checkout for a sweet discount

Nah, bro. Who puts "www." anymore?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The best detox is to drink water. You can add lemon, cucumber or 1tbsp of Bragg apple cider unfiltered vinegar. Works great for me but to the water with vinegar I'm adding 1tsp of honey for better taste.

How much water are you drinking for the 1tbsp of vinegar or 1 tsp of honey?

What I do is for 16oz glass of warm water I put 1tbsp of vinegar, 1tsp oh honey and I squeeze some lime in it. I drink this first thing in the morning. Works for me good, my skin looks better, my hair stop falling and my stomach is getting more flat. Before I was stool softener user everyday no more need it. You need to try what will be working for you

And by what process do you believe adding acetic acid, glucose, fructose and water and a touch of vitamin C and water to warm water is making your hair stop falling out and flattening your stomach? I'd really be interested

As for skin and stool softener, pretty sure that's the hydration.

Vinegar contains essential nutrients like potassium, iron, Vitamins A, C, B1, B6, which provide perfect nutrients for the growth of hair and prevent of hair loss.

If you eat a halfway decent diet you will be getting a lot more of these from the rest of your food than the vinegar.

I checked out 1 tsp honey, 1 tbsp vinegar (I picked apple cider, since it seems to be trendy), and the juice from half a lime in cronometer, and these are the nutrients it reported:

30 calories (which is fine, of course)
    1% of the recommended amount of: B1, B2, B5, B6, and folate, as well as copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium
    9% of the recommended amount of: C
    Not listing any A.

Those amounts are what I'd expect given that we aren't talking about a large amount.

If you like it, go for it, but it's not a significant provider of any nutrients (other than C, depending on how one defines significant).

If hair is falling out (beyond amounts normal and replaced without any thinning) and one is a woman (and there's not a known cause) I'd be concerned enough to go to the doctor, personally.
  • Bradford904
    Bradford904 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow. Where do you go for a breakdown of nutrients like that?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Cron-O-Meter (cronometer.com) is good for it, although for packaged things it doesn't really work since the nutrients are often not all available. For honey and vinegar there are USDA options that do have the information, and for whole foods in general.

I log there from time to time just because I think it makes it easier to see how you are doing with nutrients than MFP and I find it interesting.