Poop and weight loss

Options

Replies

• Rnsmith1982
    Rnsmith1982 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor, drink more water, milk, or prune juice.
  • pobrucepob
    pobrucepob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tjsims88 wrote: »
    Disgusting I know but I've been in a plateau for two weeks. I also haven't had a BM in two weeks. I'm thinking there's a connection :s

I hope by now that you have seen a doctor or solved your problem. You don't mention if you are having pain. I'm going to be an alarmist because it happened to me....

On vacation I awoke with a bad stomach ache. I did not have a bm for several days but the pain continued intermittently. Urgent care doctor confirmed I had a uti and left it at that but suggested I see my doctor when I got home. Pain continued. When I did get home, a bowel blockage was confirmed. Emergency surgery saved my life because the bowel was already necrotic.

Please let us know how you are!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! Please respond!! Lol. I'm now very concerned about your lack of bm movement and want to be rid of this concern. Jeesh. We are all cheering for you to poop

But to answer your original question. Yes there will be a total correlation to your weight and the amount of poop residing in you.
  • sam06ana
    sam06ana Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You haven't pooped in 2 weeks? How is that possible?

It's very possible. I just went through the same thing!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Please respond OP.

I have never gone more than 3 days with out a BM. That was only when I was obese and eating an unhealthy diet.

I'm not sure why people who are losing weight are saying this is common.
    I am more regular than I've ever been in my life bc I drink water and eat a balanced diet.

I suggest visiting your doctor if you haven't already done so.

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My sister once was constipated for two weeks, finally went to the doctor and they did an xray.... she was literally full of it. Like, entire digestive system just full. She looked pregnant and is a very thin woman. They gave her a colonoscopy prep kit (no colonoscopy, just the clear out medicine) and she didn't leave the house for two days but problem was solved.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Sohsen wrote: »
    Have you pooped yet??? :#
    Yes I find it odd that people who put up strange posts like this, never respond. But the suggestions keep pouring and pouring in. No pun intended.

I have written to the OP and asked her to come update us. 9/10 times when I do this, they do return.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Stool softners
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    tjsims88 wrote: »
    Disgusting I know but I've been in a plateau for two weeks. I also haven't had a BM in two weeks. I'm thinking there's a connection :s

The "plateau" will probably be evened out when you are able to go to the bathroom. Probably 5-lbs. of loss right there! Drink a coffee, lots of water, etc.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OP, drink more than the recommended 64 oz of water per day.
    Consume 25 mg of fiber daily, since I think you're a woman and that's the recommended number for women.
    Supplement with Magnesium, just one pill of 250 mg.

If you've already tried the fiber route, remember that too much soluble fiber slows the flow, absorbs water and some nutrients, can tend to get cloggy inside, and just generally needs some insoluble to move things along.

And that 2 weeks? Doctor might be a good idea, but if you have to wait for an appointment, do the above. I don't see that an ER would do anything for you.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OP, drink more than the recommended 64 oz of water per day.
    Consume 25 mg of fiber daily, since I think you're a woman and that's the recommended number for women.
    Supplement with Magnesium, just one pill of 250 mg.

If you've already tried the fiber route, remember that too much soluble fiber slows the flow, absorbs water and some nutrients, can tend to get cloggy inside, and just generally needs some insoluble to move things along.

And that 2 weeks? Doctor might be a good idea, but if you have to wait for an appointment, do the above. I don't see that an ER would do anything for you.

In her condition, eating fiber is the last thing she needs to do as she is blocked and the fiber will just add bulk. Also if she hasn't gone by now th ER is exactly what she needs, as she may have an obstruction which can cause permenant debilitating injury if not resolved.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I would hit up the urgent care, then once they deal with that crisis go get a high colonic. Then seriously re-evaluate your life and diet.
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    all of this stuff.

and what people always seem to forget is that poop weighs something. so does water, and urine.
    hell, 16oz of water is pretty much a pound.

I can weigh myself.
    then slam a 16oz glass of water in 10 seconds.
    then weight myself again to see the scale go up by a pound.
  • thisgirl17
    thisgirl17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    No update from OP? I hope she pooed.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    maybe she got sucked in and is stuck...
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eat more viper and go for running

The viper might be poisonous bro, then she'll have two problems to deal with.

Op, get to the doctors asap, this shiz isnt normal.

This is most probably related to your diet, so fix that as well.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Shes probably still out there searching for that viper.