Zombie Run Application users?

Options

Replies

• Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried this app some time ago. Wound up as zombie chow numerous times.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    This thread made me dust off my old app, and apparently, the version I purchased way back when is no longer supported. I reluctantly downloaded the new app, and it turns out I get to keep the content I purchased plus some new cool additional options, missions, customizations, intervals, virtual races..etc. I'm happy and excited to start playing it again. I had no idea the app has grown into this robust full experience.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    That looks fun. Just not up to running quite yet. Love anything Zombie, tho!

It can be used for walking. You don't necessarily need to run as long as you do a step/distance based workout.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am on season 3
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies Run! I wasn't quite up to running 5K yet (but really wanted to), so I downloaded the Zombies 5K app - it's great! :smiley:
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    it's a 20% speed increase. It doesn't matter what speed you go, just go 20% faster when the zombies chase you and you win.
  • zayleena
    zayleena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have zombies run although it's more zombie walk lol
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually hate cardio, but this app sounds like it may make me actually do it. I will have to try it out!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    it's a 20% speed increase. It doesn't matter what speed you go, just go 20% faster when the zombies chase you and you win.

The percentage is adjustable, now.
  • DaddieCat
    Options

It's not on my android app... I just looked. *shrug* Either I need to update, or android doesn't get the same cool features. Either way, I'm boycotting... not sure what... possibly the undead.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I didn't pay for the subscription upgrade, and I maxed out on stories last Fri. Apparently, I can't download the next until... I think Thurs. of this week (6 days, I think it was). I will let it go for now and did a few supply runs, but at some point, that will get annoying enough that I will pay for a subscription so I can get the next story sooner.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    edited April 2016
    Options

It's not on my android app... I just looked. *shrug* Either I need to update, or android doesn't get the same cool features. Either way, I'm boycotting... not sure what... possibly the undead.

I have it on Android. It's called: Zombies, Run!
    Made by: Six to Start
  • DaddieCat
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have it on android as well, but that's not what I meant. Do you have the fancy zombie speed slider? because I don't. Mine still makes me increase 20% unless i turn off the zombie chases.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I have it on android as well, but that's not what I meant. Do you have the fancy zombie speed slider? because I don't. Mine still makes me increase 20% unless i turn of the zombie chases.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't get the real chases at all... I haven't bought a subscription as of yet.
  • DaddieCat
    edited April 2016
    Options

I have it on android as well, but that's not what I meant. Do you have the fancy zombie speed slider? because I don't. Mine still makes me increase 20% unless i turn of the zombie chases.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I don't get the real chases at all... I haven't bought a subscription as of yet.

I bought in during season one and somehow got 2 and 3 for free, so I lucked out. I still feel cheated though. I want to be able to adjust my zombie speed. Gonna go cry about it until they find my hiding spot and eat me. BRB for brains.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I find the free model very confusing - if you don't subscribe, you can eventually unlock everything but the current season, right?

http://blog.zombiesrungame.com/post/118924432364/the-all-new-zombies-run-is-out-now-and

(I was part of the kickstarter way back when, but between phone OS changes and upgrades, now I'm just a free player.)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty obsessed with this app - I bought it was back when it came out, played it a bit, and then forgot about it, and when I re-downloaded it onto my new phone I also got the grandfathered access to everything. So I've been playing since October and I'm almost through season 3 (with 566 miles logged since then with it.) It's a lot of fun and really helps me pass the time running, especially through a cold, dark winter with a lot of treadmill time. It helped me go from a barely-5K-er to a sub 2:00 half marathoner in like 3 months because it was such a help with consistency for me.

I ended up buying the new premium thing too just to support them because I use and enjoy it so much.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Mine has the adjustment available on my Android phone but it might only be an option on the paid version. Could that be the problem? I actually have the chases turned off for the most part but if I'm not training for a race I'll turn it on occasionally and have played with the frequency and speed settings for chases so I definitely know they're there and they work.

I've been using ZR! since the beginning, thanks to a recommendation from a friend. I took some time off from running a few years ago and used the 5K app to get back into it. I highly recommend that one, too. I'm almost to the end of Season 4 (I started over awhile ago) and I'm so glad Season 5 will be ready when I'm done with it.

I've run both of the virtual races, too, and loved them.

There's also a Zombies, Run! Facebook group if anyone is interested. It's a very active group.
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

Mine has the adjustment available on my Android phone but it might only be an option on the paid version. Could that be the problem? I actually have the chases turned off for the most part but if I'm not training for a race I'll turn it on occasionally and have played with the frequency and speed settings for chases so I definitely know they're there and they work.

I've been using ZR! since the beginning, thanks to a recommendation from a friend. I took some time off from running a few years ago and used the 5K app to get back into it. I highly recommend that one, too. I'm almost to the end of Season 4 (I started over awhile ago) and I'm so glad Season 5 will be ready when I'm done with it.

There's also a Zombies, Run! Facebook group if anyone is interested. It's a very active group.

Could be... I've only got up to season 3, so perhaps it's a season 4 on feature.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

Could be... I've only got up to season 3, so perhaps it's a season 4 on feature.

No, the app doesn't change and it worked in Season 3, too. Probably just the paid version has it. I went looking to see if I could find the answer to this but I don't have my phone with me and didn't see anything that said one way or the other on the website.
    joseph9 wrote: »
    I find the free model very confusing - if you don't subscribe, you can eventually unlock everything but the current season, right?

http://blog.zombiesrungame.com/post/118924432364/the-all-new-zombies-run-is-out-now-and

(I was part of the kickstarter way back when, but between phone OS changes and upgrades, now I'm just a free player.)

If you were a legacy player you have to have both the original paid version and the newer "free" version installed on your phone to get the legacy benefits. If you do that and then log in with your original login and password you should find that you get more features.