Whole Food Plant Based

Options
Any other WFPB eaters out there?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I did it once for a day.
    No chocolate on this diet - forget that.
  • cinblog1965
    cinblog1965 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am about 70% of the time. Friday Saturday and Sunday evenings I eat with my husband and he won't switch to WFPB so we eat meat, processed foods and sweets. The whole evil spectrum. I started doing it about 2 months ago and am definitely far from perfect on it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My evening meal (not dinner!) is often vegan :D Just fruit, nuts and vegetables. Right now I'm having Packham pear, homemade almond butter, and cucumber.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and working hard on eating more whole foods more consistently. Feel free to send me a friend request!
    I would say I eat whole foods about 80% of the time
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm an often highly processed, plant based dieter, can't really help... but good luck.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I did it once for a day.

Why couldn't someone have some chocolate while eating WFPB?
  • Fluffernutz
    Fluffernutz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love WFPB! I'm still pretty new to it, but I have absolutely no complaints yet. It was an easy adjustment for me to make since I'm already a vegan and I did a pretty good job of avoiding processed foods anyway.

I just ordered the China Study and Rip Esselstyn's 2 books. I'm excited for those! I plan on adding so many recipes to my little WFPB cookbook!
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've been a vegan and WFPB for almost 3 years now. I lost weight on it initially without exercising. More importantly, the diet (plus specific herbs/supplements) also helped me get over chronic Epstein Barr virus that I had had for 10 years! I feel great!

Today I logged onto Fitness Pal for the first time in a long time so that I can keep track of my calories and exercising. I need to shed 25 more lbs and get stronger. I turned 60 on April 10th and feel the pressure of needing to do this now!! I want to get strong enough so that I feel comfortable rollerblading this summer. I used to LOVE to rollerblade.

• mizmichele
    mizmichele Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Any other WFPB eaters out there?

I follow a WFPB diet.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I did it once for a day.

As far as I know, WFPB is eating things that are unaltered, at least unaltered before you cook them. So eating chocolate wouldn't fit since it's a processed food. If you weren't strict you could, but someone who eats exclusively WFPB probably wouldn't eat it.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I did it once for a day.

As far as I know, WFPB is eating things that are unaltered, at least unaltered before you cook them. So eating chocolate wouldn't fit since it's a processed food. If you weren't strict you could, but someone who eats exclusively WFPB probably wouldn't eat it.

Isn't "Forks Over Knives" a WF diet? There are recipes with chocolate on that website. If you cut foods that have undergone any form of processing, you wind up with a very restricted diet.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    There's raw chocolate bars made with like 98.7% raw cacao, raw coconut butter, pink salt crystals, and like some turmeric to give it that fiery, artisanal flare.

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a level six vegan: I don't eat anything with a shadow. I also pocket mulch, which is exactly what it sounds like. Beat that!
  • Courtwag25
    Courtwag25 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    judydelo1 wrote: »
    I've been a vegan and WFPB for almost 3 years now. I lost weight on it initially without exercising. More importantly, the diet (plus specific herbs/supplements) also helped me get over chronic Epstein Barr virus that I had had for 10 years! I feel great!

Today I logged onto Fitness Pal for the first time in a long time so that I can keep track of my calories and exercising. I need to shed 25 more lbs and get stronger. I turned 60 on April 10th and feel the pressure of needing to do this now!! I want to get strong enough so that I feel comfortable rollerblading this summer.

My daughter has chronic EBV and NON Hodgkin's lymphoma I would love to know what you did to cure it???
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My mother in law had non Hodgkin's lymphoma and she took these special Chinese herbal teas from an herbalist and some vitamins and in time it went away
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    80% WFPB here
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Tried this for 3 weeks Feb/March, felt tired and irritable all the time, quit. I did my best to make sure I had good nutrition with no processed food. I don't know why I felt so miserable.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Tried this for 3 weeks Feb/March, felt tired and irritable all the time, quit. I did my best to make sure I had good nutrition with no processed food. I don't know why I felt so miserable.

If you were not eating any processed food, it's possible that you were not getting sufficient calories. Or maybe you were not getting enough fat or protein?