Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Escalators. I don't even know.
  • TimarieS
    TimarieS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Elevators! I got stuck in one during my freshmen orientation at Eastern Mich Univ, and ever since I have avoided them at all costs! I have walked many stairs because of this fear, which I guess isn't al bad!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I thought that you guys might want to look at this website.:blushing:
    http://phobialist.com/

My fear is any animal that has a see-through body, like squids where you can see all thier internal organs and stuff. *shiver*:sick:
    Oh and i hate being touched by other people, and meeting new people, and new places and situations and...
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love airplanes! <3

Afraid of ants the size of quarters, though.
    Saw one at work today.
    I've been scratching ever since.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    fear of throwing up.
    No joke. I go through great lengths not to vomit..and it I do I pretty much have a panic attack and cry...a lot ...>///>

THIS! I totally know how you feel. If I feel like I might throw up, I can't even sleep because I'm petrified I might wake up vomiting! I totally panic over it!

Also, spiders, drowning, being buried alive, suffocation in general...
  • MimbulusMimbletonia
    Options
    I have mottephobia - A severe phobia of moths. Just thinking about them freaks me out...
  • just_silk
    just_silk Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Things I imagine are in the dark.

Not the dark itself, but I have a super active imagination and as soon as the lights go out (all the way out mind you) I will think something up to fill the space. Quite often GH will listen for me running back to the living room when I turn the light off in the hall too soon.

Also an irrational fear of falling face first down stone stairs. Has never happened but every time I go down some I think of it.
  • nalopez
    nalopez Posts: 39
    Options
    Moths. I literally have panic attacks if I am near them. Butterflies still kind of creep me out as well, but not as badly as moths.

Oh that's horrible, because they tend to clumsily knock in to whatever is in the vicinity.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dentists, spiders/bees, falling or tripping in front of people and vomiting *shiverssss down my spine***
  • nalopez
    nalopez Posts: 39
    Options
    I can cuddle a snake while watching someone vomit in a mixed swarm of bees/moths BUT if I were standing on a 10ft ledge above a group of Tea Partiers with a spider anywhere close....PANIC!
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    Heights. Legs go to jelly and that's it, I'm stuck there lol
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any debilitating fears. Closest thing is heights. I really don't like heights, but it's not to the point I have a panic attack
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Knives. I can't be in a kitchen with someone when they are using them or I'll have a panic attack. I automatically think it'll somehow stab me and practically feel the pain of it. Same thing with people pretending things are knives and trying to 'stab' me. I've gone into fits of crying and near hyperventilating when these things happen.

Just curious-- is it o.k. if you're the one holding the knife, or do you have to avoid them altogether?

I have a fear of tsunamis. I've never been anywhere near a real one, but I live on the U.S. East Coast so it *could* happen. I have nightmares about them.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    No fears per say but i am a little closterphobic. I hate being in a big crowd of people where you don't have any space. It's worse since I have kids as you have a stroller to manuever and 2 older kiddos to keep up with, makes you feel hemmed in...I hate that.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Knives. I can't be in a kitchen with someone when they are using them or I'll have a panic attack. I automatically think it'll somehow stab me and practically feel the pain of it. Same thing with people pretending things are knives and trying to 'stab' me. I've gone into fits of crying and near hyperventilating when these things happen.

Just curious-- is it o.k. if you're the one holding the knife, or do you have to avoid them altogether?

I have a fear of tsunamis. I've never been anywhere near a real one, but I live on the U.S. East Coast so it *could* happen. I have nightmares about them.

I can hold knives myself just fine and cut things and everything. I'm not even afraid of being poked with a needle! It's just knives.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Indoor malls. I get flu symptoms in them. Big conventions? Fine. Crowded bars? Fine. Something about an indoor mall makes me ill. I really try to avoid them.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Heights... and I mean 3 steps up on a ladder. Vomitting. And being abducted and tortured.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Rodents(being a "dude" this is especially embarrasing). I also don't like standing on or near ledges. I don't mind flying, however. Go figure.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Losing muscle...

You may think it's a joke but it's seriously a problem. I have a horrific toothache right now that I won't take an anti-inflammatory for because it impairs muscle growth. Rofl.
  • shadowstar240
    Options
    Water in my face. Swimming's a nightmare! I just can't submerge so I look a total prat trying to keep my head above water lol.