Looking for 1200 calorie friends

Hi there. Looking for 1200 calorie friends for support.

CW: 185-186
GW: 160

Replies

• Blochner
    Blochner Posts: 13 Member
    I would be careful with 1200 calories. It is hard to do. I am at around 188 right now, and my goal weight is 150. I am shooting for around 1850 calories. I found with 1200 i was hungry and exhausted ALL THE TIME.
    I also used a different calculator than the MFP one...

Good Luck!!
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Are you losing at 1850? What is your activity level like? I have a desk job.
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Hey Shelly! I've been on 1200 on a couple of different regimes including right now. I'm rarely hungry and have tons of energy. My hight is 5' 6" and I currently weigh 158. Goal weight is 140. My food diary is open to friends.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Blochner wrote: »
    I would be careful with 1200 calories. It is hard to do. I am at around 188 right now, and my goal weight is 150. I am shooting for around 1850 calories. I found with 1200 i was hungry and exhausted ALL THE TIME.

THIS. I'm more than 188 and have started lifting weights. I get about 1700-1800 calories a day and am still hungry a bit.

Good Luck!!

• Blochner
    Blochner Posts: 13 Member

I am fairly active. I nanny, so i do have a lot of up and down during the day... however I also have a two hour nap time which I usually spend relaxing on the couch. I occasionally walk 2 miles to get the kids to and from school when weather is nice.
    I would just see how your body reacts. If you are feeling very sluggish, or always hungry up your calories a little. You could start with maybe 1500 and then adjust to see how your body reacts to it.
  • reddevil614
    reddevil614 Posts: 16 Member
    I always read on here that 1200 is low, but unless I put in a .5 weight loss goal, mfp always gives me 1200....even with .5 I think it only gives me 1400 or so...
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Personally I am not starving. As you can see from my diary I eat a lot of good clean food.
  • heyheatherson
    heyheatherson Posts: 11 Member
    I am also at 1200. I was really successful in the past and need to get back on track. Feel free to add me!
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Blochner wrote: »
    I also used a different calculator than the MFP one...

Good Luck!!

Exactly iam trying 1200 but it's really hard ..always hungry can't even last two days.
  • taniamusic
    taniamusic Posts: 45 Member
    Feel free to add me! I've had success on under 1200. Love the 5 and 2 diet.
  • ying_ax
    ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 5'0" and at 1,200. I've been on MFP for over a month now. I most of the time a little over 1,200 (I eat back all my calories after workout) I found myself lost very little (1 lb a month) which I'm happy with it. I think if I didn't eat back the calories, I would have lost much more.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hiya I'm goaled 1260 by the app but usually make under 1000 :)
    My start weight 2 weeks ago was 140lb my weight at first weigh in last friday was 135lb but im aiming for 126lb ideally better.

If you add me as a friend you're welcome to look through my food diaries to see what i choose to stay under 1000 and not hungry hahaha. I also never eat back calories i never really need to.

Happy to give suggestions if youd like?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016

Keep in mind MFP's 1200 recommendation is before exercise. But be careful exercise calorie burns are often inflated.

1200 is a default minimum. There are 3 possible reasons for a 1200 goal. 1.) very petite 2.) senior citizen or 3.) aggressive weekly weight loss goal.

Too fast weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Moderate paced weight loss helps lower your body fat % better.

1200 is based on meeting minimum nutritional guidelines.
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    I'm doing 1200...it was tough at first...but I am getting the hang of it. I am always looking for ideas for meals. I have been doing this for two weeks, and I haven't weighed myself yet. I have a sedentary job, my exercise goal is 30 minutes of cardio or interval training five days a week. I am happy to share my food diary with anyone who friends me.
  • RunnerChick16
    RunnerChick16 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been trying to lose 10 lbs for most of my life without success. Then I turned 50 and menopause and plantar fasciitis got me in both feet so I had to stop running, which is the only way I was able to maintain my weight. Now, I am recovering from surgery in my right foot and have started walking. I decided to give MFP another go and it has placed me on the 1200 minimum. CW 145lbs GW 130lbs. I sure hope this works for me. Anyone else dealing with menopause and having success with 1200 calories?
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    I'm doing 1200 calories and definitely not starving! I feel like 1200 is very doable. I am not big into snacking (never have been) so there is days I get between 1050-1100 calories and still don't feel hungry. All I drink is water. Once in awhile I will splurg and get a skinny latte. I have been on mfp for almost 50 days and have lost 13lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    I'm doing 1200, but I'm short. I really feel that I'd be even OK consuming less. I'm definitely eating well and enough and not hungry. I haven't lost much, but I'm generally more interested in getting stronger and more fit.
  • gdefelix
    gdefelix Posts: 37 Member
    If you add me as a friend you're welcome to look through my food diaries to see what i choose to stay under 1000 and not hungry hahaha. I also never eat back calories i never really need to.

Hi. Thanks for offering to share your food diaries. I'm curious how you are doing this. I plan to add you as a friend :-)
  • XanManMom
    XanManMom Posts: 17 Member
    I'm on my 46th day of 1200 calories or less and I'm down 23lbs. I have an open diary if you want to add me.
  • nicole3921
    nicole3921 Posts: 97 Member
    XanManMom wrote: »
    I'm on my 46th day of 1200 calories or less and I'm down 23lbs. I have an open diary if you want to add me.

Sent request