How do you stay within your cal limit while socializing??

Options
13»

Replies

• jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    If I know I'm going out, I eat lighter throughout the day and save for the calories I'll be eating later. I also try to order a healthier option, most restaurants have many things that won't blow the calorie bank. I think being open about your weight loss helps in these situations because your friends are a little more understanding and will understand if you can't indulge with them. :smile:
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You can ask for your salad to be brought out with the appetizers so you can eat that while everyone else eats the appetizer. My fam & friends are just used to me being the weird one I guess
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If my willpower wavers when it comes to food (and it does! Warm bread?! Puh-lease....I cannot say no) then I need to step up when it comes to exercise
    Easy Peasy.
    Sometimes....the warm bread is totally worth the time I'm going to have to spend swimming laps or sweating on an elliptical....and sometimes before I reach for the bread, I do the calculation in my head. What?! 47 bazillion hours on the rowing machine?!
    No thanks, I'm allergic to bread
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    SWellz wrote: »
    I save my calories for the alcohol :wink:

This
  • mrspaws91
    mrspaws91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    -Eat lighter throughout the day and/or add extra exercise so you have some calories to use without going too far over budget.
    -Order a lower calorie appetizer in addition to the high calorie ones your friends are ordering
    -Instead of waiting until you can't stand it any longer (which you admit doesn't work so well), take a small portion right off the bat. Force yourself to eat slowly and mindfully so you don't over indulge.