Some Important food selection tips! (In my opinion)

Options
2»

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Huh, slowly killing yourself with juice?

Hope you realize how very little credibility you earn with that statement alone. No one has died from drinking juice every day. Literally no one.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Whoops. Just finished my morning orange juice.

Can I at least put off the dying until the end of the day? I feel like it'd be a total waste if that evil sugar did me in before I got to the end of the week.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Huh, slowly killing yourself with juice?

Hope you realize how very little credibility you earn with that statement alone. No one has died from drinking juice every day. Literally no one.

Well actually, everyone who drinks fruit juice dies. Then again, so does everyone who drinks water. *winky face*

I must say, OP is quite dazzling with his backpedalling skillz.
    0882520425eca1b586265b1ebece108d.500x281x102.gif

You could see it as backpedalling... I just see it as me realizing that I, however well intentioned, posted something that was over-simplified and was able to realize how I was wrong once some people called me out on it...

But I do appreciate the compliment! Thanks!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - are you starting to wish you never bothered rickyll?!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    <----wandered into the wrong show. I was looking for the Oreo show.
  • rickyll
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »

haha no I'm glad I was called out on what I did wrong.
    My statements were over-simplified but I still hope that people realize that excessive sugar is not good for you and it can be very easy to over-do it. A simple google search of the effects of sugar on the body will drive my point far enough.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh OP. Is this a Friday thread?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Moderation is what worked for me.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    rickyll wrote: »

My statements were over-simplified but I still hope that people realize that excessive sugar is not good for you and it can be very easy to over-do it. A simple google search of the effects of sugar on the body will drive my point far enough.

Too much of ANYTHING is bad for you.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fruit juice if it is part of a balanced diet.

I like a glass of juice...or to mix with sparkling water. Of course a whole fruit is "better" but the problem is that countless fruits that I like are not even remotely flavourful when they get here....while the fruit for juices us picked fresh (or at least closer to ripe) so it tastes 10x better.

As for labels....don't recall seeing labels on my fruits, vegetables or meats :-) maybe that should be more of a focus...
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Even too much moderation. Because every single person who has practiced moderation
    Has
    DIED! !!
  • rickyll
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Even too much moderation. Because every single person who has practiced moderation
    Has
    DIED! !!

haha fantastic