• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    What gets whiter the dirtier it gets?

chalkboard.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Voices without mouths, throats or lungs; they know no language, but answers all tongues. What am I?
  • runningneo122
    Options
    The number 8,549,176,320 is special and the only one of its kind. Can you determine what is so special about it?
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    Voices without mouths, throats or lungs; they know no language, but answers all tongues. What am I?

An echo.
  • bakebunny
    Options
    The number 8,549,176,320 is special and the only one of its kind. Can you determine what is so special about it?

The absolute value (the number without either a positive or negative value) between each digit is related to the sequence of pi? (8-5 = 3, 5-4 = 1 4- 9=5, etc.)
  • hroush
    Options

The absolute value (the number without either a positive or negative value) between each digit is related to the sequence of pi? (8-5 = 3, 5-4 = 1 4- 9=5, etc.)

No, Pi = 3.14159257... and since Pi is a never ending number, there would be an infinite number of numbers that would fit that pattern.

I couldn't wait for the answer, so I googled it :blushing:
  • runningneo122
    Options

Nope, try again.
  • bakebunny
    Options

All numerals are represented and in alphabetical order.
  • runningneo122
    Options

Correct
  • hroush
    Options

Correct

Not quite, all numbers zero through nine are here in alphabetical order. 854,917,632 is also in alphabetical order, but doesn't have zero.
  • runningneo122
    Options

Correct

Not quite, all numbers zero through nine are here in alphabetical order. 854,917,632 is also in alphabetical order, but doesn't have zero.
    So zero doesn't count? :noway:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Once spoken, it's broken...what is it?
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Once spoken, it's broken...what is it?
    Silence
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    what occurs once in a minute, twice in every moment, but not even once in a second?
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    what occurs once in a minute, twice in every moment, but not even once in a second?

The letter "M"....:tongue:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    yeah I know it was easy, but its the first thing I could think of to mark the thread so I could find it tomorrow. :laugh:
    I'm off to bed. Nighty night!:yawn:
  • timepatty
    timepatty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The poor have me
    The rich want me
    If you eat me, [eventually] you will die.
  • hroush
    Options

Correct

So zero doesn't count? :noway:

just saying that due to the qualification of the riddle (only one of its kind), one must say contains zero through nine. 854,917,632 would be the answer for 1 through 9.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The poor have me
    The rich want me
    If you eat me, [eventually] you will die.

Nothing
  • runningneo122
    Options
    A non-member wishes to enter a club, so he eavesdrops near the door to pick up the password. A member approaches and the doorman says, "Twelve." The member replies, "Six" and is granted entry. The next member approaches and the doorman says, "Six." The member replies, "Three" and passes by the doorman. The non-member thinking he has heard enough to gain entry approaches and the doorman says, "Ten." His reply of "Five" does not allow him entry. What should he have said and why?