40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options

Replies

• shonabardecki
    shonabardecki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, anyone have any suggestions on a good brand of "mom" jeans that don't cost a ton to get while my size decreases. Everything I have tried seems to be too low on my hips.

Lee rider jeans for women at Walmart, doesn't cost more than $25 a pair comfortable and forgiving pair.

If your up for it. .check the thrift stores.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I hit up JC Penny's last night and found a couple of pairs that did not cost a fortune and ordered a couple off of eBay. I figure WTH, if I am not going to wear them long who cares if they are used.
    I also bought a pair of size 6 to hang in my closet as to "goal" jeans. I don't think they will even go over my knees right now but I thought they would be good motivation. We will see.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • terry1067
    terry1067 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 48 with about 95lbs to lose. I have type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea. I have one 23 year old son. You can add me too for support and ecouragement! We can do this!
  • janewelshsoriente
    janewelshsoriente Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BexB42 wrote: »
    43, third real weight loss journey. I have over 100 pounds this time to shed, according to my doctor. I like to weigh 180-190. Right now, at 283 and holding, even with eating less and exercise 3x a week. Stepping it up now, hoping to lose at least 10% of my weight by my birthday in November. I am looking to add friends, even though I skip some days, I will be more diligent in the future. I am out of breath lately really quickly, NOT loving it. My boys both live with me, ages 24 and 15, and I have always put them first, but I am sinking... I need my own life raft to pull them onto!

I am in the same boat as you but have yo yo dieted for the last 20 years. its time to call time on this now though as I ballooned to a hefty 266 pounds. I am now 206 and want to lose another 40+ if I can but have been stuck for almost a year. I have now got stop punishing myself when I trip up and tell myself that this is just life and that I have to enjoy life too. I will reach my goal even if it takes the next 4 years but I will not be fat at 50!!!
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love catching up on all the new stories! Welcome everyone! Have a great and healthy weekend!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just found this post today! 41 with a 4 year old at home, needs to lose 50 pounds. I was on MFP a two years ago, lost 20 pounds but then hit a major bout of depression and gained most of it back. Started back this week, bought a bike to ride to and from work (40-50 mins round trip). Looking forward to loosing some weight. Please add me as I'm looking for new friends who are a similar age and have then same amount of weight to lose, alternatively you may see friend requests from me!!!!! (please accept!).
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi there, I am 46 and have lost 26 pounds so far with another 5-10 to go. I am one of those who has lost/gained/lost/gained/lost/gained over the span of my life. I find this is the best way for me to learn new habits and get the weight off. My challenge is to keep it off so I am really treating it this time as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I take each day at a time and rather than totally going off the wagon like I used to after a bad day, I start again and let it fuel me. I know this is a process, I am not perfect and learning a new pattern takes time and effort. Have compassion and see it as a journey. I think my biggest success this time was making it through thanksgiving and christmas without gaining weight but still enjoying myself-that was huge! so make sure you take time to see your progress and congratulate yourself when you have done well.
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I don't want this thread to get buried... Come back!
  • gillian_gillette
    gillian_gillette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Time to join! Time to do this! I'm recognizing so much of myself in many of your stories( weight piling on in my 30s due to stresses of life, etc, getting weight off successfully a few times) but since I turned 40, weight has been creeping on and with several surgeries and a car accident in the last three years my usual exercising that kept me fit before wasn't possible, so now I'm at the weight I was postpartum with my two heavy pregnancies! No more excuses, life is short! I joined MFP and started logging 20 days ago. No big losses yet, but no gains either. I have noticed that my protein levels are on the lower side, so I'm working on that this week as well as getting back into gentle exercise( so that I can be successful next week too
  • 40ishloser12
    40ishloser12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 48 yrs old. I've been off and on this journey for years as well. I weigh 180 lbs at 5ft6in. I would like to lose 30 to 40 lbs by the end of the summer. I tried to workout today and hurt my arm and leg. Maybe I should start out with a walking video and work my way up. Guess I am a little out of shape. I am married and 4 children one will be 30 at the end of the month . My youngest is 20. Also 4 grandchildren. I would like to be a part of this group as well
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Nice to see new faces! I'm making slow but steady progress. Can't wait for the weather to improve so its a bit nicer to walk outside.
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tried to send friends request to a few people but it kept going to a blank screen, so if anyone wants to be friends please send me a request
  • kminer3
    kminer3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining instead of losing. Got to buckle down!
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I actually want to lose about 70 pound so I could use all the support I can get please add me good luck to all with their Journey
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep those quotes coming SparkyMel!
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi 40 with over 50 to lose..any support welcomed
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also a single mom in my 40's and want to loose 20-25 lbs. My journey is similar to yours regarding bring fit & active in my 20's, doing the yo-yo thing in my 30's and now I have NO CLUE as to what's going on! The 40's have been a whole new set of challenges! But I'm ready to do something about it!
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love seeing all of the new posts! Welcome! Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So... checking in at the 20 pounds weight loss mark. Happy with what I have lost so far, but my initial goal is 56 pounds to lose. Feeling like a plateau is coming on so I am recommitting to daily logging and hope to interact with this group some more. I have been doing aquafit and walking for exercise and between that and the twenty pounds my arthritic knees are doing much better.