What is one thing or more that you don't bother tracking calories

Options
1235»

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Water, diet soda, tea with 0 calorie sweetener added, the DaVinci 0 calorie raspberry syrup I add to my hot cocoa, mustard, hot sauce and then spices. Everything else is recorded.

I wasn't tracking my artificial sweetener until
    I recently learned my zero calorie sweetner has .96 of 1 carb per packet. No big deal if you use 2 but I literally use 24 in my morning 6 cups of coffee. Almost 25 carbs and I'm on a carb restricted diet. Now I track them and am giving up my beloved blue packets for stevia which has no carbs. It pays to pay attention.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Plain green tea and most diet soda just isn't worth tracking for calories.
    Salad leaves I log only so I keep track of eating enough fruit and veg, not for the calories - there's usually something like 5 calories per portion.
    When I use the recipe builder for soups and stews, I got in the habit of logging all my dried herbs and spices as either paprika or garlic powder - let's say I've used 5 tablespoons of various herbs and spices - I'll just log 5 tablespoons of garlic powder. I hope nobody can see/ is trying to copy my recipes...
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    water, 0 calorie water flavor mixes, diet soda, anything labeled as a 0 calorie.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Brewed coffee has fairly puny levels of potassium. Maybe you saw the level in the whole beans?
    https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4255?fgcd=&manu=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=35&offset=&sort=&qlookup=coffee

We will disagree on what's "puny." For starters, what most people call a "cup of coffee" is usually 1.5-2 cups of measured liquid. So when I drink 3 "cups" of coffee per day, I'm actually taking in 4.5 8oz servings. Which translates to 558mg of potassium, or the equivalent of a medium (156g) banana.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I log everything, including water, because I am trying not to fool myself. I'm also one of those poor 1200 calorie people and I need to be dead-on accurate so I can find ways to eat more! I do not lose if I don't track really, really closely.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I used to only count carbs... that was for learning purposes. Now I just eat real low carb food and count nothing. There's no need :p
  • silvilunazul
    silvilunazul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't track black coffee or herbal tea. Very often I forget to track ketchup (I use the reduced sugar and salt variety) and mustard. When it comes to things like a few leaves of lettuce, spinach, few slices of pepper, or one tomato wedge, I just estimate or use generic measures, I don't weigh. I lost all the weight doing it like this, haha.
  • lsecula
    lsecula Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I should but don't log Dentyne Ice and gummy vitamins. I don't bother logging anything that has "zero" calories marked on the package: hot sauce, diet soda & iced tea...
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, black tea, herbs, spices. I weigh and track anything that has a calorie. I'm working on a few vanity pounds, so I find it's critical to be thorough, to maintain a deficit.
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello with a little bit of fat free cool whip.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I only skip out on water/ice
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I will never track food eaten while having a truly lovely time. Some days are meant to be enjoyed not analyzed.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    Cave_Goose wrote: »
    One reason to track coffee is for the potassium. I use to no be able to get enough potassium in a 1800 calorie diet. When I started tracking coffee, I discovered I was close to getting it. I just need to add a small sweet potato to my daily menu.

Brewed coffee has fairly puny levels of potassium. Maybe you saw the level in the whole beans?
    https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4255?fgcd=&manu=&lfacet=&format=&count=&max=35&offset=&sort=&qlookup=coffee

No to mention he is probably getting his potassium already. Since potassium is not required in nutritional information in Canada and the US, it means even high potassium foods often are listed as having zero potassium.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, salt. I only log it when my blood pressure is low (I have chronic low bp and suffer from vasal vagal syncope at times). I have a rather high sodium diet because of this so I rarely log what I put on my food. Only time I consciously go out of my way to log it is if I have to drink salt water (once every few months if my bp is dangerously low).
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Spices and hot sauce. That's about it. Oh and my vitamins.