Replies

• Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I think it's mostly about confidence. But being fit helps, skin tone makes a big difference too.

what difference does skin tone make, again?

Blotchy, pimply skin is unattractive. Clear skin with an even tone is more attractive. IMO of course.

Oh, thank you for clearing that up. I forgot your opinion on what is attractive vs not was what decided who wears a bikini or not.

When did I say that people I don't find attractive shouldn't wear bikinis?

The OP was asking what was necessary for a bikini body. She specifically used the word necessary. Do you believe that it's necessary to have the things you've described in order to wear a bikini? Because that's how I and others seem to be reading your comments.

Actually she asked what was necessary for a good bikini body.

All that is necessary to wear a bikini is a bikini.

Having a good bikini body on the other hand... takes a little bit more than that. Just like any item of clothing.

EDIT: and by good I assume she means attractive, so I gave my view on what makes a woman in a bikini attractive to me.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Allow me to paraphrase Justice Potter Stewart:

I may not be able to define a good bikini body, but I know one when I see one. ;-)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But let the girl own her own body and decide.
  • Jams009
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    The question was though "how do YOU define..." they gave their definitions. I'd rather see a fit guy in a Speedo...just my opinion

This.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Amazingly I define a bikini body as one on which a bikini fits.....and equally amazingly they make bikinis in my size, therefore I have a bikini body. (And I wear a size 20 before anyone cares to guess). Though I do prefer a high waisted bottom for my own comfort.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    For me they look best when they are slim and trim.. You do not have to have a six pack to impress me but definitely no jelly rolls or muffin tops and thunder thighs.

Also this is just a general public service announcement ... If you have had 6 kids then maybe, just maybe a 2 piece bikini is not for you ... same goes for yoga pants.. not for everyone.

Also a general service announcement... If you have no muscles refrain from wearing muscle shirts... Thank you for your attention.
  • Jams009
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    For me they look best when they are slim and trim.. You do not have to have a six pack to impress me but definitely no jelly rolls or muffin tops and thunder thighs.

Also this is just a general public service announcement ... If you have had 6 kids then maybe, just maybe a 2 piece bikini is not for you ... same goes for yoga pants.. not for everyone.

Also a general service announcement... If you have no muscles refrain from wearing muscle shirts... Thank you for your attention.

How dare you... he can wear what he wants...

Whether he looks good in it is another matter.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP I will wear a bikini when I feel I look good enough and I feel comfortable enough. That is the only opinion that matters. Should be same for everyone IMHO, someone might look at me and think dang she shouldn't be wearing that but as long as they don't open their mouth and say it to me they won't get sand kicked in their face.
  • spicy618
    Options

lol. I dared.. so there.
  • Jams009
    Options

lol. I dared.. so there.

It was an eye for an eye.
  • Jams009
    Options
    I think it's mostly about confidence. But being fit helps, skin tone makes a big difference too.

what difference does skin tone make, again?

Blotchy, pimply skin is unattractive. Clear skin with an even tone is more attractive. IMO of course.

@Jams009 My mother has autoimmune problems and a variety of skin allergies which have, unfortunately, left her with scar tissue over most of her body. You would not believe the amount of crap she takes from other sunbathers on a beach, whether she wears a bikini or a one piece. People should not be required or asked to cover their blemishes. We all have them. Every one of us. The sun does my mother's body good and helps to clear some of her issues up. You're suggesting that she (and others) should cover up because others find her unattractive?

And by the way I'm very sorry to hear that. It must be awful for her and people should mind their own business.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    For you @_incogNEATo_
    Cameltoe_zpse76cd4c5.jpg
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Funny how all the straight ladies here are trying to redefine what's attractive and what's not.

dafuq? :huh:
  • spicy618
    Options
    Funny how all the straight ladies here are trying to redefine what's attractive and what's not.

Okey Dokey.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. If the wearer is comfortable enough to wear it, good for them.
  • Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Funny how you think anyone should give 2 fukks what you personally define as "attractive".
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I appreciate this thread and it's comments
    (Well most of the comments, not all...LOL)
    I have been on MFP for almost a year (I'm on day #359) and have lost 28 pounds and have been successful in keeping it off.
    However, when I look in the mirror I'm still not happy.
    I still see some flabby parts - Belly, Butt, Thighs... that, though still VERY MUCH improved, make me feel "sad".
    I feel like all the work I put it doesn't totally reflect in the body I have.
    Funny thing is this is the first time ever I have felt like I SHOULDNT wear a bikini.
    I have worn them all my life even though I was heavy and less "defined" but now I feel that my body in a bikini is represents a failure to my hard work.
    When I was heavier I thought: "well yeah I (may) look bad but I don't do anything about it so it's to be expected".
    Now I feel like: "I work so hard, why do I still not 'look as good' as I should".

BTW - I'm 40, 5'1, and average a weight range of about 98-101* pounds
    I have had 2 children but they are both older (14 and 21)
    *the lowest weight I got was 97.something and it didn't do much as far as making me look thinner/more defined and I thought that it was too low, as-in starting to slip into the "danger-zone" as far as losing weight goes.