Poop and weight loss

Options

Replies

• senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2 weeks with out a number 2 is not good, you need to take a laxative or go see your doctor, that's serious constapation .
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When you change your diet abruptly, this happens. It's normal. I started doing lower carb and my body hasn't totally adjusted yet - frustrating!

My advice is to get an osmotic laxative like Miralax, or generic version to help *ahem* get things going again. Also, perhaps look into getting extra probiotics via fermented foods like yogurt/kombucha/kimchi, or a supplement.

There's also different versions of tea. Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals, or anything with Slippery Elm. I also find anything caffeinated helps to stimulate my digestive system.

Going for the doctor isn't really an option for me... so I'm not about to shout "go see a doctor!" at you for something you might be able to resolve on your own. Self medicate today and see if you can get it worked out by tomorrow.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Pretty certain the lack of bm is the cause for not losing any weight, that is 2 weeks of food waste backed up in there. Try some over the counter laxatives or a fibre supplement (or both) and I would suggest that if that doesn't get you going soon see a doctor I can imagine there's some serious discomfort involved
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was constipated for 6 days and took fibre tablets with my meal last night and pooped this morning and then I took more with each meal today and had another poo recently. I've noticed my diet is both low carb and low fat so constipation could be common for me. I'm going to keep taking the fibre pills now just to help keep me regular. Hope that gets sorted soon hun xx
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I second the miralax.

Also, increase your fat and water intake.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fleet glycerin suppositories--will work in about 15-30 minutes. I had this problem recently--couldn't stand it--was blocked for nearly a week. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this--painful and distressing. I have also used Fleet saline enemas in the past--they work FAST. If you aren't comfortable using products like these--please go to an urgent care or walk-in clinic NOW. Wishing you good health!
  • danetty757
    danetty757 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The magnesium vitamins are good... When I'm stopped up, I take 3 tablets with lots of water before bed, and will go in the morning without the pain of a laxative.
  • luckey88
    luckey88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Apple Cider vinegar always helps to keep you regular if taken a few times a week.
  • palmettolady1984
    palmettolady1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try Smooth Moves, a laxative tea. Also, drinking salt water ( yucky, I know) will work you almost immediately, unless you have an obstruction. Good luck! Two weeks is a long time to not
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had a bowel movement in 2 weeks, it is seriously time to see a doctor. At this point laxatives could do worse harm.

An impacted bowel can be a serious, live threatening condition. Don't take the chance and wait for something worse to develop.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Are you still here OP, or have you passed out?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    And in response to the people saying constipation - even 2 weeks worth of it! - is normal and inevitable when losing weight: No, no, no, just *NO*. Not a guaranteed outcome, not normal, not healthy. I'm saying this partly for OP, partly for others who may be reading.

Heck, from (pre-weight-loss) experience, I know that my body is inclined to get constipated . . . but I've learned how to avoid it. Even in a 2-pounds-per-week weight loss phase, I was experiencing my normal multiple times per day (no, not diarrhea, either).

After resolving the acute (2 week, yikes!) constipation problem via medical help, strive to eat enough healthy fat daily, get enough fiber daily (ideally from food), drink plenty of water, get some exercise, and include probiotics (like live-culture yogurt) in your diet. Most (not all) people can maintain a healthy digestive system without relying on drugs or supplements.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @tjsims88 - did everything work out in the end?
  • JennB629
    JennB629 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    What btw is a BM?

Butterscotch milkshake.

I LOLed so hard!

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You really need to go to the loo!! get some fibre into you! and sip at hot water, that works well too.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My advice is to get an osmotic laxative like Miralax, or generic version to help *ahem* get things going again.

... so I'm not about to shout "go see a doctor!" at you for something you might be able to resolve on your own. Self medicate today and see if you can get it worked out by tomorrow.

I agree. A dose of Miralax (or generic) works in 1-2 days. Also, I learned in these forums last week about Vitafusion fiber gummies and I bought them and have been taking them for a few days. 5 grams of fiber each and 5 calories.

Yes, like one other person mentioned, this WOULD cause you to keep weight on -- because food and waste is not air. :)

• Sohsen
    Sohsen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you pooped yet??? :#