Low Carb Low Fat ice cream please

Options
ralostaz2000
ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
Hi...anyone knows a recipe for the mentione sweet staff above? Low caeb low fat ice cream pleaseee?

I've tried sone and it all suck...any suggestions?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried greek yogurt w/ fruit?
    Consider it? It could take care of that craving.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Halo top ice cream!
  • TheresaLisaJulieJean
    TheresaLisaJulieJean Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Frozen lite whipped cream is 10 cals/tbsp. That's 160 cals/cup and when it's frozen it has an ice cream texture.

I like to heat up a 90 calorie fiber one brownie and top it with 2 tbsp of frozen whipped cream for 110 calories...mmmmmmmmmmm
  • keena82016
    keena82016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried .....
    1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, ,1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt. Mix all in a food processor. It's delicious soft ice cream. I love ice cream and this settles my sweet tooth! Enjoy!!!
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    Frozen lite whipped cream is 10 cals/tbsp. That's 160 cals/cup and when it's frozen it has an ice cream texture.

I like to heat up a 90 calorie fiber one brownie and top it with 2 tbsp of frozen whipped cream for 110 calories...mmmmmmmmmmm

I'll try look for lite whipping cream today amd give it a try. I tried to freeze greel yogurt but it forms crystals instead of ice cream texture

• ralostaz2000
    Options
    keena82016 wrote: »
    Have you tried .....
    1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, ,1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt. Mix all in a food processor. It's delicious soft ice cream. I love ice cream and this settles my sweet tooth! Enjoy!!!
    Looks aweseome...I'll try it ..have u tried to freeze it?
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like to blend a large frozen banana with other stuff, depending on my mood. Sometimes it's a little peanut butter, sometimes some cocoa powder, sometimes some berries. The frozen banana gives it a soft ice cream consistency. You have to add a bit of milk ( vanilla almond milk is great) to get everything to mix well.
    ETA: Cut your banana into chunks and then put into a zip-loc baggie before you freeze it. Best to use a very ripe or over-ripe banana- they are sweeter.
  • samdavison100
    samdavison100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About 15 ice cubes
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1 cup of milk (I use almond)
    1 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
    Sweetener of choice

Put in everything in a blender and you have yourself some protein ice cream
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    Heyyy dieters...thanks for ur suggestions. ..
    I made one today:
    150gm frozen Banana
    100ml strained skimmed yogurt
    100ml whipping cream
    Vanillia powder

This yielded 180gms of final product after freezing with 480 total Calroies. ..

i know it's too much of a total calories but because I didn't have a low fat whipping cream...I'll not eat that much of it..but I gave a try and it was sooo delicious... will look for low fat whipping cream and go for another run
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Heyyy dieters...thanks for ur suggestions. ..
    I made one today:
    150gm frozen Banana
    100ml strained skimmed yogurt
    100ml whipping cream
    Vanillia powder

This yielded 180gms of final product after freezing with 480 total Calroies. ..

i know it's too much of a total calories but because I didn't have a low fat whipping cream...I'll not eat that much of it..but I gave a try and it was sooo delicious... will look for low fat whipping cream and go for another run

A serving size of Gelato is less than half the cals, I will just stick with that...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I never thought Id say this, but the new Arctic Zero snickerdoodle and brownie blast flavours are pretty fuccing good for 300 cals a pint
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    what I've been doing recently is take one of my protein powders, mix it with a tiny bit of water.. until its semi thick... and throw it in the freezer for 2 hours or so. it comes out as an Italian ice consistency.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    Halo top ice cream!

+1 on this
    Kills artic zero
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I'll try look for lite whipping cream today amd give it a try. I tried to freeze greek yogurt but it forms crystals instead of ice cream texture

Ice cream gets part of it's creamy texture from air. Ice cream makers will continuously blend the ingredients while freezing it.
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To get a creamy texture you'll have to either buy an ice cream maker or be at home all dah to manually churn the ice cream every couple of hours ..! :/ alternatively you can freeze skim milk, greek yoghurt and flavouring ( such as vanilla or caramel essence or a banana or cocoa powder or berries or peanut butter ) and then blend it before serving :)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Fruit sorbet?
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Whip natural peanut butter and lite whipped cream together. Drop rounded Tablespoons on cookie sheet. Freeze. After frozen transfer to a baggie to keep in freezer. Nice little treat you can grab now and then. I think it's 1/2 cup of PB to a tub of whipped cream.
  • cheriegirard
    cheriegirard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    this is a smoothie but you could freeze it ... but i tell you what it's heavenly...

Cinnamon Roll Smoothie

Recipe type: Drinks
    Serves: 1
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup almond milk
    • 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
    • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
    • ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 4 teaspoons sweetener
    • 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
    • 1 cup ice
    Instructions
    1. Pour all ingredients in blender, add ice last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until completely blended and thickened.
    Notes
    Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 1 serving)
    Protein 26.50g, Cals 145, Fat 3.25g, Carbs 1.60g, Fiber 1.10g — NET CARBS: 0.60g

• ralostaz2000
    Options
    this is a smoothie but you could freeze it ... but i tell you what it's heavenly...

Cinnamon Roll Smoothie

Recipe type: Drinks
    Serves: 1
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup almond milk
    • 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
    • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
    • ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 4 teaspoons sweetener
    • 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
    • 1 cup ice
    Instructions
    1. Pour all ingredients in blender, add ice last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until completely blended and thickened.
    Notes
    Serving size: 1 serving (Total recipe makes 1 serving)
    Protein 26.50g, Cals 145, Fat 3.25g, Carbs 1.60g, Fiber 1.10g — NET CARBS: 0.60g
    awesome Macros