Yay, found a Weightloss shake made with REAL sugar!

Options
I guess I'll use the tried-and-true, Carnation Breakfast Essentials (formerly "Instant Breakfast"). Use the powder packets, though. Not sure about the sweetener in the bottled kind. Just read the label & educate yourself.

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You realize this shake won't cause you to lose weight right?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lol. Awesome.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found a product you like! Maybe let people know in this thread that you started too.
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    To jessef593: it's gotta work compared to the way I ate before. It was out of control, no boundaries whatsoever. This way, I'll take the time to make the shake with ice in blender, which is filling. We'll see, I've only been "shaking" since April 8th.
  • jessef593
    Options
    No, like I mean the shake will have absolutely no affect towards weightloss unless you're in a calorie deficit. That's truly all that matters. Trust me, I cut weight 2-3x a year as a hobby.
  • jessef593
    edited April 2016
    Options
    HOw exactly do you think that they're going to help you with weightloss?
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love the Carnation Breakfasts! I recently started using the Herbalife shakes too and from what I can find at first glance, I don't think that they have either of the sweeteners that you are avoiding. The trick is to find something that you enjoy so that you can stick to it. I love the variety that Herbalife offers. I think that it is something that I will be able to incorporate long term so when people start the "shake hating" and "do you plan to do it forever" my answer is, yea maybe I do. lol Good luck in finding the one that fits for you. As long as you are making a good choice for you then ignore the haters!
  • coonhoundmom50
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! Already aware of Ace K, and it's hazards. Much appreciated!!! So important for all of us to educate ourselves on these artificial sweeteners, and the health hazards associated with some of them.
  • jessef593
    Options
    @PattyBanzhof1 I am still curious as to how these shakes are going to magically cure your weight gain problem. If you could fill me in it would be greatly appreciated. Especially since I've managed to gain weight on these supposed "weightloss shakes". It intrigues me that you continue to avoid giving any evidence on how these shakes actually result in weightloss.

• jessef593
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! Already aware of Ace K, and it's hazards. Much appreciated!!! So important for all of us to educate ourselves on these artificial sweeteners, and the health hazards associated with some of them.
    Except there are no health hazards associated with any artificial sweetener. You've been shown to be wrong about this on the other thread. Your still wrong about it on this one.

And she refuses to state how these shakes will result in weightloss.
  • coonhoundmom50
    Options
    Hi jessef593!!
    Nice pic by the way!!! Looks like whatever you're doing, it's obviously working!!! I can see the 6pack abs, even in the tiny pic. I feel the slimfast SHAKE is working, and will continue to work, due to the fact compared to the way I was eating, which was out of control, no self-discipline, this is more of a controlled method. It happened to be on sale at my local dented can outlet, and thought OK, I'll give it a whirl!!!besides, it was $2.25/can, so it's not like I went into debt to begin this regimen. It of course, takes commitment, and measuring, etc. So I'll try this for awhile, if it's not working like it should, I'll simply go back to eating real food for brkfst and lunch, but simply measure out portions, etc.. That might be the key, portion control. Hope this answered your ?. Good day!!!
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @PattyBanzhof1 Do you "feel" it's working, or is it actually working. Did you weigh yourself before and after? Have you actually attempted more modest eating habits? A shake is not a silver bullet and you'll more than likely rebound since a mostly liquid diet is sustainable in the long run.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I only repeat this here because I agree with you that is important to educate ourselves on health hazards.

This website that the OP also attempted to cite says ACE K is okay.
    This source says ACE K is okay.
    The Mayo Clinic is okay with sweeteners.

The FDA, the WHO, the UN's FAO are all okay with artificial sweeteners.
  • coonhoundmom50
    Options
    Hi cheri1218! Finally, someone normal , with a very supportive, non-hysterical response!!! Thanks for your kind words! Sounds like you're a supportive person, and we have similar goals for ourslves!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hi cheri1218! Finally, someone normal , with a very supportive, non-hysterical response!!! Thanks for your kind words! Sounds like you're a supportive person, and we have similar goals for ourslves!

No one was hysterical... But thanks for calling is abnormal.
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as weight loss shake. Its a marketing scam. People hear the phrase and think it has some weight to it. It does not. Weight loss occurs when you are in a calorie deficit. That's it. A shake does not put you into a calorie deficit.

Really not sure why anyone would be excited to add more sugar into their diet.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Patty, I love that you are keeping it positive, even with the haters!! It's great that you have found a shake that is working for you. I used to have a shake for breakfast every morning. It's convenient, quick and fit in my diet. Now, I have switched it up and will grab one when I need one. I have never tried the carnation, but maybe I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the tip!