Poop and weight loss

Options
tjsims88
tjsims88 Posts: 45 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Disgusting I know but I've been in a plateau for two weeks. I also haven't had a BM in two weeks. I'm thinking there's a connection :s

Replies

• AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow really?? I'd be taking a laxative by now...that's just not right.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Try taking milk of mag that helps me along with benfiber and stool softners and i suffer with cronic constipation for years if that doesnt help go see your doctor to make sure you dont have a blockage
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    tjsims88 wrote: »
    Disgusting I know but I've been in a plateau for two weeks. I also haven't had a BM in two weeks. I'm thinking there's a connection :s

Wow, two weeks is not good. Are you not eating enough food? Please give your doctor a call. In the meantime get some prune juice and drink on an empty stomach.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Please contact your doctor or go to a walk in clinic. Two weeks is more than one week too long.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

You must be feeling seriously uncomfortable by now and I agree you should be seeing a doctor.
    In the meantime (from someone who has been in that position more than once thanks to a medical condition + codeine) there are a few things you can try. First fresh orange juice or even better several oranges, I find they sometimes help. A warm bath also helps relax things, because just the knowing how much it's going to hurt when you do go will make you tense and less likely to go.

Then there are the laxatives, you're going to want to use both a softener and irritant. Have you tried chewing on a liquorish root? That can help. When pregnant I drink a glass of prune juice a day, which can help. Drink lots and lots of water, a glass an hour if you can manage it and walk around, just the moving around is sometimes enough for me. Walk around the house (not too far from the toilet) for 15mins every hour. Once you are on the toilet have a step or something to put your feet on so that you're in the optimal position, sometimes I actually need to stand and squat as if I'm in labour, but Western toilets are not ideally designed for anyone with constipation issues.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Take milk of magnesia and then a glass of warm prune juice. The nurses at my husband's hospital call it "the bomb". I had the same issue six months ago and it helped. Or you can have a GI doc give you a colonoscopy prep. That also works.
  • mohammadnasser319
    mohammadnasser319 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat more viper and go for running
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you are going through. You must be so uncomfortable. I have struggled with severe constipation from different medications I had taken in the past, and a slow digestive track so I feel your pain. I have found that magnesium citrate vitamin pills work great, and are fairly safe. It acts as an osmotic laxative, drawing water into your colon to move things along. You can also take them regularly and they won't injure your track like stimulate laxatives such as senna, and many of the other OTC laxatives.

You're at a point where you should consider seeing a doctor if you've already tried other things. If not, while you are going through this reduce your fiber intake (it just adds more bulk which isn't beneficial while constipated), and increase your water consumption. You may also consider an enema, as you need to get this resolved.

If you go to much longer without a movement you could end up having some serious damage done to your track. Personally, if it had been two weeks and I hadn't gone I would see a doctor ASAP.
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A couple to tablespoons of Castor Oil or Cod Liver Oil!!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if you really haven't had a BM in two weeks, best get medical help quickly - you can have some serious and scary health problems.

since every bit of food you've eaten plus all the food parts of anything like protein drinks are still inside you. that's pounds of stuff. so of course, that's going to add to your scale weight.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat? Fat is really necessary for a good digestions. Are you drinking enough? Other than that what the others have said: go and see a doctor now.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Two weeks without a bm is not good! Please see a doctor asap
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    What btw is a BM?
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bowel movement
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    What btw is a BM?

Bowel movement.

To the OP: Two weeks is way too long without a bm. As recommended you should probably see a doctor.

Aside: what keeps me regular is eating about 15 grams of wheat bran daily, and drinking lots of water.
  • julieta090818
    julieta090818 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

you should try a detox tea or just go to the doctor thats not normal, but me and my friend who are also on a weightloss we notice we get constipated a lot