Apparently, I need friends on this thing...No Rockys Balboas, please!

2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    I won't judge your milkshake if you don't judge my 3 beers :)

That depends. What beer(s) are we talking about?
  • ashley_zb
    ashley_zb Posts: 5 Member
    I WANT the accountability of Brandy S. being able to see that I just ate 8 Oreos (sad but true). If my food diary isn't a secret, secret eating loses some of its power over me. I'd love to be your friend, to motivate each other and get healthy together.

I didn't know we could see our friends food journal. That's great !
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    shernan2 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, friends are great! Really, I have several of them already - a fact I try not to take for granted. I'm just a little confused as to how adding "friends" (a.k.a. strangers I don't know) will help motivate me towards achieving my goals. That's all. Also, it weirds me out a little bit that Brandy S. in Reno can see if I've overindulged in a milkshake last Friday night (no offense to any Brandy S.'s. That was purely hypothetical. Also, I did not partake in a milkshake!)

That being said, I want to give this my all and am willing to search for positive and supportive persons who would like a little extra help along their own fitness journey. I have been going 15 days strong on MFP (Woohoo!) and finally decided to introduce myself because all of the blog tips were promising stronger results if I added "friends". Since none of my friends care to be healthy, and my husband is one of those despised mortals who can eat all the carbs he wants and never gain an ounce of fat, I decided to say hello.

If you are a positive individual who promises not to razz on me like Rocky's trainer (what was that old guy's name?) and you'd like to be friends, please add me! BUT, if you are super hard core and one of those unfortunate types who spends two hours staring at your biceps every morning in the mirror, please forget my name. We would not jive.

Also, if you read all of this...well, then, you deserve a sticker, don't you?

Nice to meet you all!

lol, you cracked me up. Sounds like my kind of friend. If you're into having a friend who's got a long road ahead of her so she must incorporate an ice cream cone here and there then i'm your girl. Congrats on being on MFP for 15 days. Every day is a total triumph and some days are easier than others. I think building friends on here is about watching each other's progress and letting that remind us that we can do it too.
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2016
    mmmmm milkshake .... mmmmmm beeer..... mmmmmm hamburger.... mmmmmmm ice cream
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    I eat ice cream and I can be a good friend... If your looking for friends who are fun and supportive I'm just a request friend click away

lol i said the same thing. Friends that eat ice cream are the best.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    kcongel90 wrote: »
    My husband is a similar type of person. He LOST weight after Christmas, that *kitten*.

My only question is why is there "kitten" all over the boards. Then I went to quote it and it shows me the real word! Lol.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    You should friend me! I have great days, and days where Thin Mints rule. I also appreciate good humor!
  • kcongel90
    kcongel90 Posts: 95 Member
    kcongel90 wrote: »
    My husband is a similar type of person. He LOST weight after Christmas, that *kitten*.

My only question is why is there "kitten" all over the boards. Then I went to quote it and it shows me the real word! Lol.

Because I talk like a sailor haha
  • kcongel90
    kcongel90 Posts: 95 Member
    KAYRRIE- YOU HAVE THE CUTEST PUPPY OMG
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    This was a fun thread in my lunch hour.
    Kayrrie really does have a cute puppy
    I won't badmouth thin mints or beers if they are consumed seperately - otherwise be warned
    I won't badger like Mickey did as Rocky's trainer in Rocky
    I forgot the milkshake and burger - damn - that sounds better than thin mints and beer.
    I like bourbon - a lot.
    Add me if you want.
    Cheers!
  • JenGigglesGray
    JenGigglesGray Posts: 6 Member
    I would love to find supporting friends also but I also seem to have issue figuring out how to unless they send a request.

I have rejoined MFP almost a year ago now. I've lost 40lbs so far and would like to loss a total of 30 more.

My goal is to be a healthier me. I'm not into caring if I'm skinny however I had put on way to much over the years. Also my cholesterol and blood pressure are up ( got down a little bit.)

I'm in my late 40's. Have hit the "wonderful " ( not) M for women. I'm married, a mom of grown children and a grandmother.
    I have a few physical obstacles at make some exercises a challenge so I do what I can. ( previously had back surgery and this year learned I have arthritis in knees and some in back) .

Oh yes, I'm not on any strict diet. If I want a treat well I'll have one however I've learned portion control and I record every bite I eat so I take account for. Sorry I'm a food stress eater, I'm just learning and working on healthier foods instead of a pint of ice cream or bag of chips or candy bar. However if I need a treat it's now a serving size per package.
    Grocery store checking out is my biggest enemy, they don't just put treats on one side anymore. No no it's on both so you can't even turn around and not look at Urgh!!!

I will return the favor by supporting you on your journey.

I do have a few MFP friends who have found me and are wonderful. I've had a few friends join me that seem to not be here anymore.

If you ask me questions I'll answer your questions.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I'm glad this thread got bumped up or I would have missed it. Although it seems some people haven't been active for months!! I rather enjoyed the comments and read through them all.

I believe that no one should completely cut their favorite foods/drinks. If you want a beer with dinner on a Friday night, have one! If you want mint chocolate chip ice cream, have some! It's all about moderation. The key is logging it. There is no way I could give up 5 Guys burgers and will log it every time I have one.

I have my diary open to friends. Do I feel bad completing my food diary when I log that I ate a snickers bar? Not one bit!! I want people to see that being human and slipping up once in a while is perfectly fine!!!