Keto review (3 days in)

Options
Keto Diet Review (3days in) :

Not able to visually separate food proportionately through the day. Amount of food looks to be way less than the number of calories. But, there's a catch. Though it looks less, it keeps me full throughout. No food cravings as such.

Mood is fine. Rather feeling highly positive and confidant. It's maybe because I'm already habituated to very low sugar diet. Hence, not having withdrawal symptoms.

Coming to the most important question pertaining to the diet. Is it effective?
It's maybe too soon to to be talking about the result, but yes, results are already highly evident. Abs are gaining visibility. Feeling very light. Fatloss is visible and it feels magical. Will get tested for body fat tomorrow to get a better picture of the fat loss.

Lets see how long keto takes to take me to sub 10% body fat.
Will keep updating.

Replies

• socrmommy
    socrmommy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I both started 3 days ago and feel amazing and not hungry! So far we are in love and have both noticed difference in energy.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm a few months in at this point, and have found numerous health benefits.

Be sure you're getting enough electrolytes!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes I was initially surprised at the food size but the fullness I felt eating it. I have also realised that there really IS much satisfaction gained from eating lots of fat (from a lifelong low fat follower) I also swear I am a lot calmer.. and so do the people around me - ha ha!
  • babyblue13077
    babyblue13077 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to start keto? I am on a 1100-1200 calorie diet right now. Do I eat only those calories with less than 20 net carbs? Add me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @babyblue13077 Do some research on google and join the low carb group here, read the launchpad. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

The majority of ketoers set their macros as 5-10% carbs 60-70% fat and the rest protein
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to start keto? I am on a 1100-1200 calorie diet right now. Do I eat only those calories with less than 20 net carbs? Add me!

I do 5% carbs (net) 75% fat and 20% protein... but you can get into ketosis by eating upto about 50g carbs.. some people just prefer to do the "optimal ketosis" which would be 20g - but no need to do that if you feel you would like to eat more.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Keto Diet Review (3days in) :

Not able to visually separate food proportionately through the day. Amount of food looks to be way less than the number of calories. But, there's a catch. Though it looks less, it keeps me full throughout. No food cravings as such.

Mood is fine. Rather feeling highly positive and confidant. It's maybe because I'm already habituated to very low sugar diet. Hence, not having withdrawal symptoms.

Coming to the most important question pertaining to the diet. Is it effective?
    It's maybe too soon to to be talking about the result, but yes, results are already highly evident. Abs are gaining visibility. Feeling very light. Fatloss is visible and it feels magical. Will get tested for body fat tomorrow to get a better picture of the fat loss.

Lets see how long keto takes to take me to sub 10% body fat.
    Will keep updating.

Visible fat loss in 3 days? Yeah, no.