Need help with breakfast that fulfilling and low calories like under 200

Options
124»

Replies

• GoneGirlGone
    GoneGirlGone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I honestly eat 2 cups of chopped romaine at every meal.
    At breakfast I top it with 1/4 low fat muesli or granola and one cup of fruit. Typically use thawed frozen fruit which I store in one cup containers in the fridge. The juice from the thawed fruit is a simple local dressing, has enough flavor, and moistens the muesli just enough. I also eat a high protein plain yogurt.
    This breakfast is easy to prepare and FILLS me up.
    At lunch I do the same thing, 2 cups of chopped romaine, 1 cup of cooked (from frozen) veg, 1 tablespoon of kraft low fat grated Parmesan, and 2 tsp of real bacon bits. I add a chopped boiled egg almost every day.
    If I get hungry at 3 pm or so, I grab a high protein flavored yogurt to get me through.
    Works for me, I'm getting the healthy protein, fruits and veg I need, running good calorie counts, and I'm not hungry before the next meal.
    Kind of boring, but I am so bored of these last 15 pounds! They have to go and they are!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For only 200 cals, I'd be having two eggs with either some Canadian bacon or veggies to round it out for a filling breakfast. But then, I don't have an issue in the morning. If I really wanted to be sure I wasn't hungry until lunch, I'd skip breakfast completely. Eating early always makes me hungrier for the rest of the day.

FYI, the Dave's Killer bread is really good and they make a thin sliced version. The thin slices are 60/70 cals per slice instead of twice that amount in the regular.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you want a filling breakfast, try 6 egg whites (102) some veggies scrambles in (20), a half ounce of low fat cheddar (35) and a banana (90) a good fulfilling breakfast for about 250 calories. And plenty of protein. Or could even add in a turkey breakfast sausage for another 33 calories.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like to break mine out into two meals so they are generally around 200 calories, but if you just ate one, I would imagine 350-400 should be fine.

ii3vrw8fc7gk.png
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you *can* eat 1200 calories and make 200 of those breakfast, but if that is not sustainable for you, it will probably burn you out. If mfp sets your calories higher, why would you not eat more if you can and still lose? I could eat 1200 calories and I would successfully lose weight, but I would be hungry and grumpy. I eat around 1600 right now (I am fairly sedentary with a foot injury so I am only doing minimal lifting and walking) and am still losing around 0.5 pound per week. When I am healed, I will go back to around 2000 per day with my more active lifestyle and will continue to lose. The name of the game for me is making good choices for food (with some treats thrown in for fun) and eating as much as I possibly can while still meeting my goals. It's way more fun to eat a breakfast that I love, stay full on for as long as I need to, and not get hungry or sad about what I am limited to.

That being said, eggs with veggies, smoothies, and avocado toast (on fiber english muffin) are good options for lower calories with staying power. A nice treat is half a sweet potato with a tbs or 2 of almond butter melted on top.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm happier with a large breakfast. Remember, the journey doesn't end once you've lost the weight, maintenance will be a challenge as well so it makes sense to make choices now that will be sustainable for you in the long term.

With that said, if you're looking for a satiating lower calorie breakfast option;
    30-40 grams oats cooked in water
    1 egg fried in 5 grams butter
    salt/pepper/herbs to taste

This will be around 250-280ish calories and (for me anyway) is a good balance of fat, carbs, protein to keep me satisfied. I eat it altogether, with the egg on top of the oats.

It's my go to when I'm trying to save calories for a larger meal later or a night out drinking ;)

Good luck to you.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Egg White omelette with a bit of cheese and vegetables or mushrooms.

I buy the "egg beaters" brand in a carton. Then just chop up vegetables, sautee them in coconut oil, measure out the eggs, pour them in, flip, cheese, eat.
  • TerynAshley
    TerynAshley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 packs of 100 Calorie Cinnamon Roll Oatfit Oatmeal most days plus coffee and it keeps me full for at least 3 hrs.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat a Balance bar for breakfast every morning. 200 calories. I eat it over the course of 10-15 minutes - one small bite every 2-3 minutes while I log in and check emails at work first thing in the morning.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal (150 calories) with light almond/coconut milk (35 calories) and swerve sweetner or truvia and also Jiff peanut butter powder (1tbs). Very yummy and add a banana or 1/2 of one. So good and I sometimes add a tsp of cocoa powder too.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have egg whites and toast each morning. But on weekends, I make big egg frittatas and make French toast waffles to reheat during the week with sourdough rye or a wheat bread. If I do the egg white frittata and one or two slices of French toast waffles, it's usually around a 300 calorie breakfast and I feel full until lunch time .. Feel free to message me if you'd like the recipes. :smile:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Breakfast under 200 calories isn't breakfast for me. It's a big coffee with milk in it. I need at least 400 calories for breakfast. Maybe 1200 calories is too low? Doesn't leave much wiggle room.
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat small potatoes for breakfast sometimes...I know it sounds crazy but it's 150 calories with a little butter and cheese. I even put salsa on it sometimes. It's filling and tastes great. All though I am one of those people that can eat anything for breakfast
  • mndimichele
    mndimichele Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a 190-200 calories Slim Fast Shake every morning. They taste great chilled over ice.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I eat small potatoes for breakfast sometimes...I know it sounds crazy but it's 150 calories with a little butter and cheese. I even put salsa on it sometimes. It's filling and tastes great. All though I am one of those people that can eat anything for breakfast

When I was pregnant I had hash browns with salsa for breakfast every morning. I still love it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This week I've been hooked on eating Ore-ida potatoes O'brien and 2 scrambled eggs (1 egg/1 eggwhite). They are around 360 calories when eaten together. You can probably minus the butter (which I use) and use a spray on the pan and have less calories. I think the butter I use is 100 cals.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a breakfast smoothie in the morning it keeps me full for about 3 hours. Especially if i drink it slowly i take it with me and just drink it within 30 minutes. Eating too fast can cause you to get hingry faster. But my smoothie is under 200 cal and has plenty of natural sugars and veggies that you cant really taste. Other than that i love egg whites with chopped up cooked turkey bacon and some spinach in it with a glass of almond milk. Ill have a half a bagel with a half serving of cream cheese with sliced strawberries.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito:
    1 serving egg white=25cals.
    Ole Brand High Fiber Tortilla= 50cals.
    Farmer John Ham 2oz - 50cals - or any meat of choice that is low calorie
    Kraft Fat Fee cheddar cheese slice= 25cals
    Total breakfast burrito = 150cals.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake for breakfast. It's quick and high in protein, low in calories. It's really versatile depending on what I'm feeling. I'll add a banana or spinach, or just do the mix with pb2 in the blender. Add water or almond milk and ice.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    PLEASE stop listening to your trainer. Trainers are not dietitians.

And remember that you're supposed to eat back exercise calories too. If you're not, that's a deficit way too big for your size, and it's not going to be healthy, and even less sustainable.

This. I'd fire the trainer and go by the number MFP sets for you. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for frustration and failure.